Yorik, the immortal man

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vistarius

06-22-2011

I have recently played Yorick. And failed with him tremendously every time.

That being said, I think there is alot of potential for him. Things that didn't work:
1) Trinity Force/AD Yorick. He's too squishy, even with his ult, and his damage output pales in comparison to what others can do. Especially since his summons die before you can get them all out.
2) Tank: This one seemed to work decent with Guardian angel, health tanking items, and using his ult on himself. However, can't do much damage or heal enough to get out of a mess.

I'm thinking Tank is more viable for him. Especially with his ability to keep getting back up again. But I think he needs more damage as well. Anyone got a decent build of both to keep him getting back up and dealing out more hellacious damage? His ULT is significantly more useful in teamfights, granted. But your teamates don't know it's coming unless you take time to explain it to them. Which is annoying.

Powerstoned

06-22-2011

"Yeah so if I think you're going to die, I'm gonna put a big marker on you so everyone can see, so then if you do die, try and keep fighting."

Worst. Ult. Ever.

kuroketa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-23-2011

I don't think it puts a marker. Just clones the hero. And no time limit on the coming back to life ability except if the clone dies.

EddieEd

06-23-2011

I would have to agree with the tank idea. Since most of his abilities are based off his health and AD it would be best to get AD/HP/attack speed items. I did fairly well but at the end i still lacked in kills. He does have potential..a lot of it. But he still needs a little tweaking..maybe a stun? lol. His passive ability is useless, his ghouls do not stay alive long enough to take advantage of it, which increases his AD based off the number of ghouls he has out.

Right now, a lot of people are not happy with him. I think once people experiment with him alittle more they'll start to see the potential in him. It's just a few little things that is keeping him from being a good champ

Vistarius

06-23-2011

Well they're used to OP champs like Vayne (Who got hit with the nerf bat) and Brand. I think a balanced champ should take time and people SHOULDN'T be able to go 22/0 with him in their first game. I think Riot might have made him a bit too weak, but they did this with Swain too. Then Swain became a power house a patch or so later.

Redenbacher

06-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstoned View Post
"Yeah so if I think you're going to die, I'm gonna put a big marker on you so everyone can see, so then if you do die, try and keep fighting."

Worst. Ult. Ever.
I know right? Being able to clone a fed carry is a horrible ultimate. Completely useless to teamfights.

/end sarcasm

TwistedBeardLine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-23-2011

He reminds me of Maokai when he first came out. Able to do stuff, but you have to do too much to compensate for his shortcomings. I'm waiting for them to buff him like they did with Maokai I suppose, and then look what happened to him: BEAST. His melee attack range really sucks though and he's slow. His Slow is really short ranged, his speed boost requires that you actually hit something, so if its just you chasing someone without minions nearby .. .meh but I don't know. Not tanky enough either. A big problem is like I said, having to get elbow to elbow with your enemy to even hit them.

FortuitusFortune

Master Recruiter

06-23-2011

Make trinity force and build a sunfire cape then atmas.