"The login server did not respond"

12345 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hopeland

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2013

Update and potential fix. READ BOLD.

Roxanne88, A very member kind League of Legends support staff, replied to my ticket with the following suggestions:

"1) Make sure your windows clock is synced:
https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...-windows-clock

2) Make sure your Internet Explorer Options are properly configured (Updating to IE9 and running the Microsoft fixit file are the most common fixes from that guide):
https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...roubleshooting

3) Turn off Certificates in IE, IE Options > Advanced > Restore Advanced Settings, IE Options > Advanced > Uncheck "Check for server certificate authentication"
If you have a more updated version of Internet Explorer you may have to uncheck these settings instead:
"Check for server certificate revocation"
"Check for publisher's certificate revocation"
"Warn about certificate address mismatch"

4) Disable Peer to Peer transfers from the Gear menu in the top right corner of the Patcher

5) Uninstall Pando Media Booster

6) Verify that Internet Explorer is not set to Offline Mode (You can check this through the File menu in IE)"

Steps 1-2 and 6 were fairly standard, and I'd done those myself previously. Steps 3 and 4 got me thinking, so I followed the instructions and that seemed to fix the issue.

Goodluck to everybody with the same problem, and I hope this helps! If any alternate fixes are posted in this thread I'll include them in the op.

---

After unsuccessfully trying to charge some RP to my account (lag I assume, because of the new patch), I closed the game and relaunched, only to encounter this error:

"Did not receive a response from the server; retrying. (attempt #)"

After the "#" counts from 1-3, that message closes and a new message pops up:

"Login Error

The login server did not respond. You may have a connection issue that is not related to the League of Legends server. See our current Service Status here: leagueoflegends.com/board/fourmdisplay.php?f=20

If you are still unable to connect, please check the following Knowledge Base article: support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/234161-Connection-Failure-Error-When-Logging-In

Still unable to connect? Contact Player Support at support.leagueoflegends.com"

After clicking the links and following the suggestions provided, nothing seems to be fixing the issue. I've reinstalled, checked my ports, checked my clock, waited, and tried loggin in over and over.

Before submitting a proper ticket I figured I'd ask my fellow players, to see if anybody has had the same issue and knows what may be wrong.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Michus Dan

10-30-2013

Yeah I'm having the same problem, it's quite weird.

Sometimes it logs in just fine, othertimes it attempts to connect 4 times before giving up and offering the same error screen you get.

Even when it does successfully log me in, after a few minutes in game I DC and it can't reconnect automatically. When I try to close the client and and reconnect it gives the same error, "Couldn't connect to server."

It's something to do with the new patch, but what that is I couldn't guess.

Snapper2

10-30-2013

isn't this because the servers are down right now?

Hopeland

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2013

Nah, majority of people don't seem tobe having any problem like this.

Waited to see if time would fix it, but still nothing.

xjrandrejrx

10-30-2013

I am having the same problems

SageElimination

10-30-2013

I have had this problem for a very long time. I could usually jimmy it too work. But none of the usual methods are working. I reinstalled, and that did nothing. My game has been like this for a very long time. I really wana play too!!!

BluesTheProtoman

10-30-2013

Having the problem too. Live on the East Coast.

FruiPunSamuraiG

10-30-2013

same problem, east coast. Bump.

SageElimination

10-30-2013

east coast as well

Leezus

10-30-2013

Beast coast got problemos

12345 ... 11