Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Frustrating laning as Morde against skilled players... how ironic...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WarTornPanda

12-16-2010

Not really...without uber regeneration you can't stay your lane until until the enemy tower is dead. Now you have to play defensively and actually heal when you get low. Like I said, welcome to playing like the rest of us. Buy wards and you won't have to worry about getting ganked either.

Xyltin

12-16-2010

Quote:
moodster:
Do all the other champions have HP costs on their abilities too?

Now he barely generates shield early game. The minions do damage, it costs HP to use spells, and he gets harrassed by running in to get healed. You do a better job playing putting your w on a minion and in-out lasthitting until shield generation goes to 25%.

Also, no other melee champions skillset promotes running into minions as a method of protecting yourself. You're already making yourself pretty vulnerable doing that despite your shield.

Morde does only have to go into melee range for one ability.
the other 2 have a high range.
He farms more easy than most other melees and still doesnt get into too much danger.

Maybe the nerf was too hard and 22/26/30% would be better, but my mate (who mains Morde) didnt have much problems on a 2v2 lane agaisnt ranged champs with lags on his side.
Solo lane he is still awesome especially mid lane.

Xerocist

12-16-2010

the problem isn't the shield regen nerf, it's the decaying rate, making it decay 40% faster is too much.

You say now morde is like other melee champs? name "one" melee champ that doesn't have not a single CC nor a single escape/chase mechanism, what? can't find any? morde is the only champ in game that has nothing to help him besides his shield, no shield means no morde, u pay too much to gain so little and yet what you gain is lost in secs, balanced huh? morde's skills cost between 25-70 health over lvls, let's say u need to use all 3 skills to regen full shield (which is a myth now at low lvl), all 3 skills at lvl 1, is 75 dmg "every time" u attempt to get shield little at low lvls? and yet that shield doesn't last to do it's job.

Wise Squirrel

12-16-2010

Nice joke thread I thought it was serious for a second there ;p.

Alithalor

12-16-2010

So the fact people can't faceroll Mord and pretty much never die early game is bad? Mord was like Garen (who also go nerfed) but worse. Sure he has no CC, but early game he could out push almost anyone, farm up, harass and the majority of the Champions couldn't do a think about it.

I always loved people that argued

1. If you stop Mord from farming early he's a joke late
- it's hard to stop him from farming early
- I've been able to out lane Mords as most of my Champions but once level 4 hits he can just go and kill ghouls and keep up or out level me
2. if your team is well coordinated he's easy
- this assume everyone on your team isn't stupid and/or you play with a group of friends all the time which most people probably don't.

Mord might have been a bit over Nerfed but he needed to be beat by the Nerfing stick.

Dimok

12-16-2010

I've played 4 post nerf mord games, and I have to agree his early/mid game really sucks now. Even skillfully hitting almost every minion in a wave with siphon, nets you enough shield for about 4/5 seconds. I agree he was strong early game, and I'm not sure what needed to be tweaked, but this nerf seems extreme. I won't ***** and cry about it, but if I'm the last to pick a champ and there is no tank, there will just be no tank.

Eppa

12-16-2010

Quote:
WarTornPanda:
I downvoted everyone that called champions in this game a 'hero'.

Because that really matters, You call yourself a Panda are you really a Panda?

HeroRanger

12-16-2010

Shield regen nerf early game fine.

Decay rate is what really bothers me. That small % is very noticable.

Carnack

12-16-2010

Quote:
Rawdabubbada:
^This.

All melee heroes have trouble against ranged ones. Mordekaiser shouldn't be any different. To parrot people who defended him when he was OP, "Learn to adapt."

But you're in no position to parrot.

Before: MORDE N GAREN OP NOT GONNA BOTHER LEARNIN 2FIGHT EM

After: All you people who made me qq before after getting reamed by you should just learn to play...even thought I'm not. Hence my qq.

Weaver2

12-16-2010

Quote:
Nightdancer ND:
So, he is basically a hero like all others now?

I personally see this as a problem. The reason we have different champions is because having unique abilities and play styles makes the game interesting. If the end goal of Riot is to just make every champion the same we may as well just replace every champion with ashe and then call it a day.