DnD Alignments for LoL Champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Langolier

12-28-2010

Annie is missing from the list. According to the links provided above, it says her affiliation is with Noxus. I'd say she is Chaotic Evil, as she pretends to be an adorable little child until she immolates you and summons her bear from hell, Tibbers.

Dracorya

12-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langolier View Post
Annie is missing from the list. According to the links provided above, it says her affiliation is with Noxus. I'd say she is Chaotic Evil, as she pretends to be an adorable little child until she immolates you and summons her bear from hell, Tibbers.
Annie's parents were Noxian magic users who voluntarily self exiled themselves from the city because they disagreed with some of Noxus'...less savory images.

So no, I don't think Annie is associated with Noxus, she's an independent.

Areia Polias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2010

Ashe would be Lawful Neutral. Her life goal is to create law and order among her people, but she does not show any extreme of benevolence or malevolence in the process of doing so.

Malphite would also be Lawful Neutral, and strongly so. According to his lore, his entire purpose is to serve this great collective. He cares not for morality and ethics, only that the collective must be served.

Vlad should be Chaotic Evil. He wants to kill things, and doesn't seem to use law and order to bring it about.

Lastly, I have a problem with using True Neutral for anything with a thinking brain, but that's more a function of my interpretations of the alignment system. Granted, I have no clue where that would leave Jax, Rammus, and Ammumu. Probably Chaotic Neutral, if only because they don't care much for any kind of organization or ethic.

Adarkarn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2010

Jax using motivation to determine alignment is true neutral because all he is is a mercenary turned well a pit fighter and all he is doing is what he loves, fighting and he does so under the rules of the league, also in his lore it says that Jax was defined from his actions in the league making him more of a pit fighter.
Also Jax maybe a chaotic neutral but i would go more towards the true neutral.

Kassadin is a lawful neutral for one main reason, he is trying to keep the "things scratching on the door" from getting into Voloran so he is more of a guard than anything else i can think of atm.

I think there are more neutral characters(lawful chaotic or true) in this game then any other alignment( good or evil).

Also Teemo is a hard one because it is stated he is a assassin and his actions say he is evil but his motivations otherwise.( he is trying to destroy the enemies of the yordles)

Areia Polias

12-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adarkarn View Post
I think there are more neutral characters(lawful chaotic or true) in this game then any other alignment( good or evil).
The ultimate problem with applying alignments out of anything beyond black and white morality is that people are far more willing to do what they think is Right as opposed to what they think is Wrong. Whether that Right or Wrong translates to Good or Evil is still vastly debated. Of course, D&D generally assumes that the "bad guys" seek to do evil as a matter of course while the good guys seek to do good. Neutrality then is a void (hail, Icathia) desiring neither what is Right nor Wrong, but what is immediately appropriate.

tl;dr: I have some philosophical problems with the alignment system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adarkarn View Post
Also Teemo is a hard one because it is stated he is a assassin and his actions say he is evil but his motivations otherwise.( he is trying to destroy the enemies of the yordles)
Is morality determined by intention of cause, or the ends of effect?
Teemo is truly messy. I'd peg him as Lawful based on his drive to maintain the cultural integrity of his people. He could be good for very similar reasons, but I also find the argument that his growing nature as a sociopath becomes morally questionable.

Riot Cidem

Web Content Assistant

12-28-2010

Teemo is part of the military for Bandle City. What he does isn't pretty, but he does it in service to his people. If anything, he's Necessary Evil. It's all for the greater good.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ecessarilyEvil

Areia Polias

12-28-2010

Aha! So in Teemo's case the ends make the means? Morgana chose to use evil means to fight the tyranny of Kayle's people, but the Lore explicitly states that she herself is not innocent for that very reason. Would Teemo then be equally guilty, being one who fights monsters?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...FightsMonsters

P.S. Upvotes for you, my friend. These are the kind of discussions that make my day.

Salabar

12-29-2010

Was bored.

multis

12-30-2010

How is Blitzcrank good? He's just there with no real goal except to find others similar to him.

Areia Polias

12-30-2010

He has a heart of gold, but no allegiance to any nation or law body. Personally that's a better description of Chaotic Good than "the Robin Hood."