Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

My problem with the max 3 ward limit per person

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coolmankimo

Recruiter

10-24-2013

Although this encourages the rest of the team to buy wards, this causes a huge problem late game when you need wards the most. If everybody on the team is full build (or almost full build) they can't place any wards. But since the support normally is never full build or even close. They buy wards to ward the map. But since the max they can put down is 3, thats maybe dragon, baron, and blue buff. It takes vision away almost completely. I just feel that this ward change wasn't completely thought out. but then again i could just be missing something, and if i am please explain .

RESOverlord

10-24-2013

It's a compromise of ideas, really. You don't want the support to be the only one having to buy wards, because being a ward mule isn't fun and not many people like that gameplay. Yes, you do lose the ability to ward more objectives, but that's a tradeoff; you have to take the bad with the good.

Sevenix

Adjudicator

10-24-2013

You mention people with full inventory but you have to remember that we got hints about an additional Ward Specific itemslot.

Running out of inventory to place wards would suck and I definitely think it's been considered.

Dracobalt

Recruiter

10-24-2013

Quote:
Sevenix:
You mention people with full inventory but you have to remember that we got hints about an additional Ward Specific itemslot.

Running out of inventory to place wards would suck and I definitely think it's been considered.

^ I had forgotten that I read something about this before...forget where here lol maybe news?
should toss a link here just so we can all read
I do remember seeing something about changes to wards. If there was a special slot for wards then this would also help the "supports" from getting the "I have full build and can't buy wards! go ward [insert random area here]" lol I see "supports" sometimes running around jungle alone or with little company trying to ward places because most people already have 6 items and can't place wards(even if they had before they had 6 items).

DarkflameShyvana

10-24-2013

There's also the new 'Trinket' items that we don't know much about, except that they're vision related.

Huulem

10-24-2013

Something you may have overlooked because people are buying those wards (hopefully) consistently over the course of the game it will cause less gold to be funneled purely into their build and will take a bit longer to actually reach full build. (It will also allow support players to be closer to a full build.)

Edit: Although as Sightstone wards count to the maximum, I'm curious to see what they do with this item in the future.

Irelia Bot

10-24-2013

The general goal of this change was to make vision of the map a team effort instead of a single players duty.

If a single player can only have 4 forms of vision on the map that they placed then anoy other viosion that is needed will have to come from another source.

Overall it is an attempt to make supports able to provide more for their team in fights instead of jsut having Sightstone GP10 and sometimes a locket. Have yo ever had to deal with AP janna tornadoes? Those things can hurt when they come from an AP janna.

If anything this whole change will make supports a more respected role at lower levels of play while providing a fair amount of impact in other ways for higher skill levels.