Udyr -- A serious review

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ihawk

12-24-2009

I am not going to go in dept on how to play him, there are many good guides out there even though I don't follow them. I personally thought he was fine before, but everyone complained.

Since everyone complained and made such a big deal, only a handful of Udyrs were playing since the patch (Me being one of them). This means that not only does everything thinks he sucks, but nobody has seen him since he was released. Thus, this produces everybody being overconfident while playing against him, especially Yi. Now while everybody keeps killed because they don't realize he is a Champion now he becomes fed. Now everybody who sees Udyr only sees him being fed, which any Champion fed can rape a whole team.

There is only one bug that I have found. While in turtle stance, if Udyr is blinded/misses/dodged he still gets his health and mana. I don't believe this should happen because the ability says "damage done" not "would be damage."

I personally believe that what Riot did with Udyr helped level out the playing field against Yi. He seems to be a complete opposite, yet not over powered enough to still rape Yi given the same skill/items.

Slowdown

12-24-2009

As I like the playesryle of Udyr I tryed him several times now. And I'm very disapointed .

Yes, I mostly play pug matches. But there he is close to useless. At the beginning you pry not to get any ranged oponent and later on you die ALOT while 5v5 ending up beeing flamed to nirvana from your team for feeding.

He might be nice, if he get some early kills and so money+level to have a slight advantage. But then again, he will die alot in group fights. And for solo roming, there are other chars, which are by far better then Udyr. Do more damage, have better survibility.

With a fixed group, you might be able to make him somewhat "tanky". But then again, there are much better chars for this job.

ihawk

12-24-2009

I posted this mainly to convey to people that Udyr is not OP, and to show why people are thinking he is. Play smart and nobody is OP.