Season 4: Lux Support OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

relevantex

10-24-2013

Calling it now. Archive this ****

Build: Sightstone Boots AP AP AP AP

XSparkleFistX

10-24-2013

...I feel like people have already done that in S3. lol. Besides, it's only good IF she builds AP which means KSing your ADC.

And TBH, two APC and an underfed ADC spells disaster late game.

relevantex

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSparkleFistX View Post
...I feel like people have already done that in S3. lol. Besides, it's only good IF she builds AP which means KSing your ADC.

And TBH, two APC and an underfed ADC spells disaster late game.
She won't have to KS the ADC. With the S4 changes she'll actually get to buy AP items, plus her E grants vision which will be vital in the ensuing vision war.

King Reedwise

10-24-2013

can silver people please stop talking about "ksing"

you are like, autistic mechanically. and not in the good way.

Cafe Restoran

10-24-2013

It's as if you've never read any of the posts regarding S4...

They specifically said a bunch of times they had changes planned to prevent APC mages overthrowing dedicated supports on the support role. Which probably means something like, to get the gold the support would be getting, you probably need to Support-- for example buying items that would render your supporting abilities, like CC, more effective, and also giving you some form of semi-passive gold gain.

Mages are supposed to be viable supports in S4, but I'm pretty sure they won't just function as APCs.

Blaine Tog

10-24-2013

Lux with a dash of AP isn't a killer. She needs to get ahead of the damage/defense curve and she's just not going to be able to do that with anything less than lane income. So you'll probably be able to go AP Lux support, but it won't be OP and you WILL be giving up stronger support abilities.

HookedOnKronix

01-07-2014

I've had a lot of fun with Lux support in the past couple of days. Some bot match ups don't know how to respond to a mage support with high burst making their presence feel OP in that lane. There are ways to respond to Lux and I think it just underlines the point that bot lane is very dynamic and you should never expect the lane to feel the same against any and all match ups.

And if you're a support building AP heavy you're most likely hurting your team. This is for a couple of reasons. 1) As a support your masteries and runes should be based on the idea that your supporting someone in lane. Utility spec'd mages will never feel as strong as someone built offensive. 2) Your items should reflect your rate of income and as a support you more than likely will not be able to afford the high ticket APC items. The hybrid builds for a mixture of AP and utility items will really make Lux feel OP when her entire team walks away from an engagement after multiple shields and a Iron Solari activation.

I will agree to your point that mage supports can be really strong but to call them broken is a stretch.