Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to know your Elo rank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azurien

12-24-2009

I've been wondering bout this for a while, how do we see wich elo bracket are we on? don't guess its for lvl cuz i've been teamed with peopla that are higher lvl than me when i queud solo...

Does any1 know where and how we see it?

Arthas Menethil

Recruiter

12-24-2009

Levels are not a good indicator, try average number of feeders per game (BOTH on your side and on your opponents').

If it's higher than 1, welcome to sub-1500 ELO.

Xeatoa

Recruiter

12-24-2009

http://leagueoflegends.com/elo/login

LEVEL 5 DAGON

12-24-2009

The more often you see the same players, the higher/lower your Elo. If you tend to not see the same players often you're average. If you see the same players fairly often you're above/below average. It should be pretty easy to tell whether you're above or below.

nicosharp

12-24-2009

just when i thought my ELO is decent, I play with complete **** bags, which makes me wonder, what is wrong with matchmaking, or are they just trying to F with me to keep me guessing.

**** carries always blame the tank for being bad, because they initiate without one or when the tank is no where nearby...

Azurien

12-24-2009

Quote:
Xeatoa:
http://leagueoflegends.com/elo/login

link not working says page nog found =/

so the only way to know that is by memorizing the oponents/teammates? =( i was hopping to see a list like a rank =(

CageHN

Recruiter

12-24-2009

That guy was trolling you, that doesn't exist atm

HotShotHUEHUE

12-24-2009

The real point is... there is no ELO rank, this is known due to the matchmaking system. If any real ranking existed, you would not have such one sided games. Your ELO rank is a random dice roll that is done when you queue up. Based on your dice roll you are based with others of similiar dice rolls and are then put on the "winner" or "loser" team based on your previous match. If you are 5 man premade you will always be the winner team unless the other team has paid more through the RP store. If they have paid more, you will have 1 of your 5 man premade team people drop out and he will be replaced by a paid for feeder at riot's expense (with the money they got from the "winners" RP purchases). That feeder will do 1 of 6 things:

1- AFK at the start and come back 15 minutes later. You will question him as to where he went and he will have a response ranging from the following
1a- Was eating lunch(dinner breakfast brunch linner brinner luckfest dinckfest)
1b- SORRY I HAVE A LIFE, WHY DONT YOU GET ONE
1c- MY CAT WAS ON FIRE I HAD TO GO TO THE VET
1d- My mom wanted me to bring in groceries and she bought like $1000 worth so it took 15 minutes, we also live in a mansion so my driveway is 1.5 miles long

2- Feed all game by running directly into enemy bases and giving gold and exp, when they do this the opposing team will be level 18 within 10 mnutes.

3- TALK IN CAPS A LOT AND CLAIM TO BE THE ALLAH OF LOL but go 0 - 19 - 0

4- Buy 6 oracle potions and run around the map claiming that he sees dead people

5- Attempt to solo baron at level 1, die over and over again and eventually revert to opton 2.

6- Play well for the first 10 minutes, giving you a false sense of hope and then afk for the remaining 15, when he returns you will ask what happened, He will use one of the excuses in option 1 and then proclaim if you didn't suck so bad you wouldn't have lost.

Moral of the story, buy RP.

RyuuKitten

Recruiter

12-24-2009

Quote:
kyxoan7:
snip

lol. If you're being serious, no. Just no.

12-24-2009

Quote:
kyxoan7:
The real point is... there is no ELO rank, this is known due to the matchmaking system. If any real ranking existed, you would not have such one sided games. Your ELO rank is a random dice roll that is done when you queue up. Based on your dice roll you are based with others of similiar dice rolls and are then put on the "winner" or "loser" team based on your previous match. If you are 5 man premade you will always be the winner team unless the other team has paid more through the RP store. If they have paid more, you will have 1 of your 5 man premade team people drop out and he will be replaced by a paid for feeder at riot's expense (with the money they got from the "winners" RP purchases). That feeder will do 1 of 6 things:

1- AFK at the start and come back 15 minutes later. You will question him as to where he went and he will have a response ranging from the following
1a- Was eating lunch(dinner breakfast brunch linner brinner luckfest dinckfest)
1b- SORRY I HAVE A LIFE, WHY DONT YOU GET ONE
1c- MY CAT WAS ON FIRE I HAD TO GO TO THE VET
1d- My mom wanted me to bring in groceries and she bought like $1000 worth so it took 15 minutes, we also live in a mansion so my driveway is 1.5 miles long

2- Feed all game by running directly into enemy bases and giving gold and exp, when they do this the opposing team will be level 18 within 10 mnutes.

3- TALK IN CAPS A LOT AND CLAIM TO BE THE ALLAH OF LOL but go 0 - 19 - 0

4- Buy 6 oracle potions and run around the map claiming that he sees dead people

5- Attempt to solo baron at level 1, die over and over again and eventually revert to opton 2.

6- Play well for the first 10 minutes, giving you a false sense of hope and then afk for the remaining 15, when he returns you will ask what happened, He will use one of the excuses in option 1 and then proclaim if you didn't suck so bad you wouldn't have lost.

Moral of the story, buy RP.

Not sure if this was intended to be some sort of funny joke or insightful criticism. Either way... epic fail.