Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champions That Are Actually Broke (3v3)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AstralWarriorX

10-30-2013

So its a general question (NOT a QQ thread)

So what champions are legit broke and why?

Like what is it that makes then broken on TT and not in SR?

Kimihro

10-30-2013

Last time I checked, it was League of Bruisers over on TT. I think it's the ability to fight for altars in a sustained and consistent fashion, small map, HP total over squishier champs, etc.

NerosDuplex

10-31-2013

I think I'd somewhat agree with that. The dudes I enjoy playing generally - Trundle, Darius, Garen, Tryndamere (I realize he's not really bruiser), Volibear - have a much more 'organic' playstyle on TT over SR. By that, I mean the roving, fighting, ganking, altar-taking, laning just sort of comes naturally.

I think it really helps that you start with enough gold for a vampiric scepter to jump right into a BotRK build from the start, and that really helps with early sustain.

Rykaal

10-31-2013

From what i've seen. Any bruiser that is kited to death on SR is good here, since its much harder to kite them in the more confined spaces. Look at Darius, he's ok on SR, but here he is really good since he is insanely harder to kite here, and he is tanky enough to be the main tank in a 3v3 fight.

Grandhippie

10-31-2013

poppy works well here, it's SLAM city with her all day.

MDCityAPOP

10-31-2013

its stupid how a team of three melee tanks with decent gap closers will win every game. They need to make Liandry's Torment deal magical damaged based off of their max hp and not current hp. The current BFT helps to curve the meta but its not strong enough because it works best with burst damage against one target. In order to beat a team of tanks you want consistent anti-health dps such as Vayne and Brand.

AstralWarriorX

10-31-2013

I've been running Yorick for the past 2 games and managed to do well. the 2nd game however I was the death tank while my 2 other teammates did 95% of the damage while I just ate the damage and died So basically it was 1 for 2-3 sometimes 1for1 etc. . Though I like the fact that Yorick can shift it from 3v3 to 4v3 because of the ult.

Ragsalot

10-31-2013

Darius, Nasus, and Yorick imo are a little too strong. Darius and yorick for reasons mentioned above. Nasus, because he's got the option to free farm his Q top giving 21 dmg ot his move, then hop into the jungle, adding another 33 damage to his Q and going back to lane to do it all over again. I've seen some INSANELY high Q factors on Nasus on TT. If you're able to get perfect farm, or even close, you're going to end up with at least 500 bonus damage on it. And that's one hell of a hard hit when you put his AD scaling, base damage, and trinity proc all on top of that 1 hit. With such a short cooldown @ rank 5 you can tear apart people with ease.

That being said, I still play all 3 of these champs regularly on TT and I love almost every minute of it.

Garden Lord

10-31-2013

I don't know about currently, but playing Mordekaiser is amazing, shield, hard push, ability to make it 4v2, just a pure powerhouse. Which when teamed with a Yorick and/or Zilean it gets so so dumb. or really anyone. He pretty much works well with anyone. You can end games as fast as a cheetah with the amount of champion presence morde offers in my opinion of course.

-edit- throw on a pair of captain boots and speed those minions up.

Vivek92

10-31-2013

Its not just single champs you have to look at, certain champs coupled together make EXTREMELY over powered comps.

But as single champs go I think the few that MOST 3s players will agree on are:

Jax: 3s involves a lot of bruisers and Jax's ability to dodge, stun, become pretty beefy with his ult AND his DPS with his passive make him an extremely OP pick

Singed: Everyone has trouble handling him if he gets farmed, which on threes with the quick spawning camps and ability to switch lanes in a flash and farm more can be hard to stop

Nasus: Same thing as singed more or less, he'll build straight tank with one or two damage items and STILL Q your face off

Now some of the champs I believe are a little OP in 3s would be: Kayle, Darius, Udyr, Xin, Trundle and on occasion mumu