Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Experimentations with Cassiopeia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Numbat

12-19-2010

Keep in mind that just because Brackhar is looking into those changes doesn't necessarily mean they will come to fruition in that form, or even to the magnitude that he described (which was very tweaky to begin with).

In other words, I'm not holding my breath, but they'll probably do something that will help a little.

Kamikaze kae

12-19-2010

What i would like to see with her Ulti is when you use it less Dam maybe bet if they get Stoned they take more dam OR have them turn to stone for 2 secs then decreased RunSpeed for another 2 secs And her Q bonus speed is next to useless imo

Kamikaze kae

12-19-2010

Idk bout everyone else but i think she is great mid/late game i can do a good 300 dam in 1 sec OVER AND OVER again if i dont get targeted i can take out thier carry b4 they have a chance to do much at all she also is a very compentent jungler when twinfags is up to 3 or more just land your Q 1st then then the AOE poision so that they sit in it for the fight and Twinfang them till they are dead if you do this at Golem you can destroy your jungle in no time including Dragon i think they need to fix her ulti and thats bout it IMO

Heuroque

12-19-2010

All of the information about builds and there effectiveness aren't relevant past your starting items, boots and your first t3 item. What matters is your team comp.

Put cassiopeia with ashe, sona, malpite and annie and you will have a brilliant team of initiators that can devestate any opponent that ashe can land an arrow on whre malph can walk and ult them. Even with there 2 ults down you still have sona annie and cassiopeias ult to stifle any team combat that breaks out and ashes slow to prevent any enemy from esacaping the gank.

Cassiopeia is a good hero because ofher laning potential combineswith her midgame stun dominance when coupled with the right team comp.

BrettNZ

12-19-2010

The same could be said for every champ, u need to base on team comp. But majority of games u can work a strat and build into for the best effectiveness.

I haven't played much cass yet but only use her to poke, maxing q first. The damage does build up fast, and with practice its easy to land. At lvl 5 it's very easy to force enemy lane to zone because 3 or 4 of these will drop a non tank to sub 20%. I max q and w 2nd, ignoring e because i dont play for kills more for control of the lane and late game the damage builds up fast netting more kills.

She can farm very well and holds towers forever with her range, if you have a lot of patience and just dont give away much early she gets a lot more effective late.

Ammers

12-19-2010

Quote:
BrettNZ:

She can farm very well and holds towers forever with her range, if you have a lot of patience and just dont give away much early she gets a lot more effective late.

I don't know where you're getting those numbers, because everyone I've talked to agrees that her damage is highest during early game.

Also, playing a champion you want to play shouldn't have "requires large amounts of patience" attached in subtext. That's not fun (for most people, I guess). This is a game. Games are for fun.

Xenotime Gaze

12-20-2010

:/ i know i've barely started playing her, and thus my opinion doesnt amount to much, but in my singular long game with her i felt she had an excellent early game which simmered down mid-late game, but not too significantly. by late game i was still doing significant damage, even though i wasnt getting as many kills. however, like i said, i still havent played her much so take what i say with a grain of salt. im only commenting because i agree with BrettNZ.

Galthram

12-20-2010

I also liked her concept and specially her skins very much, one of my favorite champions right now to be honest, I'd play her much more if she wasn't so underpowered right now. Your guide was great and describes pretty well how I'm playing with her, nice to see that imma doin it rite.

First I tried playing her as an Assassin, after all her skill combo makes you think she would be an awesome ganker, run in throw W, throw Q, spam E and renews Q. Big mistake. When you engage the laughable duration of Q bonus speed, short range and low damage of E and small area of W make easy for them to run away. On the other hand, those problems combined with her slow speed and low HP pool make her an easy target if they decide to fight you back. By the time she gets enough defence and damage to win 1v1 fights ganking time is over and now youre doing team fights. And finally there's her Ult, I really expected it to be worse but works better than I expected, sure it's range is ridiculous but I usually use it defensively when someone tries to jump on me and make them pay for that. However I have a complaint about it that no one commented, at least not that i've seen, there's a small delay from the moment you use it from the moment it actually activates, she screams and after a split second comes the flash and the stun. Because of that my Stun turned to Slow thousands of times because that split second was enough for my targets to turn around, when you make an ULTIMATE with such a situational variation you shouldn't ad a delay.

My thoughts are:

Her passive could be better but it's the least of her problems, helps in the laning phase and during long squirmishes near towers later, works great with her playstyle also there are passives MUCH worse out there.

Noxious Blast should give her a speed bonus if it hits anything, that would justify the ridiculous duration, the delay and pretty much everything else. The damage is OK and the scaling is good. To be really honest this is the skill that should slow.

My main problem with Miasma is it's starting AOE. I mean, seriously? It's just too small and expands too slowly. The rest of the skill is fine, he slow and damage are ok. I'd trade it's slow for fixed area if Q slowed.

Twin Fangs in my opinion is one of her worst skills, it's wonderful in theory but terrible in game. The range is terrible, the base damage AND AP scaling is ridiculous and for a skill that's meant to be spammed every half second it's cost is high.

Another item thatworked really well on her was Banshees Veil. More HP, MRes and the shield helps you on those times you over extend just a bit to throw Miasma or Noxius Blast and they try to stun you.

xStrongLikeBullx

12-20-2010

thanks for taking the time to make this first look, i was on the fence about buying her, but i think ill wait and see how she progresses.

one thing missing from this guide is how you managed to get shoes onto a snake with no legs, very impressive.

Cadfan

12-20-2010

I've also had the misfortune of activating my ult only to find out that my targeting was ruined in the third of a second the animation takes before she actually fires.

I still like her, and her Desperada skin is still one of the best in the entire game. Her early game plays like a more aggressive Karthus, which is awesome.