Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

With the recent patch, Magewick has become amazing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PHoToS999

10-31-2013

The MS on BFT and the removal of the healing debuff has really impacted WW. More burst than Fizz, more sustain than Aatrox.
Sorc boots>BFT>Nashor's Tooth

If you haven't tried him yet on this patch, I suggest that you do. It's very well worth it.

EDIT: I took out Wit's End. There are better items to build after Nashor's.

EDIT2: For clarification, my item pathing:
-Start: boots>fiendish codex>2 mana pots
-8min in: Sorc Boots>BFT
-Another Fiendish
-Stinger to Nashor
-Buy whatever you need.

If you haven't tried him yet, here's a video of him:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhMajZwjiAc

FDru

10-31-2013

Magewick was mediocre before they nerfed Hungering Strike damage and healing by 20%. The removal of the heal debuff doesn't change that.

Feel free to build glass cannon WW and die instantly to anything with a stun though.

IronAegis

10-31-2013

Quote:
FDru:

Feel free to build glass cannon WW and die instantly to anything with a stun though.

I guess "This won't work and here's why" is a bit much to ask, eh?

Nexus Crawler

10-31-2013

Quote:
IronAegis:
I guess "This won't work and here's why" is a bit much to ask, eh?

Considering FDru's naturally friendly nature that was pretty nice of him to give the reason why Magewick left the spotlight in the first place.

The build the OP is suggesting is very squishy which doesn't scale his sustain enough to keep him alive in fights if he gets focused, and makes him very susceptible to CC.

I'd recommend getting at the very least a Spellblade, this helps alleviate his durability problem which scales very well with his high stats and sustain, in addition to giving the Tenacity he needs for a more offensive build.

There's two major things that make WW deal damage. Penetration, and CDR. This makes a couple things "core" to the design. Sorcerer Shoes, and Void Staff. From there you're going to need to optimize CDR to at least 33% for basically a 4s CD Q, which is your bread and butter skill and primary damage source. This also puts Infinite Duress at a 60.3/53.6/46.9 second CD meaning it should be up every fight or close to.

HaIfhearted

10-31-2013

I dunno much about how magewick plays, but I've seen Nashors+BFT magewicks 1-shot squishies in an absolutely terrifying fashion.

IronAegis

10-31-2013

Quote:
Nexus Crawler:
Considering FDru's naturally friendly nature that was pretty nice of him to give the reason why Magewick left the spotlight in the first place.

The build you're suggesting is very squishy which doesn't scale his sustain enough to keep him alive in fights if he gets focused, and makes him very susceptible to CC.

I'd recommend getting at the very least a Spellblade, this helps alleviate his durability problem which scales very well with his high stats and sustain, in addition to giving the Tenacity he needs for a more offensive build.

There's two major things that make WW deal damage. Penetration, and CDR. This makes a couple things "core" to the design. Sorcerer Shoes, and Void Staff. From there you're going to need to optimize CDR to at least 33% for basically a 4s CD Q, which is your bread and butter skill and primary damage source. This also puts Infinite Duress at a 60.3/53.6/46.9 second CD meaning it should be up every fight or close to.

Helpful as always Nexus, and yes, it was silly of me to expect a friendlier response.

Nexus Crawler

10-31-2013

Quote:
IronAegis:
Helpful as always Nexus, and yes, it was silly of me to expect a friendlier response.

Not silly, that is his way of helping. Deep down Drudelord is a decent enough guy and I even like him. He's just a bit abrasive.

I should note too he plays an annoying WW, and might even be one of his mains.

Nexus Crawler

10-31-2013

Quote:
HaIfhearted:
I dunno much about how magewick plays, but I've seen Nashors+BFT magewicks 1-shot squishies in an absolutely terrifying fashion.

Me too, I've even done it before myself. I think tho you're going to definitely want a early Spellblade so you don't get one shotted yourself.

IronAegis

10-31-2013

Quote:
Nexus Crawler:
The build you're suggesting...

I'm not suggesting anything!

Nexus Crawler

10-31-2013

Quote:
IronAegis:
I'm not suggesting anything!

First part was replaying to you, second part with spaces, replying to the OP.