New Udyr.. Seriously guys?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CirrusFalcon

12-24-2009

it's awesome running around at 540 speed. You can outrun any chase.

Saint Seraphiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2009

Udyr can chain stun and solo you and your tower at level 6... and knock anytower over as fast as a lvl 11 Tryn. The new Udyr is crazy and I got stuck against them in the last 2 games where we only had 2v5 due to 3 leavers and 4v5 and it sucked. I got stuck soloing Udyr and Tristi he would stun me near the tower pop turtle take near no dmg and retreat tristy would then shoot me rinse and repeat nothing I can do by level 7 he was simply running up hitting me ignoring the tower popping stun and then turtle taking more damage as he got hit more but there was still nothing the tower and myself could do to stop him. The guy atleast needs a decent cd on his stances... Stance dancing is a form of OP like it or not. Especially when the effects from each stance are pretty powerful.

Shillen

12-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayceJa View Post
yea, what i meant was, i know he was bad, of course he was, but he was not QUITE as bad as people said, and IF he was over buffed, that would be why
No he was pretty **** awful. I mean it would be hard to make a champ that was worse. He definitely was not overhyped. He was terrible. The problem is they gave him a massive buff so he's nearly a good champion, then they put this insane buff on top of that when he only needed a minor one. I mean there was a massive thread thanking Riot for making Udyr viable again. I didn't see people *****ing about how bad he was still. So this massive buff was not warranted or asked for.

MuscleMemory

12-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurelia View Post
Hi Everyone!

Udyr
Turtle Stance: Damage Absorption increased to 80 135 190 245 300 from 65 110 155 200 245.
Phoenix Stance: While Phoenix Stance's activation effect is active, Udyr's ability power is increased by 24/36/48/60/72 and attack damage is increased by 12/18/24/30/36.
Monkey's Agility: This effect will now stay stacked if you keep swapping abilities.
Cooldowns
Shared cooldown lowered from 2.5 to 1.5.
Shared ability cooldown will only apply to abilities with cooldowns less than it.
Udyr got buffed again

this is in the TR right now

Barbedwire

12-24-2009

****ing ridiculous.

He doesn't need any buff -let alone for turtle stance stance ROFL

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayceJa View Post
even IF he was overpowered, its because he was over-hyped as being bad, so much worse than he really was and you have the community to blame for it

i have not found udyr to be overpowered in any games though, played him once in a pretty balanced game, his stuns were pretty annoying, and he took a little while to drop, but he was easily dealt with
correct.

Udyr was underpowered, but he wasn't terrible.

Now Udyr is quite good, but he's not overpowered. his tanking ability is massive, but his damage output is meh.

only problem I have with udyr is that he can tank really well with turtle without even putting any AP into it.

I'd appreciate better AP scaling in exchange for worse initial stats on turtle. It's too available to an udyr with no AP, and there isn't enough of an incentive to get AP unless, like me, you turtle/pheonix spam from level 1.

holySpork

12-24-2009

Udyr is neither over or underpowered at the moment. He is kind of a jack of all trades hero that can do everything well. He does not excel at anything except being a suport tank with a nice stun and a great holder for locket. I have never had any real trouble dealing with one. I personally think these threads are just disgruntled people looking for something to complain about.

trailgaze

12-24-2009

Udyr is not OP. The only reason he can solo so well is because people are so used to using their spells to hurt their targets early game. He has absolutly no range, and even with bear form, he shouldnt be able to reach you, and if you see him change into bear you know he cant use turtle for a few seconds so nuke him then. WAit till his turtle shield is down before nuking him. Despite his turtle stance and a healthsteal item at the start of the game he still doesnt regain health that fast unless your letting him auto attack. Any ranged should kill him solo if you use his lack of ranged/cc to your advantage.
I understand pheonix form getting a buff because as it stands now IMO its completly useless in late game.

Jooce

12-24-2009

He's definitely fun, but I haven't seen him OP.

What I would like to know is why to lvl 1 Udyr's go at it in bear form charging each other, yet the other one ALWAYS gets his stun off. Is this lag? I swear it didn't matter if I hit bear charge before him or after him, we both run to each other but his stun always landed, every time. Not even like sometimes him sometimes me lol.

But back on subject, I haven't seen a game where Udyr was the reason a team won. He's got a good mix of carry, utility, and tanking wrapped into one. Like any new champion, since people don't understand him they will be quick to call OP>

Knaan

12-24-2009

Udyr only seems overpowered because no one knows how to deal with him. Whenever I solo mid as him against people like pirate or viegar etc. they make it WAY too obvious when they will baleful/parrley me. They just walk towards me and cast it, and one click on turtle for me and the spell is blocked. They never learn either, they dont even try to disguise their nukes....I stay full hp in mid for a good 10 minutes against noobs like that, it isnt hard to shut down udyr, just dont make it painfully obv when you nuke. And no, he isn't overpowered, his team fight ability is mediocre, but his chasing is definitely one of the best