Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So, let's talk about Kassadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dyonos

12-15-2010

Ok, I checked the first five or so pages and couldn't find a single thread about him, so I figured I'd make one. First things first:

This is not a QQ thread.

This is an advice/discussion thread. In the past couple of games I've been playing, I have seen a lot of Kass. The bigger thing is, I have seen a lot of Kass dominating. I know the whole thing "acquire disable, disregard assassin", but the thing is, even with disables I can just never seem to kill him with my team.

Case in point: Had a game with a Xin and Urgot on my team. Kass is out alone in our jungle, myself and Mundo go to flush him out. Get him to ult straight into Xin and Urgot. Urgot swaps him, then Xin dashes and knocks him up. while this is happening, Mundo and I are moving to get to him, while Vladmire goes to cover the obvious escape. After he gets swapped, he ults once, after he gets knocked up, he ults again. As Vlad moves in for the kill, he gets silenced, slowed, and Kass easily ults for a third time, safely escaping into their forest.

Anecdotal evidence aside, Kass is the hero I see Mejai's on the most (besides, perhaps, Karthus), simply because he has such godly survivability with one or two minor health items. He is almost impossible to run from, and has a silence to boot. To compare him to some other assassins:

Akali:
-She can dash up to three times, only hostile targets, with a 1.5 second CD I believe
-Defensive/sort of slowing CD, Smokescreen (can be negated by oracles)
-No form of CC, only slow tied to escape mechanism

Eve:
-Only approach is stealth (negated by oracles)
-Stun on a 12 sec CD (lengthened under attack)
-Heal and 30% speed boost on nearby hero kill

Poppy:
-25% Speed boost 12 second cooldown
-8 Second CD charge attack (stun if near wall)
-Situational immunity/damage boost ult

Obviously, Kass is the most mobile assassin in the game, with built in slow and silence. So, I ask you, do you think his ult is too short? Perhaps a bigger penalty than increased mana cost on repeat casting? Is there some strat I'm missing that is effective for dealing with him? I'd like opinions from both Kass players and people who fight him, if possible.

Tl;dr: Kass's ult too strong? How to beat him?

King Kend

12-15-2010

Your whole team couldn't kill him?
Errrrrr

ElConquistadork

12-15-2010

Silence?

RogerTheShrubber

12-15-2010

Silence/Stun/Taunt

gliitch

12-15-2010

Kass can not do ANNNNNYYYYTHING without being fed. To defeat him, you stop this. Well no ****, right? What i mean is, dont be nubs, and overextend to where you cant safely escape from him. This stops his kills, which for most kassadin's this would be enough. However, laaate game, if hes farmed and CSed enough, than hes still a threat, so what to do? Simply put, control your lane. Its hard for him to last hit creeps, unless he was to Q them. Meaning, if youre capable of keeping his melee from the creep, and all u have to deal with is his last hitting silence, than how do you stop him? Once he Q's to LH creep, thats when you spam your spell(s) on him. Not hard to counter a kass, they HAVE to be fed to be good, and well than, theyre godly.

HardStyl3

12-15-2010

stun lock him adn silence dont just blow all cc at once on him needs to be timed.

Dyonos

12-15-2010

The problem with using timed sequential CC on him is during a team fight, if you are all spacing out your CC on one person, its hard to deal with the enemy carries, support, etc. On the other hand, if you CC him once/focus him, he will ult out, once again leaving your team to the mercy of the enemy carry.

That's the problem I have with him. I know he has to be fed to really blow up squishies, but his risk/reward ratio just seems a bit...off.

YOUR FAMlLY

12-15-2010

I have to say from my experiences with Kass, with common sense you could easily never die.
Even if your early game is bad, Kassadin is one of the few champions that can recover to become godlike mid/end game.

DoctorAlanGrant

12-15-2010

if three of you attack him as soon as he pokes his head in a team fight then he goes down pretty hard. Also remember that when he ults in he has no escape mechanisms for a few seconds (4 without cdr at level3, 6 at level 1), so cc him right before his ult is back up. Veigar is a great counter kassadin as well especially with his recent buffs

Lestaroth

12-15-2010

Kassadin usually has no defense so you can kill him easily, any stun and kass is done.
Pantheon, Sion, Annie and A LOT of champs can eat kassadin at breakfast because he is very squishie and can't fight against any tank champ.

He is good in solo games because people just choose some squishy carry and lock on, Kass is good against this kind of character so you can become a god between noobs and a overfeeded champ can do a lot of amazing things.

He has mobility and average damage (if you look even annie is more powerfull, she has a incredible burst damage with Stun and summon a bear to increase the deadly factor) and can fight well in team fights.

BTW Kass is the WORST champ in the early game, you need too much money to play well and he is a meele champ (wtf) so it's very hard to last hit anything, playing ranked matchs with him is exhausting.

TL;DR: Just taunt, stun, ignite, silence, focus, ensnare or a simply burst damage and you can beat him.

To be honest he is very well balanced and maybe need some minor buff because his W skill is simply useless (really), some shield instead that would be very nice.