Biggest problem with shaco: Deceive can intro and escape the same fight

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2009

I like that deceive can be used to intro and I like that it can be used to escape.

but the cooldown is simply too low and he can intro and escape the same fight with it.

Shaco is squishy as hell. he should NOT be able to stick around a team fight with less than 100 HP just because you can't catch him.

Labomba

12-24-2009

Most people will probably tell you to get an oracle or ward. They would be correct. Your team should also expect that type of behavior from shaco -- to enter a fight, deal damage, then exit. If your team is prepping to battle what looks to be a 5v4, and you don't see shaco on your minimap, you should anticipate him jumping in mid-battle to clean up on half-health champions. So, ward, oracle, and accept that your 5v4 is as deceiving as Shaco.

Onlyashadow

12-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicTheHedgedawg View Post
but the cooldown is simply too low and he can intro and escape the same fight with it.
he should NOT be able to stick around a team fight with less than 100 HP.

Get a ward, cc shaco, kill shaco.

oh ****.

SERIOUSBIZNIZ

12-24-2009

After shaco jumps in you got 10 secs to kill him (unless full cd reduc book) even then looking at 8-9 secs. Champs like cannie can turn around and drop him in 1 sec, just have to react when he pops up, or buy and oracle and blow him up when he comes into range. Only time shaco can get around that is if it's a smart shaco picking his battles wisely, about it.

makkii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERIOUSBIZNIZ View Post
After shaco jumps in you got 10 secs to kill him (unless full cd reduc book) even then looking at 8-9 secs. Champs like cannie can turn around and drop him in 1 sec, just have to react when he pops up, or buy and oracle and blow him up when he comes into range. Only time shaco can get around that is if it's a smart shaco picking his battles wisely, about it.
a good shaco is not considerably hindered by oracles, and uhhh... 8-9 secs? if he decieves waits towards the end and hits you realistically you have about 4 or 5 secs, if they have cd reduction runes and say frozen heart, you have about 2.

Jooce

12-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicTheHedgedawg View Post
I like that deceive can be used to intro and I like that it can be used to escape.

Shaco is squishy as hell. he should NOT be able to stick around a team fight with less than 100 HP just because you can't catch him.

The cooldown, mana cost, and range were all nerfed last patch. Shaco is in a decent place right now. He's a great ganker, that's what he's supposed to be. He's slippery, that's what he's supposed to be.

Nerfing his jitb was really the killing blow when it came to his group viability in non-scrub games.

You can take Shaco out easily inbetween deceives if your team focuses him down or if you have any stuns available. Silences also do a number on Shaco. Wait a few seconds then silence him. Have you played Kassadin well yet? You will have Shacos cursing your name.

The only problems I have with Shaco is how easy it is for him to get a golem buff at lvl 1, and how effective he is vs Baron.