Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Update Failed: Unspecified error occured. Please check the logs for more information.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LightX

10-27-2013

So basically my client has been working perfectly for the past several months up until this point. So yesterday I played several games with no problems though today in my third game of the day my client froze. I restart League and try to reconnect however this error is prompted. Clicking 'continue' is a dead end as it stays at that 33%, leaving the client fully operational besides the precious 'PLAY' button. Clicking 'Send Logs' results in your client completely freezing and you're required to close it obviously. So I'm pretty certain there are others with this similar problem. Advice/feedback appreciated. Thanks guys.

Styx

Recruiter

10-27-2013

Follow these steps, if it still has issued follow the steps below for the clean install

1. Your Active Scripting is disabled, Go to Internet Options -> Security -> Active scripting (near the bottom) -> Enable -> OK. Restart the launcher.
2. Go to your projects folder (Default path is C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects) and delete the lol_air_client, then restart your patcher.
3. Go to your projects folder and delete the lol_launcher folder inside, this will reset your patcher completely.
4. Try turning off your UAC in Windows 7/Vista (does not apply to XP) http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ndows-vista%2F

Try doing a clean install.

1: Uninstall league of legends and anything affiliated with it
2: Download, install, and run CCleaner (http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner)
3: Reinstall league from the sites main download

Let me know if this helped.

LightX

10-28-2013

Alright so it resolved itself. I opened the client today, it did take longer than usual to update but it did with no errors. GG riot. Thanks for your advice though!

Ak9yx

02-21-2014

Thanks soo much I had about 2 weeks not able to play this helped me a lot ^.^

Black Star 9

07-17-2014

Thank you so much, it worked well first time i tried and the lol client is actually working a bit better for me again thanks sooo much!

Avonty

09-05-2014

Riot makes way too much money to have this many problems. Can't get it to fix. So I've wasted probably around 200 dollars on a game that doesn't work half the time. Riot won't do anything to make it up to you though, I mean why would they?