[Guide] LeBlanc, Death At Any Distance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narvuntien

12-28-2010

yeah that is true... her auto attack is just too low to handle a tower very quickly..... I don't like wasting W to kill minions.

I can get 18 kills (way more than another on their team) and my team will still lose

she is apparently an anti carry..... If you keep the opponent dead they are out of the game briefly do it enough and they can't level fast enough and your team should have the power to push but you yourself isn't going to work. If your team is still going to feed them when you aren't around then you cannot win. Leblanc is team dependent.

Try getting boots of mobility for ganking purposes, I like to use them to get into position fast. When ganking LeBlanc does enough damage that you wont have to wait for them to be on low health just has to be unexpected step out and hit them with everything, In that 18 kill game I'd use Sigil R on Cass and take half her health. Practice hitting the QWE combo, particularly the E skill shot you'll get the hang of it soon enough.

Siky what is your opinion on Kassdin and the belief that he is like LeBlanc but better?

Siky

12-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbah View Post
DFG - talk about min/maxing. Another instant nuke in her arsenal would be devastating....i should try that one out. Then again....doesn't it seem like a little overkill?

great guide. This made me want to buy her and I did. Unfortunately I'm not well versed on ganking/assassin type champs (eve, twitch) and find myslef extremely clumsy with LeBlanc when trying to pull off that needed gank.

Then thing with her that I've found even is if you stay in a positive KDR, she has little impact on the over-all game. What I mean is that she can finish off team fights, but she has no pushing or turret power to continue your teams offensive push. It seems like once the team fight is over...she's better off recalling and waiting for her team to rez to face off with the enemy team again...

Comments?
On DFG I tried playing with DFG, but I feel like it offers too little overall. My 4 priority items are mainly:

- Mejai's
- Rylai's
- Sorc Shoes
- Guardian Angel

After that, Zhonya's feels better than DFG (which might change if Zhonya's active is changed or removed in the next patch). My main problem really is that I am an ultra aggressive player, i will typically force ganks 3+ times before non-solo lanes get to 6 and Mejai's is usually perfect for this. After that period, survivability becomes a necessity and you really only have 2 choices that provide AP: RoA or Rylai's. Personally I go Rylai's because I feel like it's a better item than RoA on LeBlanc only because of the passive slow for abilities. RoA is better than Rylai's in terms of pure numbers, but they don't do the same thing as each other.

You would think after that a DFG would be great, but Rylai's is there to help me finish already by slowing my opponent and making E easier to hit (which is hard enough as is since it doesn't even shoot straight), why do I need DFG? What I actually need is to protect my stacks so I get Guardian Angel (or BV vs Veigar/Annie so you don't get surprise stunned) and of course you need to finish Sorc Shoes.

DFG doesn't flow well with my play style or item progression so I don't really like it. The extra 200-300 damage while nice on paper isn't actually needed for me to kill someone. If you notice FckMan's skill cycle is Q, R, W, 1, E, Q. He's buying an item to add damage to kill someone normally, but I can do the exact same thing without DFG and still kill someone all the same so I really see no point in DFG at all. I only see DFG working well if it just made it so 1, Q, R, W could take over my Q, R, W, E, Q combo and it doesn't. It's much more dangerous to try and open with DFG on LeBlanc because it's an unsafe range and DFG's active is much too small. If they were to buff DFG's range, I might reconsider though.

On LeBlanc's Role I won't go into a rant, but I feel like the reason you feel like LeBlanc has little to no impact in a game overall is because you're just on a bad team in general. If LeBlanc takes mid, kills 3+ people and gets 10+ mejai's stacks before level 10, if the game is equal at this point, there's something seriously wrong. People tend to suicide when they see LeBlanc dive for a kill, big mistake. You see lane mates dive and die to assist a kill that you don't really need assisting with (because LeBlanc lv6 vs a lv4 with under 75% HP is a free kill unless they're Blitz/Malph and have a strong defensive passive that protects them from instantly dying when it's up). Once you gank, they should be pushing and the tower should be down right there and then.

Once a tower is down, you should be able to snowball the advantage by warding their jungle since you have more money, pushing down more towers and farming only when you're defending or waiting to group up and do something as a team.

If there's no team fighting going on, I really only have 2 goals as LeBlanc. Push where I can (you're ranged and it doesn't matter if you do jack for damage, it all adds up and you should be clearing enemy minions around their towers so your minions can help with the damage while you chip away as well) or Ward. Teleport as a summoner spell encourages this since you can often grab more than a handful of ganks. Grabbing Oracle and running around the enemy jungle that is fully warded by you to clear out defensive wards also doesn't hurt since you have an escape mechanism if for any reason you get into trouble. There are tons of things you can do that people just don't for who knows what reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narvuntien View Post
yeah that is true... her auto attack is just too low to handle a tower very quickly..... I don't like wasting W to kill minions.

I can get 18 kills (way more than another on their team) and my team will still lose

she is apparently an anti carry..... If you keep the opponent dead they are out of the game briefly do it enough and they can't level fast enough and your team should have the power to push but you yourself isn't going to work. If your team is still going to feed them when you aren't around then you cannot win. Leblanc is team dependent.

Try getting boots of mobility for ganking purposes, I like to use them to get into position fast. When ganking LeBlanc does enough damage that you wont have to wait for them to be on low health just has to be unexpected step out and hit them with everything, In that 18 kill game I'd use Sigil R on Cass and take half her health. Practice hitting the QWE combo, particularly the E skill shot you'll get the hang of it soon enough.

Siky what is your opinion on Kassdin and the belief that he is like LeBlanc but better?
Distortion Sometimes you're just in a position where you don't need W for anything for the next 10 seconds. Defending or whatever. W and even R followed after to clear minions is good farm and is also good to clear an enemy tower's defending minion pack for your minions and crappy auto-attack to deal some serious damage. Doesn't matter how little the advantage is, you should always take it and if you can use W to help drop a tower to even 30% or less health, why not do it? Minions will do damage to towers eventually and it's more likely to drop the lower it's health is or force the enemy team to be more defensive. You might not kill fast, but you still do damage and when it's safe, you should.

Kassadin He is a better late or late mid game champ than LeBlanc. He scales better and is simply easier to use. Before that though, the only thing that really becomes a pain is that his Q silences you in 1 hit whereas it takes LeBlanc 2 hits to silence someone. Kassadin doesn't kill the same way LeBlanc does though, she kills much faster than him and starts being a threat much sooner.

I honestly think the 2 are very different and I would compare LeBlanc more to Akali than Kassadin. The only similarities they have is they both have a silence? Kassadin's style is very hit and run, he jumps in when the enemy is low to kill them and then escapes. LeBlanc on the other hand, like Akali, drops people from close to full health.

Her chain can also be a bit nasty, either forcing people to back off when their tank is hit with it, eat pokes from the entire team for free or forcing them to attack in a bad situation because of panic. Yes, I hit tanks with my chain as sort of a passive-aggressive initiation tactic. If the enemy team backs off too fast and the tank is too slow, the tank will die. This is the difference between a snare and a poke even if it can silence. You can force all sorts of mistakes on the enemy's behalf more safely with LeBlanc than you can with Kassadin (you don't really bait initiations with Kassadin anyways).

Anyways, there's a lot to talk about regardless when comparing champions, but to say Kassadin is better than LeBlanc? My only question is: at what and when? I think people just voicing unfounded opinions with no facts or experience to back it up with.

b gouge

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2010

Why is this champ rarely played? Is she considered up even after the buffs in the last patch? Either way I find her quite fun and great guide.

Siky

12-31-2010

She has poor late game scaling and without a stun there's really nothing she can contribute to late game against a well organized team at higher levels of play. What they fixed really wasn't enough, but as it is, she's one of the strongest early game champions in the game right now in my opinion.

I'm not sure if Riot really wants to make her strong late game at all, I think they just want to buff her 1-6 last hitting capabilities and that's about it. Strange as it sounds, I think the champion really was designed to focus on trying to finish the game early or lose in the late with her.

I have revised my sentiments about her late game after more experience with her. Unfortunately, fun as she is, there are just problems that seem purposely implemented in her design that keep her from being a competitive champion and that's late game scaling and viability against teams with 3 or more tanky champions (meaning she can't kill anybody without getting killed unless your team can is designed to either last longer or deal more damage with the appropriate CC than the other team).

zeeto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-02-2011

Best LeBlanc guide I have seen. Makes for such a powerful early game champ that can still hold her own late game.

Siky

01-06-2011

I have updated my guide after playing around with the new items. The short of it is pretty simple:

Death of Zhonya's Ring The 2 items that came from Zhonya's item is so good that I really feel like they make a few items pretty obsolete for LeBlanc. Guardian Angel and Abyssal Scepter feel very pointless now since Zhonya's Hourglass does give you quite a bit of survivability while keeping your damage up and even though I found that Rabadon's Deathcap can't replace LeBlanc's dependency on Mejai's, it does amplify LeBlanc's strength by a whole lot.

Mejai's Dependency With the new items, I basically tried to break my feeling of need for Soulstealer, but what I found was that my damage just wasn't good enough without it. I was getting tons of kills and owning as usual, but when I hit around level 14-16, I just couldn't finish people. It was extremely annoying and sometimes it even led to me staying longer than I needed to in situations that could have been finished much faster if I had just gotten Mejai's period.

Ionian Boots of Lucidity I like the new boots, it's very interesting, but after using Sorc Shoes for so long, the benefits of these boots don't actually make it a viable alternative outside of a few team composition reasons where they can fare better than simply doing more damage with Sorc Shoes.

Conclusion The Mejai's revelation alone has made me feel like her AP Ratios are just too low and need a solid boost next patch or LeBlanc really will be unviable. She takes a lot of skill to use, but there are easier to use champs that can deal better damage late mid game and forward while still being useful in other ways before then.

Basically without Mejai's, I will go 6+ kills, 0 deaths and a bunch of assists up until mid game or late mid game, then I will just hit a roadblock and I just can't keep up anymore. My damage output is too slow in a lot of cases where I end up dying before I can output the needed damage to secure more than 1 kill or to help my team even get those kills. I simply just get chased off because my damage isn't strong enough and staying until I can do enough damage to be worth my weight has a good chance of me dying to secure a few kills for my team (which honestly is worth it if I win the game because of that, but I'd rather survive while doing the same thing and Mejai's allows this if I can build and maintain stacks).

UrgotSwained

01-30-2011

I'm gonna play her because if this great guide.

Kyurah

01-30-2011

Great guide, thanks!

AGCrew Bloodwolf

03-10-2011

This is the best LB guide I've read! Great stuff! Very detailed!

I've played LB before to some success, but there are a few things I've found interesting that I'd like to try:
- Rylai sounds like a nice option, not only due to the slow u get, but also because it gives u AP and HP which she really needs.
- I also see that Doran's might indeed hinder you from the Mejai. Question though: how would u deal with an overly aggressive mid player trying to force you out of the lane? Yes you do have teleport but you cant afford to go b every time mid harasses you or commit to a fight with lower HP.
- Ionian boots sound like an interesting choice, specially if you don't have blue.
- Speaking of blue, what's so bad about her not having blue? If you dont get Tear for an Arch, she's gonna run oom pretty quickly, even with MR5 per level runes.
- And also, I do know Tear will put her behind in AP items similarly to how Doran's Ring would. But is it really that bad on her?

Quaznarr

04-24-2011

Just want to +1 that this guide is pretty sweet - definitely turned my Leblanc game around.

I don't see any mention of Fiendish Codex or Morello's Evil Tome - I'm wondering if that was an oversight, or you don't think the cdr is worth the money, or you don't like paying for the mana regen that comes with it...?