Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So, let's talk about Kassadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trust Sam

12-16-2010

Rammus taunt works wonders. From experience.

Xerocist

12-16-2010

First of all, i salute u for not saying Kassadin is OP and instead asked for a discussion, you have my respect.

Kassadin is really really squishy, he needs a good amount of AP to be effective, has only 2 damaging skills and his ulti which is more of a escape mechanism and need some stacks on it to do dmg which means less chances of escape, not to mention not a good farmer at all.

Kassadin is really vulnerable in lane before lvl 6 with very limited dmg close to ignorable, take advantage of this and try talking him down before that to cripple him, i find tanks relatively good vs kass as it's very hard for him to hurt em.

All it takes to take kass down is a single Stun/Silence/Snare and he's dead, he's really really squishy that wouldn't take 0.5 secs to take him down.

elWhiteNinja

12-16-2010

The thing that makes kass awesome is his versitility. Soul stealer is the only item he should absolutely get. Ive been playing him for a very long time and I must say that he is extremely fun but he is very balanced in that he does very little early game and does not farm well. And as everyone said he is a chump before lvl 6 even till 11ish but the thing is kass has many item builds because of his versatility. He can AP (primary role), hybrid, tank (Ive done it with great success), and build AD.

Kass is ballanced by squishiness, very high mana costs (5 rift walks costs 1500 manna making tear and essential), AOE that has to be proced by other spells, horibad farming abilities, and lower usefulness in a team fight do to low range spells.

So him having a great escape ability is what makes him the voidwalker. He is an anti-mage assassin (which is great for the current metagame) and he eats squishies, But he requires a lot of skill to do well with. He is a high risk high reward champ, with a great late game. He gets soulstealer cause its the best AP item for the money, and since he has such abysmal farming abilities he needs to have that buff from it. First team fight he will just hope to get some stacks. After he has a few he can proceed to own face.

To kill Kass all you have to do is two things.
Stay close together (he picks off strays like nobody's business) my favorite fights with kass are in the river cause people spread out ;D.
Focus him (one 2 sec stun/taunt/snare is normally enough time to burst his 2k health)

slowmanrunning

12-16-2010

cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

seems to be the general response.

so how do you kill a kass who has cleanse?

ImIndustructible

12-16-2010

From OP what I see is not Kass is OP, it is you just don't know how to kill him, as you closed the gank with a pure caster with no disable.
Kass is melee range glass cannon which can repetitively flash in and out. He is vulnerable between flashes. The best counter is not constant disables (where he is refreshing his CD during the disables), but 1 stun/taunt/silence & a Yi-like carry can shut him down so easily.

Murfle

12-16-2010

I like it how Shaco got nerfed so hard he needs to play completely differently and now people are pointing fingers at Kass because he does pretty much the same thing. Comes out of nowhere and bursts.

Here's a crazy idea: Maybe its not the champ thats broken... maybe its just idiots overextending everywhere and allowing the snowballing champs to snowball. Feed that mid LeBlanc. Overextend when there's a jungling Evelyn or Akali. Whine on the forum when in the endgame the burst assassin has 20 stacks and you're all dropping like flies.

Facts to help you when fighting him.

- Kass burns mana really really fast.
- Kass cant Riftwalk when CC-d.
- Kass will go for ganks when he hits 6/7
- Kass isn't on the minimap? Turret hug.
- Kass cant do anything for a good 4 seconds after he bursts, and the burst that follows is half of the initial one.
- Kass cant build all of these - HP, AP and MP.
If hes going for catalyst hes not gonna have damage.
If hes going for tear hes not gonna have survivability.
if hes going for AP hes gonna be able to do one burst then go home.

Kassadin has it harder than you might think. It takes a bit of luck and cunning to get over the initial hump. Don't give him the early kills and he WILL be useless and beyond his silence - a wasted slot... but feed him... and you might have to surrender at 25.

BatZera

12-16-2010

Kass is my main. I go scores like 30/0 on a regular basis. From someone who plays him so much, the things that get me is a stun/disable combined with a major burst. If you can't silence/disable him or kill him on your first shot, he's going to burst YOU which ends in horrible, horrible death.

ssuubu

12-16-2010

Banshees or quicksilver and take a cleanse and all that cc is useless :S

donkrx

12-16-2010

Alright first of all he is not easy to deal with when he has cleanse... basically you have to keep an eye on him at all times, CC when you can and watch your positioning! Soo many people don't adjust their positioning and it just lets me own.

A lot of common sense can help deal with him if he's doing well:
- don't go into jungle alone
- if you are squishy stay far away from kass
- when kass ults into a fight CC him immediately or focus him down. If he walks into a fight then try to keep him from doing damage before he ults away.
- harass a lot early or tell the tank to. If you can get him to half HP he will have to last hit with q and this will make him oom.
- mejais SS is not a good item on kass against solid players. If he takes this, deny him kills early on and he will become gradually more and more useless as time goes on. If you feed a SS kass you are bad.
- VERY important: stack MR if he starts out strong! This can seriously reduce his effectiveness.
- chain CC is great on him and is usually the reason for my death. If he's doing well, have your team CC him 2-3 times if running cleanse, otherwise you really just need one good stun and an aware team.

I play him a lot but don't think he's op. Against good teams or just CC heavy ones, he's not that great. Still good; not op.

donkrx

12-16-2010

And the dude that said he's goes 30-0 with him all the time - sorry no you don't please stfu.