Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What is smart cast and how to use it.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grovel

03-04-2011

Saw this thread a while back and since then I've gone 100% smart cast and haven't looked back. There are only a couple champs that it can get a little confusing with (Karthas/Malz Gates, Veiger's Circle stun) but for the most part I'm rolling with smartcase on every character. Thanks for the tip.

GeneralStan

03-04-2011

Smart Cast is a necessity on the new Ryze. Q-->W-->E-->Q in a second

I set my Smart Cast options to T-Y-U-I with summoners on J-K, so I have an option available to continue using my default keys, or shift over and use only smart casting. (With certain champions, smart cast is not that helpful. Only when there is a large combo to use do I find it awesome. For instance, Malphite I find it pointless, since his ult usually requires more careful aiming than smart cast will allow. Others, its essential

WhatsAGrimace

03-18-2011

bump to help people

Aeonstorm

03-19-2011

if you hit multiple keys at once, do they queue?

WhatsAGrimace

03-21-2011

Quote:
Aeonstorm:
if you hit multiple keys at once, do they queue?

i think the first key you use registers and then you have to hit the other keys again. it happens so fast its kinda hard to notice.

TheScarredBow

05-11-2011

Bump for de smart cast.

bylobog44

05-11-2011

Is there any way to bind auto-attacks to left click? I just hate when trying to last hit with a ranged champion and you right click on a minion that dies just as you click it and your champion goes rushing up to that location.

Meowth QQ

05-11-2011

This is a great utility for using skillshots that slow (Like anivia's Q) when escaping from champions. it just makes it much easier to place skill shots as well I think.

Enfiniti

05-22-2011

I had no idea what smart-casting was till i read this thread. This actually made me a better player! Thnx!

dovvntempo

05-22-2011

there are some champions / skills that benefit GREATLY from smartcast. Some don't, or not as much in my opinion.

champions to try it on:

Renekton: slice and dice becomes MUCH easier when you have E on smart cast. Having to time your mouse click with the end of slice's range / animation is a bit of a chore in the middle of a fight. So for everyone who's ever been jealous of Renekton bot's superfast slice and dice, try it out.

Ezreal: makes mystic shot near instant. However, because you can't see the range of mystic shot when smart casting, it's not a good option for champions just learning ezreal. Learn the range of mystic so you won't have to rely on range...finder thingy. I never had a problem with it pre-smart cast but having it on is certainly nice. Arcane shift: this one I'm iffy about. It's easy enough to cast without smart cast and there is something about manually left clicking that feels more comfortable for me. A personal thing, imo. Ult: up to you.

Shaco: Deceive: must have. Having it on smart cast makes it a little bit faster. So smooth with it. Jitb: smartcast this too, you place these suckers everywhere constantly so it's just a nice touch. 2-shiv. Oh god yes, smart cast this baby. How many times have I deceived after an enemy and failed my 2-shiv because of a misclick, or he was JUST out of my range.... This is THE skill to smart cast w/shaco. All in all, setting all his abilities to smart cast has improved my shaco gameplay noticeably.

Kassadin: Meh.... my main mage requires the display. Though I think it's just that I haven't played Kass consistently in awhile so I may not yet be comfortable with removing my display from his spells. Similar to ezreal mystic shot situation above.