Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Base HP regen of some champions

1
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kalcos

Senior Member

12-16-2010

I know the general rule is tanks have the highest regen, then melee>mage>support>ranged carry. Tank and melee usually have 7hp/5. Mage and support usually have 4hp/5. Ranged carry usually have 1hp/5. Self-heal champions usually have lower. But there are wierd exceptions to the rule.

Teemo(4.65hp/5), Sivir(4.25) and Trist(5.1) have mage/support-like regen.

Kayle has 1.4hp/5 despite being a melee/ranged/support hybrid.

Blitzcrank is melee/mage but he only has 1.45hp/5.

The most atrocious though is Veigar who has 0.9hp/5. Lower regen than ranged carries.

I think it'd be nice to buff the base regen of some of the champions I mentioned: Veigar, Blitzcrank, Kayle(I prefer making her totally ranged but regen buff is alright as a band aid solution) for consistency.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karathrow

Senior Member

12-16-2010

Interesting. Did this come from a wiki or your own personal testing. If your own testing are you sure that you didnt have anything that could mess with the results? (buffs, items, masteries, runes,etc)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

5h4p3

Senior Member

12-16-2010

Usually, with blitz, you take the strength of spirit mastery, which boosts your health regen a lot for a typical blitz-build. But I agree, give the robot some love


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karathrow

Senior Member

12-16-2010

Quote:
5h4p3:
Usually, with blitz, you take the strength of spirit mastery, which boosts your health regen a lot for a typical blitz-build. But I agree, give the robot some love


I saw your name and thought to myself "how do you hammer on from 5 to 4?" (guitar tablature notation thingy)

**** Im tired.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kalcos

Senior Member

12-16-2010

Quote:
Karathrow:
Interesting. Did this come from a wiki or your own personal testing. If your own testing are you sure that you didnt have anything that could mess with the results? (buffs, items, masteries, runes,etc)


I haven't tested it myself. I take the numbers from wiki which I assume took the numbers from the official champion profiles on the website (I checked a few and they're the same). It could be outdated I guess. It'd be nice if someone could confirm.

Quote:
":
Usually, with blitz, you take the strength of spirit mastery, which boosts your health regen a lot for a typical blitz-build.

I think most mages have mana in their item builds (RoA, AA staff) so they benefit from SoS mastery as well. Although Blitz has a shield it's temporary HP and it's clutch. He doesn't has any defensive skills so he's sort of squishy for a melee. On a related note Singed, who also benefits greatly from the synergy of Mana and SoS mastery, has 7.65hp/5.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xyltin

Senior Member

12-16-2010

Quote:
Kalcos:
I know the general rule is tanks have the highest regen, then melee>mage>support>ranged carry. Tank and melee usually have 7hp/5. Mage and support usually have 4hp/5. Ranged carry usually have 1hp/5. Self-heal champions usually have lower. But there are wierd exceptions to the rule.

Teemo(4.65hp/5), Sivir(4.25) and Trist(5.1) have mage/support-like regen.

Kayle has 1.4hp/5 despite being a melee/ranged/support hybrid.

Blitzcrank is melee/mage but he only has 1.45hp/5.

The most atrocious though is Veigar who has 0.9hp/5. Lower regen than ranged carries.

I think it'd be nice to buff the base regen of some of the champions I mentioned: Veigar, Blitzcrank, Kayle(I prefer making her totally ranged but regen buff is alright as a band aid solution) for consistency.


Kyle has a heal so she can life with that low HP regen.
Blitz has a shield, and i think thats the reason he has such a low HP reg.
Sivir is only short ranged and has low HP. She is also considered a pusher and so she needs the HP reggen.

So Tristi, Teemo and Veigar are still there.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kalcos

Senior Member

12-16-2010

Quote:
Xyltin:
Kyle has a heal so she can life with that low HP regen.
Blitz has a shield, and i think thats the reason he has such a low HP reg.
Sivir is only short ranged and has low HP. She is also considered a pusher and so she needs the HP reggen.

So Tristi, Teemo and Veigar are still there.


You have to look to other champions who have similar skill as well. Like I said, support champions have around 4hp/5, almost without exception. It's not low.

For example: Soraka has even stronger heal. She has 4.5hp/5. Sona has 5hp/5 and she has incredible range. Taric has 7.1hp/5 and he's super tanky. Janna has 4.5hp/5 she has a shield and an AoE heal. Gangplank has 4.25hp/5 and a heal that removes CC at the same time.

Blitz I explained in my last comment so I won't repeat here.

Sivir I agree with you.


1