Let's use Trinkets to buff Viktor

1234511 ... 34
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zirconium

10-25-2013

So with the addition of a forced, non-invasive, and additional item slot (Trinkets), all of our champions are given free utility by means of sweeping, warding, or mini-CV. Viktor is already listed as a mage/support, although that doesn't mean people will primarily be playing him as a support like Zyra.

Many people already argue that the Hex Core is invasive to his full-item build and hampers his late-game more than it strengthens his early-game. My idea would be to utilize the Trinket slot for Viktor's unique gameplay (and maybe Xerath's in the near-future with the new AP Xerath items), and incorporate his existing Hex Core into this slot.

This can be tuned based on power-level, but essentially, instead of Trinkets, Viktor would have his Hex Core in the aforementioned 7th slot (or just strengthened defensive/offensive trinkets). Either there would be specific Trinkets made for Viktor (the pre-existing Trinkets would gain additional actives based on the bonuses his Hex Core's give) or his existing Hex Cores would be given the certain Trinket actives, such as Augment: Gravity giving you access to the mini-CV, or the specific ability to be able to purchase a certain Augment and choose which Trinket utility to put on it.

So for example:

Totemic Trinket of Power (would utilize the 7th slot)

UNIQUE PASSIVE: +3 ability power per level (as I said, any of these values could be changed based on how strong Viktor would be with the ability to get an additional item; or the damage/shield values of his actual abilities)

UNIQUE PASSIVE: +220 health and +6 health regeneration per 5 seconds. Also, Power Transfer increases Viktor's movement speed by 30% for 3 seconds.

UNIQUE ACTIVE: Allows Viktor to place a stealth ward for '[x amount of time]'

...and so forth with the remaining Hex Cores and Trinkets. This would allow a Viktor player to customize their 7th item slot to have 9 different possibilities, thus enabling said player to not only attain an 'actual' 6-item build as Viktor, but would actually amplify Viktor's ability to be a support because it would give him the pre-existing bonuses of his Hex Cores whilst giving the additional utility of Trinkets.

Thoughts(would love to hear from Rioters as well!)?

Zirconium

10-25-2013

bump

Lucid1llusion

10-25-2013

repost on this page for feedback:

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...rious&page=359

deathmaster500

10-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by itslikekirpan View Post
So with the addition of a forced, non-invasive, and additional item slot(Trinkets), all of our champions are given free utility by means of sweeping, warding, or mini-CV. Viktor is already listed as a mage/support, although that doesn't mean people will primarily be playing him as a support like Zyra.

Many people already argue that the Hex Core is invasive to his full-item build and hampers his late-game more than it strengthens his early-game. My idea would be to utilize the Trinket slot for Viktor's unique gameplay (and maybe Xerath's in the near-future with the new AP Xerath items), and incorporate his existing Hex Core into this slot.

This can be tuned based on power-level, but essentially, instead of Trinkets, Viktor would have his Hex Core in the aforementioned 7th slot (or just strengthened defensive/offensive trinknets). Either there would be specific Trinkets made for Viktor (the pre-existing Trinkets would gain additional actives based on the bonuses his Hex Core's give) or his existing Hex Cores would be given the certain Trinket actives, such as Augment: Gravity giving you access to the mini-CV, or the specific ability to be able to purchase a certain Augment and choose which Trinket utility to put on it.

So for example:

Totemic Trinket of Power (would utilize the 7th slot)

UNIQUE PASSIVE: +3 ability power per level (as I said, any of these values could be changed based on how strong Viktor would be with the ability to get an additional item; or the damage/shield values of his actual abilities)

UNIQUE PASSIVE: +220 health and +6 health regeneration per 5 seconds. Also, Power Transfer increases Viktor's movement speed by 30% for 3 seconds.

UNIQUE ACTIVE: Allows Viktor to place a stealth ward for '[x amount of time]'

...and so forth with the remaining Hex Cores and Trinkets. This would allow a Viktor player to customize their 7th item slot to have 9 different possibilities, thus enabling said player to not only attain an 'actual' 6-item build as Viktor, but would actually amplify Viktor's ability to be a support because it would give him the pre-existing bonuses of his Hex Cores whilst giving the additional utility of Trinkets.

Thoughts?

great idea! wish i could upvote, but for some reason my computers upvote button wont work. But seriously, good idea. Hope this thread gets a red response

Zodai

10-25-2013

This actually sounds pretty good!

Nabonidus

10-25-2013

Frankly, as good an idea as this is, I'd be concerned this would get him QQ, because people would say he has an unfair advantage over other mids: He'd be the only one who could build his 7th item with stats.

The Anagram King

10-25-2013

Personally, I'd adore if Viktor had his own unique inventory from the very get go; a set of augments and items that he could enhance and adjust at his own pleasure.

He'd enhance his dermal plating (or whatever he uses) to buff his HP and armour; he'd augment his shield, so as to raise his mag resist; he'd optimise hid death augment, to maximise his ap and magic pen; he'd customise his hydraulics, to raise his movement speed, etc, etc, etc.

Then he'd have the option of purchasing additional effects for his abilities.

Instead of a character that must 'buy this item', he'd have his own pre-set inventory, with (potentially) intense enhancement capabilities. The numbers in this way could allow some rather significant late-game potential, but increase in cost as you further and further augment yourself.

Viktor falling off late game? Puh-lease - everyone *else* should be falling off late game, while he augments himself to infinite potential.

That'd be nifty, I think. Never got why *the* epitome of innovation and adaptability was thrown under the bus due to low customisation options. :P

Zirconium

10-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabonidus View Post
Frankly, as good an idea as this is, I'd be concerned this would get him QQ, because people would say he has an unfair advantage over other mids: He'd be the only one who could build his 7th item with stats.
Of course, because he'd not only be able to have a 'normal' 6-item build like everyone else, but a 7TH! one at that (which would most likely be used primarily for offensive purposes, because of the huge boost of strength you actually get from Augment: Death).

Like I said though, they'd most likely have to fine-tune his damage output to actually scale with the potential of having 7 'build-worthy' items, so he'd probably be weaker early and then much stronger late. His ratios may be bad if they tune them down, but the 7th item would certainly make up for that, and it'd leave a lot of room for things like an exceptional AP tank. This is because you could not only build 5AP and 1DEF item like a Zhonyas (this could also be offensive), but you could also get the boost from the defensive trinket (another defensive item, so you'd have 5AP 2DEF, or whatever mix).

OR, you could build support items along with the defensive trinket, or a hybrid support.

Either way, I feel this would be very promising (with the appropriate amount of tuning, of course).

Zirconium

10-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anagram King View Post
Personally, I'd adore if Viktor had his own unique inventory from the very get go; a set of augments and items that he could enhance and adjust at his own pleasure.

He'd enhance his dermal plating (or whatever he uses) to buff his HP and armour; he'd augment his shield, so as to raise his mag resist; he'd optimise hid death augment, to maximise his ap and magic pen; he'd customise his hydraulics, to raise his movement speed, etc, etc, etc.

Then he'd have the option of purchasing additional effects for his abilities.

Instead of a character that must 'buy this item', he'd have his own pre-set inventory, with (potentially) intense enhancement capabilities. The numbers in this way could allow some rather significant late-game potential, but increase in cost as you further and further augment yourself.

Viktor falling off late game? Puh-lease - everyone *else* should be falling off late game, while he augments himself to infinite potential.

That'd be nifty, I think. Never got why *the* epitome of innovation and adaptability was thrown under the bus due to low customisation options. :P
I would absolutely love something like this. Although, realistically it might be a bit resource/time-intensive for Riot. If they want to make this into a quality project with tons of different customization options, they'd certainly have to do a lot of work. This would probably hinder work on another champion, although this would essentially be a new champion in itself because the majority of the player-base doesn't play Viktor (a lot of people probably never have).

Zirconium

10-25-2013

bump

1234511 ... 34