[Guide] LeBlanc, Death At Any Distance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narvuntien

12-20-2010

They were a better player than me. perhaps that is what I should of said.

She put on the black shield after my Q, which is my leading strike. there was more than one player it was often an ally she gave it to. She was quick very quick.

She would snare and corrode me together over and over from long range. If she saw me move to attack snare + corrode. Draining me of health fairly quickly.

Siky

12-21-2010

I think you really just need to learn how Morgana works before you're able to fight against her. Her Black Shield is on a 15 second CD, 9 sec with 40% CDR. Your Q is on a 6 sec CD and 4 sec with 40% CDR and Q can cancel out her shield and allow you to attack in that 5 second window before she can Black Shield again. If you can't kill her in that time, back off from the fight, but letting that Morgana know you're willing to fight her and you can make her feel danger will make her a bit more cautious.

Also, I have a question which I posted at the top of my guide, would it be easier if I found a way to just make a video for LeBlanc (brain says yes, lazy devil says please no). I really wish there was a replay mode, but there isn't and my last attempt at saving video while playing felt weird since the recording seemed to lag my game.

I'll try to look into it if people really want one though, but I'm not sure how much a champ like LeBlanc needs it. Maybe for people to see stuff like how to deal with Morgana, etc.

MrMartijn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2010

A nice trick if you are being chased in the forrest. go in a brush jump out of it with W or R and after a wjile teleport back in the brush. this gives a pretty big advantage because they cannot see where you will go next. You can also use this trick with walls as already was explained in the guide ^^. Try to teleport back out of their vision.

Siky

12-26-2010

I posted that in another thread, but unfortunately I actually have no more space in my guide to add anything lol. Will do a revision later if LeBlanc gets any major updates in the next patch.

BlazingF

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2010

I have a huge problem vs a Pantheon and Sion combination. Any tips to that? :X Double stun hurts. Also, I tend to purhcase Doran's Ring as my first item before tome. Is that a viable option?

Siky

12-27-2010

Blazing F: Double stun combos are hard for everyone, especially so if both Pantheon and Sion coordinate well. The question to whether or not Doran's Ring is viable is down to what Summoner Spells you use.

I purposely outline Teleport/Flash to be my combo of choice because walking into Pantheon or Sion's range means you will most likely eat a stun, even if you walk into their range by accident, Flash still gives you a fighting chance to get back to a safe position. Panthon and Sion's stuns aren't instant, they're fast, but you can typically Flash into Tower Range and be stunned somewhere safe which can help a lot. Teleport also covers as both a ganking mechanic and a safety net against heavy harass that I just can't deal with for whatever reason giving me a free BP during the laning phase. That Summoner Spell combo alone counters a million situations (except for instant stuns like Veigar's). Last hit with Q/W and try to stay back. Let minions push and last hit while the tower weakens the minions and just play safe if you have to while walking into range of dying enemy minions for the exp if you can't last hit and in general stay away from Brush.

Now to talk about starting item. Doran's Ring isn't bad, it's considered to be very cost effective even after the nerf for it's stats, but the main issue is it becomes irrelevant if you have Teleport and Tome builds into your next item be it Mejai's or Rylai's unlike Doran's which only serves 1 purpose, and that is to stay in lane until at least level 6 through cautious play. What you're trying to avoid is just losing minion EXP and last hit chances which Teleport covers. Doran's is much better on TT where matches are generally shorter and you see less late game items built, but on SR, it's the opposite making Doran's usefulness only last the early game and if you aren't farming or ganking at the end of early game, you're going to feel the effects of the 435 deficit going into middle game where everyone has already finished their first item and you're always stuck behind them (which also means you'll have a harder time farming since everyone else will be doing more damage than you).

Personally I feel like Doran's Ring is only good for Support Champs on SR where damage isn't a priority for them or if they are more of a late mid game bloomer. The extra HP, extra AP to add effectiveness to weak abilities and mana regen all serve that purpose great. For damage dealers however, they need that first item quickly and in the case of LeBlanc, the faster you get Rylai's the scarier you get. Not only can you burst people to death, you can also slow them to a crawl as well? You can make people apprehensive about poking if they walk forward and eat a Q + W or R in the face without the ability to retaliate effectively. Veigar, Annie and Anivia do good damage in general early on, but they are the type that gets stronger as the game gets longer. LeBlanc is the opposite where she is much stronger than all of them early-mid game and gets worse the longer the game gets (unless she snowballs out of control like say with a 20 stack Mejai's).

TL;DR Doran's is not as good on LeBlanc as compared to other Casters. Her ability to produce massive amounts of burst damage quickly and easily means anything you buy for survivability should serve an offensive purpose (Rylai's is really the only item that offers a unique offensive option and survivability at the same time for LeBlanc that no other item provides) and you should realize that any defensive stat on a item usually reduces the effective damage you could be buying for her on any other item. Tome is not as good as Doran's as a starting item, but it gets you your next item after boots faster which is what she really needs.

Note I am also editing down my post now to streamline it, make it faster to read and make space for more information in the future.

BlazingF

12-27-2010

Thanks for the response! I gotta work on my last hits, I always miss it trying to do it without skills.

Siky

12-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingF View Post
Thanks for the response! I gotta work on my last hits, I always miss it trying to do it without skills.
I heard murmurs of LeBlanc getting an auto-attack buff in the next patch by some red post so hopefully this will help you. I'm fine with last-hitting on LeBlanc, but I won't say it's easy. She does very little damage and you have to cut it pretty close to be able to last-hit anything. Not much to say except practice, other tricks take too much effort to do like clicking on a creep and attacking it when it drops below 55HP and can lead to you getting into all sorts of other troubles. Better to just get used to killing minions by attacking them only when they're almost dead.

FckMan

Recruiter

12-27-2010

I use Cleanse and Flash. Cleanse in case of stuns, snares, etc...Why? I aint staying put, no thanks.

Depending on team make up I tend to usually start with RoA and if they suck badly, Mejai's. Last game i went 10/0/13, they had 4 squishies so I rushed a DeathFire Grasp which is pretty m uch guaranteed 300. Minimum is 200 i think.

My build consisted of DFG, 2 doran's ring, sorc boots, teemo, annie, ashe died instantly. Q, R, W, 1, (W to return), E if they are still alive, they get snared, Q should be cooled down. 1 is where i always put my DFG. pretty nasty. managed to buy a void staff since thats all i needed for such a squishy team, the rest is history.

she's a great character, hard to put down if you utilize her built in flash well and having another flash as a spell is just plan B and W with R are merely plan C and D depending how the situation turns out.

Runes are simple, mp5 seals, magic pen marks and glphs, flat AP quints. masteries 9/0/21 for obvious reasons.

then there's my fun dps build involving madred's :P

Bumbah

12-28-2010

DFG - talk about min/maxing. Another instant nuke in her arsenal would be devastating....i should try that one out. Then again....doesn't it seem like a little overkill?

great guide. This made me want to buy her and I did. Unfortunately I'm not well versed on ganking/assassin type champs (eve, twitch) and find myslef extremely clumsy with LeBlanc when trying to pull off that needed gank.

Then thing with her that I've found even is if you stay in a positive KDR, she has little impact on the over-all game. What I mean is that she can finish off team fights, but she has no pushing or turret power to continue your teams offensive push. It seems like once the team fight is over...she's better off recalling and waiting for her team to rez to face off with the enemy team again...

Comments?