Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Place to Appy to New PBE from a Journalistic/Community Site Angle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zarya

10-23-2013

Gonna be the negative guy here, but those type accounts will probably be limited to the big websites and content producers. Otherwise everyone will suddenly have a YouTube channel and will want permanent acces trying to game the system. We've already seen this on the main thread of guys with nothing channels cclaiming they want and need permanent access.

I'm not saying you're one of these, but these types of accounts will be very limited and a channel that has several videos at 600k when they're only 4 months old is more likely to get permanent access over say you with 150k views in a year. Again not saying anything about you or your content just saying these types of accounts are probably limited and will be given out solely to the big guys.

GL though hope it works out since this entire change does suck

Edit: and my internet lied and just showed me your S3 stuff. Bigger than I initially thought so GL

Pawnce

10-23-2013

Quote:
Zarya:
Gonna be the negative guy here, but those type accounts will probably be limited to the big websites and content producers. Otherwise everyone will suddenly have a YouTube channel and will want permanent acces trying to game the system. We've already seen this on the main thread of guys with nothing channels cclaiming they want and need permanent access.

I'm not saying you're one of these, but these types of accounts will be very limited and a channel that has several videos at 600k when they're only 4 months old is more likely to get permanent access over say you with 150k views in a year. Again not saying anything about you or your content just saying these types of accounts are probably limited and will be given out solely to the big guys.

GL though hope it works out since this entire change does suck

Edit: and my internet lied and just showed me your S3 stuff. Bigger than I initially thought so GL

ha ha :P
And thanks.

But yeah, I'm just hoping for some way to showcase that given my position as someone invested essentially full time in LoL and PBE coverage that it is (and always has been) in my absolute best interest to cover new content as quickly, efficiently, and thoughtfully as I am capable of while still considering the varying contexts the champion will be played in (given that, with a large audience, the skill levels of people watching will be all over the place). The other concern, now that I think about it, is that I've always sort of considered my videos, livestreams, and the discussions that resulted with viewers/subscribers on my channel as my way of providing feedback. This, of course, doesn't leave much of a record on the forums here. With the revamped PBE system perhaps the way I would, in theory, provide feedback would have to change (or perhaps augmented/improved would be a better way of putting it).

Lord of Sharks

10-23-2013

Pawnce is who I go to for all my in game videos of skins, gameplay, new champs, etc. Surrender@20 is for news, I will admit that, but Pawnce is for all the in-game stuff. He has a huge following base, hence his partnership on twitch and his youtube channel has been a great help to many people.

Sanovah

10-23-2013

Quote:
Pawnce:
ha ha :P
And thanks.

But yeah, I'm just hoping for some way to showcase that given my position as someone invested essentially full time in LoL and PBE coverage that it is (and always has been) in my absolute best interest to cover new content as quickly, efficiently, and thoughtfully as I am capable of while still considering the varying contexts the champion will be played in (given that, with a large audience, the skill levels of people watching will be all over the place). The other concern, now that I think about it, is that I've always sort of considered my videos, livestreams, and the discussions that resulted with viewers/subscribers on my channel as my way of providing feedback. This, of course, doesn't leave much of a record on the forums here. With the revamped PBE system perhaps the way I would, in theory, provide feedback would have to change (or perhaps augmented/improved would be a better way of putting it).

They'll probably make a way to apply for those types. Checked your page out and it does seem pretty big like a 7 or 8 on the scale of views if cinderhelm were to be a 10. And assuming you'renot using a ton of smurfs it looks like you've got support from the community. MJust have to hope Riot actually makes a way to sign up for those accounts instead of our being at their discretion completely

NUKE034

10-24-2013

hey Pawnce, I sent a tweet out to Pwyff with the link to this page and got this back.

"Chris Tom ‏@RiotPwyff

@NUKE034 I'll look into it - no promises though! We may be taking it carefully when it comes to these"

dont know if he has looked yet but at least we know the knowledge is out there.

Fruity Sebbles

Associate Product Manager

10-24-2013

Hey Pawnce,

We've been discussing every day the best ways to handle both "small" and "large" accounts. For perspective, we've actually identified your account as a "larger" account. There are plenty of ways we could tackle this, but for the immediate future, we will start by passively supporting the accounts we've identified so far (that is, we just won't deactivate them during the sweep) rather than reaching out and working directly with contributors about what type of accounts they may need. We'll increase support over time, but our current priority is to make sure to not damage current value.

In the future, there will be a more established process in place that will especially help newer contributors. We can't guarantee everyone looking to get started as a YouTuber will get free permanent access to the PBE just by asking for it, but we will be announcing our plans as to how we'll support these types of players.

For other contributors watching this thread: we've been identifying and flagging PBE accounts for preservation this past week (including international accounts for non-NA communities) though we have been quiet about it so far. There will be a system in place in the future for newer contributors to reach out to us to help get started, and also an evaluation framework for how well the partnership is working.

The PBE is about partnerships, both for players to help us make the game better, and for Riot to work with leaders in the community. My goal is for both types of partnerships to increase in quality over time, and while I can't announce details at this moment, we're definitely working on it!

IonDragonX

10-24-2013

Quote:
RiotSeb:
Hey Pawnce,

We've been discussing every day the best ways to handle both "small" and "large" accounts. For perspective, we've actually identified your account as a "larger" account. There are plenty of ways we could tackle this, but for the immediate future, we will start by passively supporting the accounts we've identified so far (that is, we just won't deactivate them during the sweep) rather than reaching out and working directly with contributors about what type of accounts they may need. We'll increase support over time, but our current priority is to make sure to not damage current value.

In the future, there will be a more established process in place that will especially help newer contributors. We can't guarantee everyone looking to get started as a YouTuber will get free permanent access to the PBE just by asking for it, but we will be announcing our plans as to how we'll support these types of players.

For other contributors watching this thread: we've been identifying and flagging PBE accounts for preservation this past week (including international accounts for non-NA communities) though we have been quiet about it so far. There will be a system in place in the future for newer contributors to reach out to us to help get started, and also an evaluation framework for how well the partnership is working.

The PBE is about partnerships, both for players to help us make the game better, and for Riot to work with leaders in the community. My goal is for both types of partnerships to increase in quality over time, and while I can't announce details at this moment, we're definitely working on it!

I vote for Pawnce to be awarded permanent status!
Make it so, Number One!

Idignatius

10-24-2013

I really enjoy Pawnce's channel. He's such a great guy. Please keep him in the PBE!

Pawnce

10-24-2013

Quote:
RiotSeb:
Hey Pawnce,

Thank you for the incredibly informative response. While I generally assume you guys have everything planned out over there the issue was so important on a personal level I couldn't help but be concerned, so thanks again. Though I must say I'm somewhat surprised by the "larger" designation. Perhaps my ill-conceived content needs to be taken up a few tiers in quality lest it tarnish League of Legends' good name :P

MrKill1234

10-24-2013

I think the fact that Pawnce was identified as a "larger" account only goes to show how awesome his stream,videos, etc. really are, and I would even argue that mainstream LoL players know that his material is the place to go to get the latest updates in the PBE. Also, personally, I found that his setup is an excellent source of getting the feel for what the general populace of LoL players feel about changes, which I am sure is a viable asset to Riot. For that reason, I really believe Riot would sacrifice a valuable asset by not giving Pawnce a permanent account in the PBE and I am sure many other LoL players feel the same way! We all truly believe the man his proven himself!