Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Irelia's still clunky

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fiulle

12-15-2010

Every once in awhile I forget why I stopped playing Irelia and i pick her up again. Then I quickly remember why: Her q->e rarely ever works and her attack animation is atrocious. So I come to rant and beg once again for someone at Riot to at least let the **** melee do what she's supposed to: melee.
To be more specific, a 7/0 pantheon just dropped our malz but malz took him down to 200 hp. Me being Irelia was thinking he'd be an easy kill, seeing as how he was all alone, and about to walk into the range of my q. So I q->e as fast as my little fingers let me only to have pantheon continue running at full speed (now away from me). "Ok no biggie I'm used to e not going off, he's at 50 health now at least" I said to myself, but for the life of me I couldn't get Irelia to attack the guy. 4 Seconds later his team shows up of course and kills me. And the best part was that I had tier 2 boots while he had tier 1 (and yes I had movement speed in utitliy too).

So please please make Irelia capable of killing a 200 health pantheon with lower movement speed than her. Even without fixing q->e, how can the girl not just auto-attack him dead when she has way higher movement speed than him? I remember people complaining about her horrible attack animation when she first came out, I'd just like to remind whoever's out there that she's still really frustrating to play, because whenever your target runs away from you your damage can go anywhere from "still ok" to zero. That panth example was one of the more extreme cases, but they happen way too often with irelia.
Until then I'm going back to Trundle!

DoctorAlanGrant

12-15-2010

i totally agree, i think she's really well balanced, just really buggy and her attack animation is horrible (especially considering she has floating mind controlled weapons)

Erenia

12-17-2010

My Q->E hit about 90% of the times I intend em to and 99% of the times when I get frozen mallet.
I guess my 7.5% extra move from glyphs and masteries help.

I played her all the time from her release --> Trundle release. 90% of the games. I have never had any real issue about her autoattacks or the Q-->E combo.