Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Just need to vent

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gunhaver

10-29-2013

Yup, the mmr is broken. It's not just gold and plat solo queue, it's gold and plat teams beating on bronze scrubs like us. No fun for anybody. Here's one of our bronze 1 team vs a plat 5

bronzevplat.jpg

Soul of Infirc

10-29-2013

WHy do you riftards* can never understand stupidly simple concepts like that every queue has its own individual rating even though all the people that obviously knows more about the other modes than you keep explaining it to you?,

let me explain it with sticks and stones so that you can understand, when you create an account and login for the first time you are asked if you are a beginner, medium experienced or veteran rts player, are you still with me?, ok so depending on what you choose it will set your MMr for normal blind pick summonner rift games. DOminion and twisted treeline aren't taken in account on this question so your MMr for them will default at 1200 Ranked also defaults to 1200 because in the past MMR was called ELO and your tier was defined by the number of Elo itself so giving advantages to people was immoral.
there's no way to get this information nowadays but in the past there were three programs called, Jabebot, lolnotes and lol matches that allowed people to se etheir hidden account information due to a security oversight google will help you with whatever you want to know about any of those three, look i know youa re a riftard but i can only explain so much.(unranked queues for the same map share mmr), Ranked teams MMR alsod efaults to 1200 at the time theya re created (yes, placements mean **** they'd default anyways).
So let's take a level 1 account that has chosen Veteran as his option.
His Mmr would look like this:
Normal blind/draft pick summonner's rift MMr=1400
Normal blind Twisted treeline MMR=1200
Normal blind/draft DOminion=1200
Aram mmr=1200
Ranked Draft solo queue summonner's rift=1200
Let's say this guy Only played summonners rift during his first year and went negative (more loses than wins), then dropped normals in favor of ranked and eventually got better reached Platinum without playing a single normal game during that period, after those 3 years he gets interested in TT and creates a 3s team with other platinum friends he met in solo queue; his MMr information would look like this:
Normal blind/draft summonner's rift: 800
Normal Blind twisted treeline: 1200
Normal blind/draft Dominion: 1200
Ranked draft solo queue summonner's rift: 1800
ARAM MMR=1200
Ranked 3v3 Teams=1200

This is done because despite what you riftards think, Summonner's rift meta is not supreme, different maps require different strategies, lines of thinking and thought processess, this may also lead to wildly varying champion picks between maps. for example did you know that before season 2 Mundo buffs Mundo and Shyvana were kings of the jungle in twisted treeline yet a troll picks on Sr?, hell do you even know that jungling in TT is viable and recommended or do yous tillt hink it's trolling? or that despite thresh being powerfull in summonner's rift he's literally the weakest pick in Dominion?. This separated quue system is made so that players that know nothing about a map i particular go around ruining high MMR games from players that actually invest their time in them. SO let's go back to the example the palt player that creates a team with friends to play TT, theys tart at 1200 MMR yet know nothing about the map, think jungle is trolling stack their teams with ad bruisers and do other not recommended things thats eem like a good diea at first,yes their chore emchanics may be enough to take them to silver 1 or gold V, but that's just a possibility because if they keep thinking that TT is Sr or seeing it their way they won't progress further, suming it up, your raiting in summonner's rift means nothing in stuff tat's not summonner's rift.
*IMPORTANT; EXPLANATION of TERM RIFTARD A.K.A IT DOESN'T APPLY TO EVERY SR PLAYER This is a term i came when i failed to describe an acquantiance, a Riftard is a summonner's rift player with a very bad attittude towards other modes,, many riftards fall under the "challenger palyer stuck in bronze elo" fat lie but they're not limited to it, a riftard is a player that thinks that every aspect of Sr reigns supreme, even the Meta and tries to enforce the Sr meta at every chance he has no matter the map his thought process is limited and always the same, He looks down on other maps, is probably here trying to get "easy" gold because he couldn't get it in yolo queue and seems to be deaf and air-headed because when soemthing outside of his knowledge field is explained to him he'll procceed to deny it and compare everything to Sr solo queue or the pro Sr scene thanks to his limited vision of how the game actually works, for the riftard what he says is undeniable and everyone else is wrong at his eyes, Riftards are more propense to rage and whine, Normal and nice Sr players often have to deal wih riftards since they sahre the same map of interest, a riftard is also probably trying to lolking me at this very moment and writing an angry response demanding me to post on my real account without even taking in account that my main account is in another server,.

COngratulations riftards, you made someone translate a stupidly simple concept in a wall of text so that you could understand it.

Gunhaver

10-29-2013

Well, you still missed the point meatball. It's amazing that you can type so much and clearly can't read. Look at the teams we played. The TEAMS are ranked in gold and plat, our team was bronze. This has zero to do with their sr ranks and 100% to do with the TEAM. Look at my screenshots, it's a platinum 5 team tinypen15s that my bronze 1 team got thrown against. Here it is plain as day. I don't know how it could be simpler.

You can call someone a riftard all you want if that makes you feel awesome, or you could look at the facts. Something is wrong with the system as it stands.

tp15s.jpg

Soul of Infirc

10-30-2013

Quote:
xxGunhaveRxx:
Well, you still missed the point meatball. It's amazing that you can type so much and clearly can't read. Look at the teams we played. The TEAMS are ranked in gold and plat, our team was bronze. This has zero to do with their sr ranks and 100% to do with the TEAM. Look at my screenshots, it's a platinum 5 team tinypen15s that my bronze 1 team got thrown against. Here it is plain as day. I don't know how it could be simpler.

You can call someone a riftard all you want if that makes you feel awesome, or you could look at the facts. Something is wrong with the system as it stands.

:O i apologize then i had only seen the image where you show your team's match history, that's a problem with population rather than matchmaking , still a problem though. well if there are 3 gold teams 4 Platinum teams and 1 bronze team queing the bronze team is bound to be matched with either the golds or the plats, mos tlikely the gold team otherwise your queues would go forever, the only way to fix a situation like that is getting a ton more players creating teams and queing for it or politely asking the higher elos at what hours do they queu and then Not queueing at that hour.

Gunhaver

10-30-2013

Quote:
Soul of Infirc:
:O i apologize then i had only seen the image where you show your team's match history, that's a problem with population rather than matchmaking , still a problem though. well if there are 3 gold teams 4 Platinum teams and 1 bronze team queing the bronze team is bound to be matched with either the golds or the plats, mos tlikely the gold team otherwise your queues would go forever, the only way to fix a situation like that is getting a ton more players creating teams and queing for it or politely asking the higher elos at what hours do they queu and then Not queueing at that hour.

Thank you! I appreciate you taking a look there. Yeah it's BRUTAL when that nonsense happens. I am fine playing silver teams, we can generally hold our own, but plat and gold just eat our lunch. Thanks for being reasonable.

Vivek92

10-31-2013

Its entirely possible if you're facing a Plat V team that their MMR is at your level (because you don't drop leagues) which MAYBE why you are facing them. Also that second pic Gunhaven posted, you didn't lose that game because they were plat their comp was SEVERAL TIMES better than yours (I don't mean this in an insulting way, I'm just saying that in 3s comp is a MUCH bigger factor and theirs is just better)

Rabbitsuit

10-31-2013

Yeah, there's a large range of players you can end up against in 3s. Although the lowest I've encountered so far was a Silver I team in their promo to gold, I've been matched up against more challenger teams than silver.

It's not the best of systems, hell, I was up against a former challenger in 5s yesterday (and won by a landslide), but you can look on the bright side and see it as a way to improve. See what they're doing and you're not and attempt to better your team as a whole.

Or you could just get mad at Riot because 3v3 isn't a popular game mode.

The latter won't accomplish much, but venting is always good for stress relieve.
Just don't expect much sympathy for it.

Gunhaver

11-01-2013

I'm not saying their comp wasn't better, but we were flat outskilled on top of it. We're in Bronze for a reason and we are trying our damndest to improve but we keep running into teams that totally outclass us. We're actually going backwards at this point. Something is just way off with the threes mmr right now. When the lowest ranked teams we're facing are a tier + ahead of us it's hard to improve as we just get stomped so hard.