OS X Mavericks Bug

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IrishCross88

10-24-2013

Hi guys, I'm having a similar problem. Whenever I try to enter a match, my loading screen takes forever to build up to 100% then just disconnects before even entering the game. The client suggests I take a look at my Firewall, but thats not the issue since I allow incoming connections from League already. I did not have this problem whatsoever before upgrading to Mavericks. My system specs are:

15" MacBook Pro, early 2011
Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6490M 256 MB

Mcgreggor

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCross88 View Post
Hi guys, I'm having a similar problem. Whenever I try to enter a match, my loading screen takes forever to build up to 100% then just disconnects before even entering the game. The client suggests I take a look at my Firewall, but thats not the issue since I allow incoming connections from League already. I did not have this problem whatsoever before upgrading to Mavericks. My system specs are:

15" MacBook Pro, early 2011
Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6490M 256 MB
Hello my friend

your specs seem fine to run the game but most likely this is an issue involving your internet connection or the port iinvolved

do you use wireless or direct link... please post make and model of router so i can better trouble shoot these connectivity issues

we will work through this man

MrFungb

10-24-2013

I don't know if this help. I had the same problems after i updated to the Mavericks, but then i tried to change the window mode from full screen to borderless in the video setting. It works for me, it goes back to 60FPS. Hope this would help you guys.

*Macbook Pro 15" retina

Icesplice54

10-24-2013

I am having the same issues. Ive got a fully loaded 2012 Macbook Pro RD (that isn't arefurb)with the auto graphics switching turned off (on the high performance chip all the time). Before Mavericks I had a constant 60 fps, but after Mavericks It fluctuates a lot but mainly it hovers around 20 fps. I think my settings are on high and anti aliasing is off. I know Apple changed some graphics stuff in Mavericks (also including OpenCL) so maybe just a League update is needed? Ultimately, I can still play so that's great, but I know my friend has been crashing a lot after the OS upgrade so hopefully this will be a quick update that Riot has been working on since Mavericks was announced... Fingers Crossed.

Mcgreggor

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icesplice54 View Post
I am having the same issues. Ive got a fully loaded 2012 Macbook Pro RD (that isn't arefurb)with the auto graphics switching turned off (on the high performance chip all the time). Before Mavericks I had a constant 60 fps, but after Mavericks It fluctuates a lot but mainly it hovers around 20 fps. I think my settings are on high and anti aliasing is off. I know Apple changed some graphics stuff in Mavericks (also including OpenCL) so maybe just a League update is needed? Ultimately, I can still play so that's great, but I know my friend has been crashing a lot after the OS upgrade so hopefully this will be a quick update that Riot has been working on since Mavericks was announced... Fingers Crossed.
I know i sound like im beating a horse with a dead stick but after your OS switch most likely your preferences have been restored to default.

Make sure you go to the energy saver option in system preferences and select higher performance this might be the simple fix you need.

Also try reducing the environment quality and effect quality in game this might help a bit.

I recommend repairing your disk permissions in disk utility and downloading idefrag to defragment your HD this generally causes quite a boost in performance and has helped a couple people i know with the FPS dropping.

let me know if this helps

SchlottMachine

10-24-2013

I'm having the same issues too. I have a 2012 15" Macbook Pro. When I'm just running around in game I get 60 fps(my normal) but whenever any action goes on(even minions fighting) i drop to 30 fps or lower. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SchlottMachine

10-24-2013

I solved it.....
-Go to system Pref
-Go to Energy Saver
-Click the box in the top left hand corner that says automatic graphics switching

Hope it helps

Mcgreggor

10-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchlottMachine View Post
I solved it.....
-Go to system Pref
-Go to Energy Saver
-Click the box in the top left hand corner that says automatic graphics switching

Hope it helps
Good fix

Some Older MBP's dont have this option though :/

Its still the same sequence for Older series instead you just click the High Performance tab to do it.

anyway yeah this fix will generally work on newer models

ElecVio

10-24-2013

I have a Macbook Pro Retina, Mid 2012 Model. After updating to Maverick OS X I have had continuous lag spikes and during the game the "Attempting to Reconnect" window pops up on the screen. Then League of Legends doesn't respond to anything I do, but I can see that the game is still running cause the creeps are moving and other players are moving. My champion doesn't respond to anything and just stands there. And then after 5 to 7 seconds it returns back to normal. This happens every 30 seconds to every minute. I played a custom game with just bots and the problem still persists. I am trying to clean reinstall league of legend. Also, I reinstalled Mountain Lion OS X on my laptop and tried league of legends and it worked perfectly. so I'm thinking it is Maverick OS X Problem.

Parsa

10-24-2013

Hey guys,

I haven't updated my MBP yet but as I am readying these comments I will hold on to it until Riot fixs all the lag and the issues. Currently I am running 10.8 OS X and I am happy with what I have. Therefore I suggest to people to DO NOT uopdate you MBP unless you really want to. Riot has to take their time and look through the OS to make sure their client works properly! Again, if you don't want to deal with any issues DO NOT UPDATE!

P.S. I hope you guys get your issues fixed!

Cheers