Range indicators while using SmartCast?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Drippy Sink

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-15-2010

How do you get to see the range indicators for skills?

I tried SmartCasting with Mundo and had to feel my way through the match while using my Cleavers, fortunately I'm very familiar with Mundo and had a decent idea of how far his Cleavers would reach.

Anyone know, or can anyone tell me?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

auralzz

Senior Member

12-15-2010

hover over the skill with mouse on your bar.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Drippy Sink

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-15-2010

But I've seen in Livestreams what looked like players using Smartcast with the range-indicator rings visible while their cursor was out near their target.

Is that a setting that I'm overlooking or something?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

whocare5boutname

Senior Member

12-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grisaang View Post
But I've seen in Livestreams what looked like players using Smartcast with the range-indicator rings visible while their cursor was out near their target.

Is that a setting that I'm overlooking or something?
no, as far as I know that's not possible, since with smartcast the spell will be cast the moment you press the button, so the range indicator can't show up

those streamers where either not using smartcast, or some kind of customization I don't know about

<- uses smartcast on QWER


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShaShouX

Senior Member

12-15-2010

people get used to it...
just learn your skills
and you'll know the range
and eventually, after playing every champion so much, you'll learn their range
and their projectile speed
so you know you can cleaver a nidalee in the face before her spear pierces through your regenerating body.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Drippy Sink

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-15-2010

Oh, ok.

Well, ****...

How are you supposed to judge the range of skillshots and stuff if you can't see how far it can reach?

=/

Meeehhh! That's kinda dumb. There should be an option to like, hold the button for the skill to get the range indicator ring to show, and then the skill fires/activates when you release the button.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Drippy Sink

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaShouX View Post
people get used to it...
just learn your skills
and you'll know the range
and eventually, after playing every champion so much, you'll learn their range
and their projectile speed
so you know you can cleaver a nidalee in the face before her spear pierces through your regenerating body.
Yeah, well I can pretty much do it with Mundo. I was thinking more for characters I'm unfamiliar with.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

whocare5boutname

Senior Member

12-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grisaang View Post
How are you supposed to judge the range of skillshots and stuff if you can't see how far it can reach?
well, I guess that's part of the skill cap for effectively using smartcast


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shawabawa

Senior Member

12-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grisaang View Post
Meeehhh! That's kinda dumb. There should be an option to like, hold the button for the skill to get the range indicator ring to show, and then the skill fires/activates when you release the button.
Wouldn't that basically be non-smartcast?

I don't get smartcast, I absolutely hate it. Can't play karthas because of it :/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Drippy Sink

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawabawa View Post
Wouldn't that basically be non-smartcast?

I don't get smartcast, I absolutely hate it. Can't play karthas because of it :/
Nah, just something to help you get used to the skill's range, and then once you get it down you wouldn't have/need to hold the button and could just use the smartcast as intended.

Eh, whatever.