Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Existing PBE accounts in new system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaceive

10-23-2013

I already have a PBE account, and was recently informed I was accepted for more PBE testing (yay!). However, I was wondering if I'd be able to link my existing PBE account to my main summoner account, or if I will have to start over.

RESOverlord

10-24-2013

I had the same question myself.

Jaceive

10-24-2013

Going to bump this, hopefully we can get a response.

Sevenix

Adjudicator

10-24-2013

You will probably not be able to link your old PBE account with your new one.

Irelia Bot

10-24-2013

I guess I should also ask when is the change actually happening?

I tried loging on my my live account after being approved but I couldn't

My PBE account that I have been using still works.

RESOverlord

10-24-2013

Quote:
Domin8tracks:
I guess I should also ask when is the change actually happening?

I tried loging on my my live account after being approved but I couldn't

My PBE account that I have been using still works.

Did you create a new PBE account here:

https://pbesignup.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/pbe-signup

Fruity Sebbles

Associate Product Manager

10-24-2013

Sorry there's confusion about this-- we could have been more clear in the original messaging.

Even if you have an existing "old" style PBE account, you should still create another "new" style account if you've been approved. We announced that we'll be deactivating the "old" accounts (though obviously we haven't yet).

I know it can be inconvenient (especially if you're going to buy everything in the store again) but once you have your "new" account, it will be used even for future test cycles-- you won't have to do this every time. The main reason we want everyone to have the "new" account is that behind the scenes, the new account creation process provides us a lot of additional helpful data for testing.

gwydion85

10-24-2013

Is there anyway I could get my old PBE account merged with the new one? It even has the same username and summoner name.

Tr0utp0nD

10-24-2013

I had to go into the old PBE account a purchase a summoner name change so I could get the same summoner name for the new account. That was fine and dandy, but now I do have to remember that my login name is different.

Eyrgos

10-24-2013

Quote:
RiotSeb:
Sorry there's confusion about this-- we could have been more clear in the original messaging.

Even if you have an existing "old" style PBE account, you should still create another "new" style account if you've been approved. We announced that we'll be deactivating the "old" accounts (though obviously we haven't yet).

I know it can be inconvenient (especially if you're going to buy everything in the store again) but once you have your "new" account, it will be used even for future test cycles-- you won't have to do this every time. The main reason we want everyone to have the "new" account is that behind the scenes, the new account creation process provides us a lot of additional helpful data for testing.

How do I tell if my current (old) PBE Account is linked to my Main?