Jungle yi builds anyone?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dimensionist

12-30-2010

so lately I've been getting into jungle yi (thanks to stonewall's jungle yi video <3) I've had some pretty good games with him so far.

masteries 21/0/9

armor pen red runes
Attack speed quints
flat armor yellows
attack speed blue runes

are these still the ideal runes and masteries?

now I rush lantern etc. What do you normally build after lantern? I've been going a double zeal or single phantom dancer since without it I feel like I'm too slow, can't catch up, or runaway when necessary, plus the crit and attack speed always helps. (I'll usually build boots 1 for the extra movespeed and sell it late game once I have two phantom dancers.) Then I go for infinity edge or bloodthirster depending on the situation.

lantern > two zeals/1 phantom dancer > boots 1 > bloodthirster or IE > 2nd PD (sell boots 1)

Is there a different build I should be aiming for or is this pretty solid?

Also since none of my runes and masteries are geared towards mana regen, what do you do past the jungling stage where you no longer have blue buff and are running oom?

Any other suggestions for jungling yi?

CudgeltheClever

12-30-2010

never ever sell boots 1
upgrade them

Dimensionist

12-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CudgeltheClever View Post
never ever sell boots 1
upgrade them
Why take up an item slot if you don't have to? two phantom dancers provide quite the movespeed not to mention I can always build a triforce or yet another PD if i really needed more movespeed. I don't see a reason for boots to take up an item slot if it's not needed.

Carados

12-30-2010

Why the hell are you stacking Phantom Dancers?

Actually why the hell are you buying a single Phantom Dancer?

Repeat that question again.

seajaydub

12-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Why the hell are you stacking Phantom Dancers?

Actually why the hell are you buying a single Phantom Dancer?

Repeat that question again.
Because Yi's passive scales with attack speed LOLOLOLOLOL /sarcasm

Cenerae

12-30-2010

I find your lack of a Ghostblade disturbing.

Also - champs that have baked in giant AS steroids like Yi don't need much attack speed. One phantom dancer is too many. Two is just silly. Implying that he needs the movespeed bonus from the phantom dancer is implying that you have a hard time chasing people down with Highlander.

Afraa

12-31-2010

two phantoms are viable with the right build don't listen to these jokers

i'd much rather have another item that has a but load of stats compared to boots if i can afford it
that is the key though if you can afford it

also move speed is no joke it wins games far more then people want to admit
everytime your on a,b,c slow character and can't escape a gank or can't target the carry in a team fight cause your to slow you are hurting the team

finaly on jungle yi the movespeed will realy help with ganks and completely dominating the map when your top and run clear bot after you see a teamfight break out that movespeed might get your there in time to do something instead of just in time to save your tower after 2or more teamates died

yi and pantheon have the fastest starting speed if you learn to abuse it with the correct items it realy makes a difference especialy since they slowed down alot of the ranged carries

willbur1984

12-31-2010

All the movespeed in the world won't help you if you don't deal any damage. Wriggles -> Boots 1 -> Brutalizer into Ghostblade -> Boots 2 (usually merc treads) -> Infinity Edge -> Banshees -> Whatever you feel like (usually I end up getting a guardian angel).

Yi has one of the best movespeed/attackspeed steroids in the game. You shouldn't have trouble catching people for ganks coming out of the jungle with both buffs (or at the very least, lizard).

Dimensionist

12-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afraa View Post
two phantoms are viable with the right build don't listen to these jokers

i'd much rather have another item that has a but load of stats compared to boots if i can afford it
that is the key though if you can afford it

also move speed is no joke it wins games far more then people want to admit
everytime your on a,b,c slow character and can't escape a gank or can't target the carry in a team fight cause your to slow you are hurting the team

finaly on jungle yi the movespeed will realy help with ganks and completely dominating the map when your top and run clear bot after you see a teamfight break out that movespeed might get your there in time to do something instead of just in time to save your tower after 2or more teamates died

yi and pantheon have the fastest starting speed if you learn to abuse it with the correct items it realy makes a difference especialy since they slowed down alot of the ranged carries
I'm pretty much thinking along these same lines, yet you got downvoted.

as far as the zeals/pds are concerned

Movespeed helps with superior map control, if I want to hop between lanes I can, if I need to dart accross the map quickly to cleanup a teamfight I can. Highlander is not always up and it's not always enough. Not to mention it does give attack speed and crit chance both increase DPS especially on master yi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbur1984 View Post
All the movespeed in the world won't help you if you don't deal any damage. Wriggles -> Boots 1 -> Brutalizer into Ghostblade -> Boots 2 (usually merc treads) -> Infinity Edge -> Banshees -> Whatever you feel like (usually I end up getting a guardian angel).

Yi has one of the best movespeed/attackspeed steroids in the game. You shouldn't have trouble catching people for ganks coming out of the jungle with both buffs (or at the very least, lizard).
All the attack damage in the world won't help you if you can't get to the enemy's carry, if you can't stick to the enemy's carry or getaway whenever necessary, or to cleanup a teamfight when you're on the otherside of the map. Highlander may not always be available not to mention you want to use highlander towards the start of the fight not on the way to the fight from accross the map.

Also in between wriggle's damage, and Yi's attack damage steroid we're looking at well over a bf sword's worth of damage, some nice crit and attack speed to go with it isn't bad.

Afraa

12-31-2010

your exactly right just keep in mind you have to be able to afford it first and you have to balance it with damage. If both those apply to your game no reason not to get two phantoms or phantom triforce instead of boots.