Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Frustrating laning as Morde against skilled players... how ironic...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ubiquit0us

12-16-2010

Quote:
Rawdabubbada:
^This.

All melee heroes have trouble against ranged ones. Mordekaiser shouldn't be any different. To parrot people who defended him when he was OP, "Learn to adapt."

Are you kidding me?

Every other melee champ has some form of cc or distance closing ability. Yi, Trynd, Nid, all of them.

Morde has none of those. The only thing that keeps him alive early game is his ability to withstand 1-2 auto attacks with a full shield. With this epic nerf (yes, decreasing shield generation 33% and increasing decay 40% is epic) he can't get half a shield until level 6.

I can siphon all 6 minions in a wave (costs morde heafty life early game) and only get 2/5 of my shield full. It's gone before cooldown. And if I get autoattacked, it's wiped out, I lose some life, and I'm still out all of the life the spell cost.

Nahuta

Recruiter

12-16-2010

Mace of Spades bounces now, making it a lot more viable. Having mid against Morde, Q is actually better than E for shield generation. As for the people who say "OMG my shield goes down so fast" well good, that means you can just turret dive every single minion wave and take no damage from it.

I refused to play Morde before this latest patch because he needed this nerf. He's still epicly viable, and the reasons for playing him are still there. Just because you can't play Morde the cheapass way now doesn't mean he's UP. After all, I like him even better as a tanky support champ post-patch.

And for the people excessively QQing about Morde not having an escape mechanism or chasing mechanism, you're supposed to get excessive movement speed on him anyways. Seriously, FoN, Boots of Swiftness, and Phantom Dancer/Lich's Bane, Ghostblade, Shurelia's... shall i continue?

dudeboobs

12-16-2010

I was playing as Morde earlier today. I wasn't aware he was nerfed that much until I was finding it was a little harder to lane than usual. Like Teemo actually sent me back to pool a couple times. Didn't really matter though, you just gotta zone a little more until your syphon is a little higher. I've gone 5 wins - 0 loses post nerf Morde so yeah, you can still roll nerds with him.

Giltia Zero

12-16-2010

Quote:
Nightdancer ND:
So, he is basically a hero like all others now?

No, idiot. Other heroes have CC/Damage/Range/Heals/Burst/Utility.

Morde has his shield.

Except now he doesn't.

Ubiquit0us

12-16-2010

Quote:
Nahuta:
Mace of Spades bounces now, making it a lot more viable. Having mid against Morde, Q is actually better than E for shield generation. As for the people who say "OMG my shield goes down so fast" well good, that means you can just turret dive every single minion wave and take no damage from it.

I refused to play Morde before this latest patch because he needed this nerf. He's still epicly viable, and the reasons for playing him are still there. Just because you can't play Morde the cheapass way now doesn't mean he's UP. After all, I like him even better as a tanky support champ post-patch.

And for the people excessively QQing about Morde not having an escape mechanism or chasing mechanism, you're supposed to get excessive movement speed on him anyways. Seriously, FoN, Boots of Swiftness, and Phantom Dancer/Lich's Bane, Ghostblade, Shurelia's... shall i continue?

Don't talk to me about itemization. Late game, when he has items, he is the same champion, in theory.

It's his early game that has been crushed beyond belief. He is among the squishiest laners now. He harasses himself casting spells, his shield isn't strong enough to protect his healthbar, and he can't escape/control the enemy's movement.

Lunir

12-16-2010

Quote:
Rawdabubbada:
^This.

All melee heroes have trouble against ranged ones. Mordekaiser shouldn't be any different. To parrot people who defended him when he was OP, "Learn to adapt."

Not reallyt trying to say morde is up or op but, the difference between morde and other melee is most melee have a way to close the gap and often have cc to keep that gap closed.

Giltia Zero

12-16-2010

And even then, that just pushes the idea that Ranged characters should be able to lawlfaceroll anyone and everyone with a melee ranged attack.

Mortalvis

12-16-2010

I play Mordekaiser with Spell Vamp.

I barely notice the nerf.

Giltia Zero

12-16-2010

15% of Mordes damage is very little damage.

I tend to build a Gunblade as my last item, but Mordes damage isn't that impressive to warrant rushing it at all.

What I'm saying is that your build is inferior. I bet you do Warmogs too.

WinterWolf77

12-16-2010

*sigh*

I keep hearing this "Mord is like everyone else now" nonsense.

No he is not. Mord has NO cc, NO escape, LITTLE damage. What made him viable was his ability to generate a shield and thus survive harassment. Guess what he doesn't have now? His shield.

So we are stuck with a champion who has nothing. Thanks whiners, you were all so inept at fighting Mordekaiser that now he is a terrible champion. The number of times I saw someone with one bar of health charge a lvl 6 Mord... You wouldn't charge a lvl 6 Annie with one health bar would you? No, you wouldn't, but for some reason you would charge Mord, die from his ulti, then make a whiner thread.

"But Annie is squishy, Mord is not." Annie has a stun and good AP ratios, Mord does not. Also, Mord is in fact one of the squishiest "tanks" in LoL, he made up for that by having a shield... oh wait, that's nerfed. "It's only nerfed until lvl 8." Lvl 1 - 8 is the laning phase, where Mord needs that shield the most.

I'll get downvoted of course, because anyone who played Mord clearly just wanted an "easy button champion." Mord was never an easy button, bad players made him an easy button.