Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Frustrating laning as Morde against skilled players... how ironic...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swadow

12-17-2010

Quote:
Prenn:

And then mord dies because hes over extended in his lane with no CD's up and probably low health from doing this 5 seconds ago. This is mords fault, tell him to learn to play his champion or ask Riot to make his CD's longer (kidding about the longer part, but its making another point like kassadin). And any smart lane partner would say "hey mord is in there killing **** and minions are low health... Im going to hit a few and get some gold here!"

Mordekaiser HAS to extend his lane to keep up his shield and at same time farm every single creep. By doing this Mordekaiser deprives the gold from the parner and puts him at risk from wihch Mordekaiser cant protect him.

Also duo lane is a place for a late game useful champ+babysitter, Mord is neither; he scales bad and he doesnt have any support abilities or any way to protect a lanemate like I said. But now since he cant take on any harass in a solo lane it's not possible for him to solo, duo inst an option. He isnt a jungler either since he doesnt have CC or movement enhancers needed for ganking and with the shield nerf he cant even survive against jungle creeps

Also in this patch they completely made that buff to his Q irrelevant, the one that made it deal more damage to a single target. He cant survive in these 1on1-situations anymore but since that is where he deals most damage it's completely negating that buff.

RIOT trying to shove him into the direction of a melee mage with slight survivability increase through shield is a complete failure. If a champion cant rely on his abilities/mechanics protecting him the only way to build is tanky. He is now just an inferior version of Sion basically without the luxury of building all AP while staying tanky and without the team utility of ulti and stun. Another thing that is making it impossible for AP Mord to work is that the itemization for mages, especially melee and no-mana ones is really ****ty.

hi im BRNA

12-17-2010

1 problem, Morde isn't a dps champion-______- he aint the fastest runner either..

Everytime i use morde now, he gets owned by ranged and melee.. With yi he does his wuju blade and chases me.. and before i know it, I'm already dead. I CANT EVEN RUN AWAY. THINK about Mordekaiser the character. He is a man forged in metal and darkness. "FORGED IN METAL" he needs his shield-___-

Wisewind

12-17-2010

Quote:
Mortalvis:
I play Mordekaiser with Spell Vamp.

I barely notice the nerf.

This

Wisewind

12-17-2010

Quote:
HeroRanger:
Just to remind you, OP talking about playing Morde against skilled players and not your typical normal game with casual players.

lulz oh you mean highly skilled Summoner Level 7 players like himself?? haha