Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

PBE Limited Access & The effects on YouTube LoL News Channels

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChaostormHD

10-22-2013

Hello, my name is Brendan my online alias is Chaosstorm and I run the YouTube channel "CapturedHD" I cover PBE content similar to sites like "Surrenderat20" but instead I do everything via commentary/gameplay. My channel like many others are my lively hood, when the news dropped about limited PBE access I looked at it mostly positive other than the fact that having this feature will ruin many YouTube channels and sites that cover PBE content for a living, and of course being able to do this for a living means we can put more time and effort into our content. (Video talking about the issue http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUp2zUbpzPw)

The only bit of good news I have been able to find was a quote from a rioter that said; When asked if sites like Surrender at 20 - news sites covering PBE updates - will only have temp accounts, RiotNinjaTabby replied:
"Don't worry, we will make sure that these kinds of community sites can still function." (Found from Surrenderat20 website)

If we could get some more information on this issue, such as will there be a way to apply for permanent access? Do we need to contact Riot and if so how can we do so? Knowing any info would put allot of people at ease.

Thank you for your time.

Uqu

10-22-2013

Lets hope riot does see this!

ChaostormHD

10-22-2013

Quote:
Neforix:
Lets hope riot does see this!

yes indeed

justix555

10-22-2013

Riot should make an application for people that help community by showing PBE news etc..,you fill the info somehow prove that website/channel is yours and they give you access.

ChaostormHD

10-22-2013

Quote:
justix555:
Riot should make an application for people that help community by showing PBE news etc..,you fill the info somehow prove that website/channel is yours and they give you access.

That sounds like a great idea! I think proving yourself would be easy, considering most of us has a business email.

AlmondFruit

10-22-2013

A "normal player" application and a "news" application to tell the people what's happening on the PBE would be nice for everyone (the players who aren't on the PBE and the people covering it.)

ChaostormHD

10-22-2013

Quote:
AlmondFruit:
A "normal player" application and a "news" application to tell the people what's happening on the PBE would be nice for everyone (the players who aren't on the PBE and the people covering it.)

yeah News/Media tab would be cool

MasterWaheed

10-22-2013

honestly i dont know what to say.... :O
this is weird and people that got pbe first should have access and plus its important to some youtubers(like in the video)
bump!!

Nechro

10-22-2013

Wishing you and all the other youtubers luck Chaos!

ChaostormHD

10-22-2013

Quote:
Nechro:
Wishing you and all the other youtubers luck Chaos!

Thanks man ^^