Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tri-Force and Gauntlet: Looks like they DO stack.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Schaibs

10-27-2013

Ok, I started a bot game, and started writing down numbers to see if the combine was worth it. What I found out was surprising. My Items were BT, Tri-force, Gauntlet, and a pickaxe. I was Lucian and I was shooting wraiths to find these numbers. (DISCLAIMER - these stats are simple hits on wraiths, I have not considered armor and armor pen and I forgot to write down my total AD)

Tri + Gaunt

Regular Auto - 260
Empowered Auto - 400
Gaunt Splash - 127

Tri only

Regular Auto - 260
Empowered Auto - 447

Gaunt only (Plus three long swords to compensate for AD loss from Tri)

Regular Auto - 260
Empowered Auto - 377
Gaunt Splash - 127

So it seems like it averages the bonus damage between the two items.
Tri = 187 bonus damage (172%)
Tri + Gaunt = 140 bonus damage (154%)
Gaunt = 117 bonus damage (145%)

The exact average only Tri and only Gaunt is = 152 bonus damage (158%)

So it seems by combining these items you are basically getting an average of bonus damage between the procs, and then all the stats and utility between the items. So, This should not be build on someone trying to achieve glass cannon, because it will lower your burst. However, the stats for both items are pretty good for AD bruisers because of the combined slow and speed boost with CDR and it will make your spell blade hit a little harder than the Gauntlet alone.

SkillShocks

10-27-2013

#fakeandgay #noswag# noproof #yoloswag #peaceout

Schaibs

10-27-2013

Quote:
SkillShocks:
#fakeandgay #noswag# noproof #yoloswag #peaceout

Defuq?

Bill Oreilly

10-27-2013

Part of the huge cost of building these items is 1200 for two sheens. One proc. waste of money. Don't stack em.

H0p0nP0p

10-27-2013

Interesting... Make sure u remember about mobs getting stronger as time proceeds. Best controlled way is to have no runes masteries (or else for armor to even it). No other items.Whack at 100 armors player. Or else, two ezreals beating eachother with same stats, dif item combos.

I applaud for ur insightful research... But i still believe the priority of dmg goes;

lich bane > Tri force > Iceborn Gauntlet > sheen.

The gauntlet's splash howerever will still deal it's normal aoe dmg based on it's own dmg. But the target will b dealt the priority spell blade.
N e reds confirm plz??

Frightning

10-28-2013

Iceborn Gauntlet and Trinity Force stack in a sense. The target takes the 200% of base AD TF proc damage, but the AoE will damage everything else for the amount specified in the Iceborn Gauntlet passive, it will also put down the slow field which will effect the target as well as everything else unfriendly inside the radius.

Schaibs

10-28-2013

Quote:
Frightning:
Iceborn Gauntlet and Trinity Force stack in a sense. The target takes the 200% of base AD TF proc damage, but the AoE will damage everything else for the amount specified in the Iceborn Gauntlet passive, it will also put down the slow field which will effect the target as well as everything else unfriendly inside the radius.

Well, when trinity and gaunt was combined, it was hitting less than just trinity. I would imagine the target takes 162.5% of proc damage, which is the average of the procs.

Grilotrix

08-27-2014

Sorry to bump the thread but Riot just mentioned in their patch about upgrading the dmg proc on Tri to 200% now when both items are owned. So now full dmg will be done to the main target and the aoe will stay the same dmging surrounding enemies while everyone is slowed.

FantasySniper

08-27-2014

Quote:
Grilotrix:
Sorry to bump the thread but Riot just mentioned in their patch about upgrading the dmg proc on Tri to 200% now when both items are owned. So now full dmg will be done to the main target and the aoe will stay the same dmging surrounding enemies while everyone is slowed.

Even if it may not be common knowledge, there was no reason to bump this thread solely for this.

Zetsumei117

10-06-2014

Even if it may not be common knowledge posts like yours just make trolls wanna troll.