Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What is smart cast and how to use it.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhatsAGrimace

12-18-2010

bump for awareness

Wonton55

12-18-2010

Holy ****, this sounds awesome! Ima try this on Zilean, hopefully it'll reduce the amount of time it takes to Q-W-Q someone.

frvwfr2

12-18-2010

I love Smart Cast, and I think it's better on all characters. For Vlad, if you are dueling another Vlad, it is much quicker just to press Q rather than having to do that AND click. I made my default spell casts use Smart Cast, it's just great. Mundo's Cleaver, Zilean's Bomb's (as mentioned above), Nidalee's Spear, Traps, Ashe's Arrow, just so many skills that make excellent use of it.

The Zero Virus

12-18-2010

is this good for olaf's axe throw? doesn't sound like it would be...

Rylar D

12-18-2010

In general if you need the targeting graphic still this isn't for you. When you're familiar enough with a champion that you know your AoE and range already then go for it.

I'm considering trying this, just worried that I'll screw up and get into the old way of it, thinking I'm preparing to do something when it goes off prematurely. I hear a lot of guys have that problem.

frvwfr2

12-18-2010

Quote:
Rylar D:
In general if you need the targeting graphic still this isn't for you. When you're familiar enough with a champion that you know your AoE and range already then go for it.

I'm considering trying this, just worried that I'll screw up and get into the old way of it, thinking I'm preparing to do something when it goes off prematurely. I hear a lot of guys have that problem.

That might happen a bit at the beginning, but it is worth it after a game or 2.

WhatsAGrimace

12-19-2010

i think this is worth bumping, maybe worth moving to general im getting good reviews.

Kamikaze kae

12-19-2010

doin this will increase your game 10 Fold on it is a must on Cass and now that i know about i will have it on most my champs its something they should go into detail about once you hit lvl 20 or 30 that and SelfCast and anything else that idk about that would help my gameplay out alot

Kamikaze kae

12-19-2010

Riot should make something in the Frontpage like how to make your game from Good To Perfect and then a big long list of things that would make your gameplay better IE Self casting Black Shield when a gaint ice block is flyin at you idk how many times its saved me and got me a kill it can also go into detail about Smart Casting and other usefull tips and tricks Like Zhonya's ring to avoid a Karth ulti and other such tips for Pro playin LoL

AGucciCow

12-19-2010

bump for smart casting