To Start Ranked Play....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

m0gX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-23-2011

I am currently level 27, close to 28, and obviously pretty close to 30 overall. This means I would be able to play ranked games soon. Basically, there are a few things I would like to know from experienced ranked players to help prepair myself for it.

Now I think I am good for an unranked player, at least, when I play champions I know I'm good with, I usually do really well. My best champion is definately Irelia, when I played her recently I would go mid and over 60% of the time I would outlane the other person enough to kill them 2-3 times, start ganking, and carry my team. The other team would generally surrender in half an hour. In the games I didn't get as early of a lead, I woudl still hold my lane, and we usually ended up winning. I was something like 10/12 of the games I played recently with Irelia. Usually I play Irelia as a type of survivable DPS. So my masteries are focused on offense, and the items I get are usually: doran's shield, +3 move speed boots, zeal followed by trinity force, recurve bow followed by madreds bloodrazor, then usually black cleaver, and the last weapon is usually last whisper, starks favour, or phanotm dancer, though the games rarely go that long, usually we win after trinity force, and right before or after getting recurve bow.

My skill build is almost always as follows, especially the first 4 levels, they I find are imperitive (the one game I lost while playing her I screwed up my 4th skill): w, q, w, e, w, r... I max w (life regen on attack as passive and true damage added on attack for active) basically asap, I find the first 2 levels are good for surviving in the lane, especially against a ranged hero mid. I dont harras a lot until I ahve my e (the slow/stun depending on hp), and then start harrassing, since it give me a better option after Qing to them to either keep attacknig or to run. After I max my W, I max my E, since this increases its duration. Genereally I can manage to kill the other person in my lane at least 1-2 times by around level 7, and then go back for +3 move speed boots and a dagger. after this I start ganking.

I find the +3 move speed boots are very useful for persuing and escaping combined with my slow/stun.

So here's what I'm most curious about: I have tried to give input on some threads about heros that are good late game or bad early, or OP, and various thing, and people seem to ahve completely opposite views from me, mainly because they play ranked. So, how badly will this fail in ranked and why?

Also, my one friend who plays ashe ranked says he genereally gets boots and a health pot at the beginning of the game so he doesnt need dorans sword because his runes make up for it. So should my runes focus on basically being dorans shield? or what would a good thing for them to do be?

And I think last: I know in pro games, they use a ton of wards, but in unranked people almost never do (unless eve or twitch is playing), so in ranked will teams almost always use them a ton? or do some almost never use them like unranked?

So whatever advice you have would be very helpful, for any aspect of the game, and specifically moving from unranked to ranked. In case it matter or helps: I also really like lux and leblanc. I stopped playing leblanc a lot because she is useless for playing turrets so when I get a fail team its hopeless, but I manage to kill people a lot. Lux I think I do really well, usually I mid and get a lot fo kills and assists and few deaths. I have also recently bought twitch and enjoy playing him, and do decent in unranked games. I also play alright with ashe, kennen, and cho. I also plan on buying morde and then singed so I could tank if need be.

Thanks in advance for any advice any ranked players have

LoneRebel

06-23-2011

In ranked games, people uses wards and elixers, unlike the normal you dont really see people use them. If you start winning rank games, youll will have a higher rating and you face harder people. When people fill up all their item slots, some times they use the elixers. When your team is ready for Baron, just watch out because they ward that area all the time, including dragon. I recommend following this set of teams: TANK/SUPPORT/JUNGLER/AD/AP. Good luck

Enoy

06-23-2011

From what I understand is if you want to start stomping in normals start warding , because like you said ... no one does it.

I want to , but when i'm the only one doing it , it can get very expensive. I really like the free ward with wriggles lantern on WW when jungling.