Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I feel your Jinx nerfs kinda misses the the real issues with her kit. Explanations?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

Recruiter

10-23-2013

Now granted I didn't play Jinx much. Free week player, and this being an exam week minimizes the time I have till after the exam. But I noticed the two most obvious issue with her was her E and W.

I went into greater details in THIS thread (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3971587&highlight=jinx). In short, I feel that E's problem is that it's range is long enough to be a bit too effective as an offensive tool despite it being her sole form of defence. And her W, I feel the main problem is how deceptive it is. The hit-box isn't just larger than the piddly lightning animation, it's a LOT larger.

While I guess the mana cost nerfs will work too, I feel that the bigger issue are the range and readability. And even if you feel like sticking to this nerf, can you please still consider making her W's animation match it's hitbox? It's really bad looking to see the thing completely miss yet still hit.

Also, for other feedback. Is it possible to make it more immediately obvious which gun-mode Jinx is in? Maybe it's because I'm new with her, but unlike playing Jayce, Elise, or Nidalee, with Jinx I find myself forgetting which mode I was in till I attacked once. Like make her two modes more dramatically different. Or have Jinx yell "Fishbones!" and "Powpow!" respectively while changing. It sounds like something Jinx would do anyways.

PS

Quote:
Switcheroo ( Q ) cooldown now .9 from 1.

I don't get it...does that buff achieve anything? Is it tuned to account for player lag?

SinisterJoe

10-23-2013

I do agree with what you mentioned about the "audibles" when using Q, it would be helpful and kinda kewl.
Also i have been sniped by many W's its not even funny. her W range is longer then ol' xerath in his locust of power. he maxes at 1350 range her W is at 1450 why would she need the best of both worlds she already has a global ulti why give her an option to save her ulti. the high AD ratio and range on her puny little tazer gun is ridiculous. if this got changed to about 900 i would be completely happy with jinx.

Cheeto101

10-23-2013

Not really sure why the heck they hit the mana cost on flame chompers too.

Riot seems to bring the sledgehammer with them when they are doing their balancing (which is somewhat ironic because they seem to miss the core issues they should be adjusting often)

Ginga

Recruiter

10-23-2013

So what's up with the Q cooldown buff?

phar0ah1

10-24-2013

I'm not sure how you don't know which stance she is in? It has a visual icon on your HUD and the character is holding the weapon of choice to the front?

And yeah the Q cd buff seems unnecessary to say the least. It was already a fast switch to begin with. No real issue with that ability.

Ginga

Recruiter

10-24-2013

You can tell if you looked. But often times it takes a small while to register since there's barely any difference. Like, after an attack before you realize you're in the wrong mode.

Udyr's stances changes him enough to make it clear which he's in, plus that's also accompanied by the appropriate noise he makes depending on his stance. Jayce is the same too. Jinx doesn't change nearly enough I find.

Her Q CD buff...seems less like an actual buff and more like an attempt to do something with her somehow...make her more playable somehow?

DoomScar

10-24-2013

I'm also having problems distinguishing difference between the minigun and launcher. A pink/blue trailing aura around Pow-Pow and Fishbones when active can suffice, in my opinion.