Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A champion who is similar to Ashe, and at the same time her polar opposite.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlyGoat

12-24-2009

Short version: Fire archer.

I want a hero that manages to accomplish the same things as Ashe; good farming, skillshots, good chasing and harassing, and a passive based around critting, but in a more skill based way. And also, you know, fire archer.

And hey, if you still doubt me, you can always read on to laugh at how bad the idea is!

So without much further bull****ting,

Siri Firesong
The Burning Archer

(I'm skipping stats this time because they're just filler anyway; one thing to note is a naturally high base crit and crit growth)

Inherent Passive - Friction:

Siri's shots build up heat in her bow; critical hits will energize her with burning energy, reducing all of her spell cooldowns by 1 second.

Yes, I'm sure this looks overpowered to you, but it's balanced around her abilities being generally weak.

(Q) - Piercing Shot:

Siri focuses her energy, causing her next shot to deal bonus magical damage, increased range, and pierces the target's vitals, slowing them briefly. This ability is affected by critical strike and applies on hit effects.

Damage increase: 10/20/30/40/50 (+25% of AP)
Range increase: 75%
Slow %: 10/15/20/25/30%
Slow duration:
Mana cost: 25
Cooldown:

Early game, this skill serves as an effective means of harassing, as well as chasing; later in the game, when your passive is ticking the already short cooldown down, it will provide a near-constant damage boost + slow + range increase. It also allows you to pepper off shots in a team fight pre-initiation with little risk to yourself.

(W) - Bursting Arrow

Siri fires a powerful fire-enchanted arrow at the target location; once it lands, the arrow erupts into an arcane explosion, igniting the ground and everything nearby.

Damage: 30/60/90/120/150 (+40% of AP) over 3 seconds.
DoT, ground: 75/150/225/300/375 (+40% of AP) over 5 seconds.
AoE: 250
Mana cost:
40/50/60/70/80
Cooldown: 8
Range: 850

Basically, a skillshot which fires a moderately fast arrow at a location, passing over units, and exploding when it hits the target point, igniting enemies with a moderate DoT. Anything which stays in the area will burn until they move out of it, too. The DoT is pretty low, but the full damage from enemies standing in it makes it a perfect farming skill. Later in the game when you're critting often, you can pepper wider areas with fire to contribute some strong AoE to teamfights.

(E) - Phoenix Barrage

While active, each shot will release a barrage of flaming sparks, striking enemies near the target you attack, dealing damage and reducing their armor and magic resist over time. This effect stacks indefinitely until the targets are no longer under fire.

Damage: 2/3/4/5/6 per second per stack. (+20% of AP per second)
Max targets: 3/3/4/4/5
Armor/MR: -1/1/2/2/3 per 2 seconds per stack.
Duration: 3/3.5/4/4.5/5
Cooldown: 20
Mana: 75/90/105/120/135

Deals damage over time and reduces armor/magic resist over time, per attack. Pretty simple stuff. Later in the game, as always, your critting will be reducing the cooldown; assuming you attack and crit ridiculously fast, you might be able to keep the stacks up indefinitely, but most heroes should be dead within 5 seconds or so against a carry that's plainly fed, so this only really applies to nashor.

(R) - Imbued Lava Arrow

Siri launches a powerful arrow to any point on the map; the arrow cracks the earth as it passes, leaving a lava-bubbling fissure in its wake, scorching anything in the area. If the arrow strikes an enemy Champion, it will explode into a scorching inferno, blasting any enemies in the area away.

Damage (lava): 100/200/300 per second (+100% of AP)
Damage (impact):
150/300/450 (+100% of AP)
Knockback distance: 800
Cooldown: 150
Mana cost: 150

An all-in-one escape skill, finisher, initiator, all-purpose-AoE-nuke. The damage isn't incredible, but the DoT trail it leaves can cut off a path to enemies, making it more effective than Enchanted Crystal Arrow for hitting running enemies across the map. In a team fight, this can nuke a single enemy and knock his allies away, leaving him open for an attack; however, unlike Enchanted Crystal Arrow it has no stun or slow attached. Your passive will drastically shorten the otherwise quite lengthy cooldown, encouraging aggressive play.

Well, there it is. Not the most fantastically original idea, I admit, but I had fun with it. Hell, I'd play it, and I hate carries. Speaking of which, yes, she has decent AP ratios on purpose.

Definitely my simplest suggestion in a while, but not everything has to be complex to be fun, right?

Clearvision

12-24-2009

I would play this champion, enjoy it, and go back to play more. In one of the million posts about possible champions this one is deffiantly my favorite. She is simplistic, defined and allowing for skill in using her to prevent her from being boring. GJ on a good idea.

P.S. I would prefer her to be a girl simply because most guy champions riot makes don't look cool or relieve your eyes from the hard day's work of staying at the computer screen.

KOREAN DAVE

12-24-2009

I dunno, Shaco looks pretty awesome. Now for this champion, definitely cool, I'd play it... and I HATE ranged champions.

SlyGoat

12-24-2009

Thank you both. If you have the time I've got two other fairly terrific ideas, Revenant (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=39130) and Mudbore (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=34237) (still my favorite).

treehugger

12-24-2009

Pretty much an auto-attack caster.

Anyway, this dude seems to be too strong at killing creeps. You might want to lower the aoe damage and add some utility to compensate.

SlyGoat

12-25-2009

Every hero in the game is good at killing creeps. Last hitting isn't exactly rocket science, and almost everyone has some kind of AoE. Plus, she's certainly no Corki.

Anhi

12-25-2009

idk. She seems linear in comparassion to how riot wants its champions its seems. I like the critting but it feels like that would be only build you would want for her you know? Since it reduces cool downs you would be getting two benefits for the price of one. And critting is just plain awesome. So, it seems dumb not to try anything else with her. I know carries are kind of like that in this game and the "ashes" are meant to be simple easy toons to play, but it just seems plain.

You could take her ulti somewhere else. The toon can throw some nice damage as is. Maybe someting like "Fire arrow". As it streaks towards its target it reveals champions in area around the arrow (invis included) the longer the arrow travels though the less area it reveals and upon contact with a hero it goes out. however this burns them dealing a dot.

treehugger

12-25-2009

Quote:
SlyGoat:
Every hero in the game is good at killing creeps. Last hitting isn't exactly rocket science, and almost everyone has some kind of AoE. Plus, she's certainly no Corki.

Let me explain this a bit more clearly.

At 8 cd, burst arrow is going to be up for every single wave.

At 80 mana, it's dirt cheap.

At 30/60/90/120/150 and 75/150/225/300/375 damages, both melee and range creeps will die.

Every similar ability that Riot has introduced has either been change or nerf in some way.

Spirit Fire nerfed with mana cost
Tormented Soil got nerfed with mana cost, lower aoe, and lower damage

Corki and Wild Card got nerfed for various reasons (farming was one of them)

There's another way of looking at this
This hero needs some sort of synergy built into his abilities. Nasus weakens and spirit fire. Morgan binds and tormented soil. Riot wants good abilities that stands alone but offers good synergy with the rest of the skills.

Lower this guy's farming and have a way to keep the enemy heroes inside the fire.

PuppetSoul

12-25-2009

Another massively rigged hero suggestion... joy...

Q - Rigged. Would be far too powerful in the laning phase, giving you a free hit on basically anyone in XP range from anywhere in XP range of the creep waves. If they so much as picked up the mana regen mastery, it becomes the equivalent of a ~15 dps DoT ticking on the enemy the entire time they're in lane at lvl1. At lvl3, it'd be around 20 dps, and so on.

W - Rigged. 850 range means you can shoot it as far as you can attack, and then an additional 250 radius. So this is essentially Morgana's AoE, but at less than half the mana cost and cooldown, and an additional on-application damage proc.

E - Rigged beyond belief. Combine E and Q together at lvl2 with an AP book, and they have the equivalent of a 22.5 dps DoT ticking on them for the entire time they're in lane AT LEVEL TWO.

R- This is just silly. Shooting this down the enemy lane would wipe out the next two creep waves, pretty much guaranteeing that you're going to push down that tower.

Worstcase

12-25-2009

YOU CANNOT BEAT THE INVOKER!!!11!1!!1!1ONE!!1

errr

Wrong thread.

Cool hero, but I think you might need to rework her some. Post above pointed out the whole DoT thing which 'could' be OP. Otherwise, gj!!!!