Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Windows 8.1 Game Won't Launch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AesopRocky

10-29-2013

Someone's bound to have posted this somewhere in the forums, but after 3 hours of poring through forums, I'm super-done with doing more research.

I was on Windows 8, and League functioned fine on my computer. Yesterday, I updated my OS to Windows 8.1. Ever since, League has refused to launch. I'd double-click the launcher, and it would give me the LEAGUE OF LEGENDS banner, but never launch the PvP.net window.

I've tried compatibility mode.
I've tried restarting the computer.
I've tried running it as administrator.
I've tried deleting the launcher folders to force LoL to re-make a new one.
I've re-installed the game, using compatibility mode on the installer.

I'm out of options. Hopefully someone here knows the answer.

moose96

10-29-2013

I dont know if this will help but ive had a similar problem yesterday i installed windows 8.1 and i searched the forums someone said something about compatability so i right clicked LoL launcher and clicked troubleshoot compatability and i went from there and put in i have used this on windows 8 before and it works and boom it immediately came up sorry if this isnt very well explained but i tried A for effort

AesopRocky

10-29-2013

Quote:
moose96:
I dont know if this will help but ive had a similar problem yesterday i installed windows 8.1 and i searched the forums someone said something about compatability so i right clicked LoL launcher and clicked troubleshoot compatability and i went from there and put in i have used this on windows 8 before and it works and boom it immediately came up sorry if this isnt very well explained but i tried A for effort

Default to failed trial #1.

Riot, please. Look into this problem. Quick-fixes are good for some, but there are structural issues with this game's compatibility with some operating systems that are denying those that love League access to the game.

GeminiMatt

10-29-2013

I Run Windows 8.1 just fine so your argument is invalid.

AesopRocky

10-29-2013

There's a distinction between Windows 8 and Windows 8.1

If you're going to make my arguments invalid, at least have some absurd photo like a goose that looks strangely like Will Ferrell to supplement your post. At least then you'll be funny if you're not helpful in the least.

GeminiMatt

10-29-2013

Again, I Run 8.1 Windows just fine.

Cpt F Quackers

10-29-2013

im actually having problems right now myself but nothing before an hour ago

GeminiMatt

10-29-2013

Quote:
Furious Quackers:
im actually having problems right now myself but nothing before an hour ago

Pando Media Booster Issue >>

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=42286895&posted=1#post42286895

burningdemon

10-29-2013

i have the same problem in windows 8.1

burningdemon

10-30-2013

plz look into this problem i cant launch the game