Long time Morde player at a loss of what to do

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deth Jester

12-31-2010

My old build looked something like this:

sheild and pot
sorc shoes
Randy's
zhonya's and abyssal (order depending on situation)
rylais
situational/luxery items items (GA, Lichmbane, Tome, mejais if im really winning)

9/0/21

mpen/heathregen/cdr per lvl/ flat health.

buy wards and blue elixers when possible.

This build used to work really well, but now due to the nerfs I cannot get it off the ground fast enough.

Solutions?

Mordkai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2010

I tend to build Morde tank, otherwise you die too fast

Masteries i go 3/19/8
The three points in the offense tree are only in Archmage's Savvy
The points in the defense tree are Mender's Faith, Resistance, Hardiness, Evasion, Nimbleness, Veteran's Scars and Ardor
The points in the Utility Tree are Perserverance, Haste and Awareness

With the summoner spells are Heal and Ghost

Items i usually get are
MPen boots
Warmog's Armor
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Hextech Gunblade
Frozen Mallet
Atma's Impaler

but you can change the boots you get depending on the situation, but thats how i normally place him and i tend to win more than i lose, if you find anything that works better feel free to let me know ^_^

Resilga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2011

There are tons of morde builds that work and the only way you can do it right is if you build against your enemy. his flexibility is his biggest strength. for example I was against a fed akali not too long ago and my best build against her was ryali AND frozen mallet, speed 3 boots, randuin's omen, abyssal scepter and FoN. It worked perfectly and we turned the whole game around.

Just one example. I've tried (I think) every build within a certain range of reason and I think you need to do that yourself. Everyone who has ever played morde even once thinks they are the end-all messiah to how he should be properly played and that attitude annoys me. There are definitely great things to build on him situationally and there are builds that work more often than others regardless of your enemy but even still I think it is simply smarter and more fun to build based on your situation.

He takes a teeny bit more finesse than he used to in order to play very well (against an intelligent team) but he is still by and far one of the easier champs to play and his playstyle even teaches you some pretty bad habits so don't play only him if you can help it.

- 300 wins with mordekaiser here. Just my two cents.

MsLiri

01-01-2011

Ive just started playing mord myself, and i definately find a tanky build works much better than AP. my items usually switch around, but i almost always get a FoN early, just for the regen, allows me to spam my spells with no concern for the health aspects. other than that, i itemize for their damage, while throwing in a Frozen Mallet, or a Rylais, both a couple of times, but i havnt decided if that was overkill. abyssal sceptor twards the mid/end of the game. i havnt decided what CDR items work best with mord though.

overall a very fun champ to play, and am having a blast with him.

Traumex

01-01-2011

You don't play Morde anymore. His early game is a joke. His new shield is a joke. I mean come on! A completely full shield is entirely gone before the next creep wave arrives. Morde has been reduced to a big metal punching bag.

If I were you, I would find a new main... for now. This game runs in cycles, so the great Mordekaiser will be back... eventually

Redenbacher

01-01-2011

Mordekaiser is not dead, you just have to play far more cautiously with him than you used to, early game. He scales through the game better now, and can still achieve the same effectiveness, even more so, once he's farmed and leveled a bit.

Just because you can't stand in the middle of a creep wave, and untouchably farm your face off, does not mean you're not viable. I do consider Mordekaiser my main.

All of that said, I do believe the 5% decay increase was excessive, considering it was in addition to a now scaling shield generation.

The biggest problem I see with Mordekaisers now, is they don't compensate for his early game weakness. They rush FoN, which is a horrible item to rush on any champion. I personally found an early Kindlegem to be fairly valuable, but the point being that you need some HP and CDR earlier now. Randuin's Omen nerf also hurt, but it and Warden's Mail value to Mordekaiser has not changed. Again, adaptation and flexibility is Mordekaiser's key strength.

Also, I still think bead +6 pots is a much stronger starting set over Shield + pot. Having 1200 extra HP at your disposal is important to keep your farm up over a meager amount of hp regeneration and some health.

I'm also experimenting with new skill builds, since the generation nerfs and Siphon nerfs, I'm trying to determine if leveling Mace over Siphon is more effective at maintaining shield early game, for it's short cooldown. I still retain that W is incredibly important no matter which other skill you choose.