Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Experimentations with Cassiopeia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrettNZ

12-20-2010

Quote:
Ammers:
Also, playing a champion you want to play shouldn't have "requires large amounts of patience" attached in subtext. That's not fun (for most people, I guess). This is a game. Games are for fun.

competition is fun for me, and knowing im not letting down the other 4 players by feeding easy minion and champion kills.

For cass i did pick up quadra last game. Shift is becoming a permanent key to hold for her, Q is my main source of damage and is great for picking up runners because people leave it to late to escape and will almost never survive the poison ticks. Main thing is dont get in the middle of the fights, unless your using ult which will do upwards of 1k aoe dmg late.

Ammers

12-21-2010

I need to get out of the "must kill" nuke mage mindset I'm normally in. Cause she just doesn't do that. xD

DraiTheDragoon

12-21-2010

when I play Cass I like to start with Doran's ring, build a Tear of the goddess, which solves ALL her Mana issues, build Sorc boots, finish archangels, build Rylai's, Build Zhonya's, Build Abyssal Scepter, and than finish either with a Haunting Guise if they have no MR or a Void staff.

I use MP/Sec Blues, MPen Reds, Defense yellows and HP Quints.

9/0/21

never run out of mana, I rock Ghost and teleport to escape and be able to push back any lane I want almost whenever I want.
The ENTIRE other team is always scared of me and usually calls Cass super OP by the end, her Ult is an Awesome team fight ability, but don't Initiate with it, if you get CC'd your screwed.
I prioritize Q and W taking R whenever I can, I don't even take Twin Fang till 13 when I have to, i've notice when solo laning almost EVERYONE plays super aggressively against Cass...which ends up screwing them over giving me easy kills lol.

I really like Cass and think Riot did a pretty good job with her, i'd make her E and R's range slightly longer and maybe make R instant cast, too many times i've gone to use it and someone like Xin charges THROUGH me and I end up missing, **** sucks.

M pen is SUPER important on her because if the enemy team stacks MR you're basically useless cause you have no burst, only DoT's, with stacked M pen even a Rammus with full MR and Defensive Ball Curl up will take a **** ton of damage still

Happy hunting

Tenant

Friend of Urf

12-22-2010

Nice Guide-ish thing, OP! I'm actually incredibly interested in your choice for Boots of Swiftness on her. I'll probably end up trying that out.

Purplz

12-22-2010

Quote:
DraiTheDragoon:
when I play Cass I like to start with Doran's ring, build a Tear of the goddess, which solves ALL her Mana issues, build Sorc boots, finish archangels, build Rylai's, Build Zhonya's, Build Abyssal Scepter, and than finish either with a Haunting Guise if they have no MR or a Void staff.

I use MP/Sec Blues, MPen Reds, Defense yellows and HP Quints.

9/0/21

never run out of mana, I rock Ghost and teleport to escape and be able to push back any lane I want almost whenever I want.
The ENTIRE other team is always scared of me and usually calls Cass super OP by the end, her Ult is an Awesome team fight ability, but don't Initiate with it, if you get CC'd your screwed.
I prioritize Q and W taking R whenever I can, I don't even take Twin Fang till 13 when I have to, i've notice when solo laning almost EVERYONE plays super aggressively against Cass...which ends up screwing them over giving me easy kills lol.

I really like Cass and think Riot did a pretty good job with her, i'd make her E and R's range slightly longer and maybe make R instant cast, too many times i've gone to use it and someone like Xin charges THROUGH me and I end up missing, **** sucks.

M pen is SUPER important on her because if the enemy team stacks MR you're basically useless cause you have no burst, only DoT's, with stacked M pen even a Rammus with full MR and Defensive Ball Curl up will take a **** ton of damage still

Happy hunting

You're level 27. I could do the same thing with eve.

ThunderMissle

12-22-2010

How could he be level 27 with a mastery set of: 9/0/21??

Nightdancer ND

12-22-2010

Her Petrifying Gaze as a two different effects.
a) stun when the enemy faces you
b) slow when the enemy shows you their back

A good enhancement of this spell would be, when the enemy is turned to stone, is also slows this enemy afterwards.

If the range/area isn't enhanced, then it should be more rewarding to go that near to an enemy (also for the very high cooldown) => higher damage and AP-scaling would be a good trade-off for this.

DraiTheDragoon

12-22-2010

I'm level 27 but I play ranked with Cass on my brothers account, 1500-1600 ELO bracket, she's really not that UP, maybe just like I said, R and E ranged increase

Guthrek

12-22-2010

Quote:
Ammers:
I don't know where you're getting those numbers, because everyone I've talked to agrees that her damage is highest during early game.

Cass stacks unbelievably well with ap because of how short her cooldowns are. In my experience with her when you make it to the late game (and I mean late late game, like 40 minutes and more) she becomes one of the largest threats on the team other than ad carries or super fed champs. My build varies game to game, but ROA and rylai's are core because she needs the health and ap badly, and by the end of the game you need at least one mana item. Other then that, zhonya's usually shows up eventually along with some combination of void staff or abyssal or something like that. When you get up to 500 ap + void staff (and I mean alongside equally farmed people) you stop being irritating and start being terrifying. The problem with her scaling is how heavily it relies on ap, because there's usually a period between 70 and 200 where you're just not that strong but you can't afford to not buy health items.

which turned mumbly and kind of into a guide, but the point is that in all the games I've played as her so far, if you can make it to the late game on relatively even footing with the other team your chances of winning increase massively.Her late game is very strong.

BrokenCrayon

12-22-2010

Cass takes lots of practice to land her Q and spam E appropriately. Remember her W slows and procs poison for Twin Fangs.

Don't over extend and push lanes unless you feel safe from gank. If you're safe, you can poke them right under their tower without being focused by the tower. Her abilities have nice range, especially Q.

Also, learn to use the shift key for smart cast. I use that fairly consistently for all of her abilities, it's helped my timing immensely.

Level Q > W > W > E > Q > R > W > ...

I like to focus on W for the slow and Q does more damage than W if you get good at landing it.

I use a standard 9/0/21 with Teleport and flash.

Teleport lets her save towers and gank. She can knock down an entire minion wave in 2 seconds.

Item build:
Meki pendant, 2 health potions
prioritize Tear of the Goddess then boots of swiftness before anything else (and keep ~2-3 health potions)
Then, depending on how you're doing, get survivability:
Health: Hextech revolver, which will become Will of the Ancients. the 15->20% spell vamp helps A LOT.
or Negatron cloak or chain vest

My usual final item build looks like this:
Archangel's Staff
Boots of Swiftness
Will of the Ancients
Abyssal scepter (more AP and MR)
Frozen Heart (build Glacial Shroud from your chain vest earlier in the game for armor and CDR)

Then whatever ridiculously long game end item you want like Zonya's.

Survivability and Speed is what she needs, then AP.