Gangplank was the OP, still the OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Absol

12-23-2009

Remember back in beta when everybody had runes? And everybody complained that he was OP? Yeah, Riot never addressed the issue. Then the gangplank is OP hype died down because runes were erased. Guess what Riot! Gangplank is still OP. I love how Gangplank is critting for 300+ in lane with a parley.

Raz0r

12-23-2009

i have to agree with this, back in beta he had 1100 crits, but that went away and we all forgot about it till now. im not sure how they can nerf it too much tho cause he wouldnt have great damage then, just tired of seeing the 5 avarice blade build being so succeful...

SlyGoat

12-23-2009

It's okay guys, crit damage runes were nerfed by like 10%.

Oh, but then they added Sword of the Occult.

Hmm.

Pieceofcandy

12-23-2009

OP = Only Pirate

Raz0r

12-23-2009

50.61 form runes
10 from masteries
25 from Infity edge
2 to 40 percent on Sword of occult.
crit damage is a lil out of control right now imo :P

P.S keep sheen, or shacos blink attack/deceve or trydameres crit damage stacks in mind too.

EchoRex

12-23-2009

So basically, any carry that farms and is fed can crit for ridiculous amounts with a ludicrously expensive IP cost page of runes.

Crimsonwhirlwind

12-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7 View Post
So basically, any carry that farms and is fed can crit for ridiculous amounts with a ludicrously expensive IP cost page of runes.
Gangplank's more op than they are. Gangplank has easy farm with a low cd low mana farm move. He can crit for over 1K every four seconds with golem and blue pot. No other burst damager can do that. Gangplank is OP.

Best Janna NA

12-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absol View Post
Remember back in beta when everybody had runes? And everybody complained that he was OP? Yeah, Riot never addressed the issue. Then the gangplank is OP hype died down because runes were erased. Guess what Riot! Gangplank is still OP. I love how Gangplank is critting for 300+ in lane with a parley.
I agree

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonwhirlwind View Post
Gangplank's more op than they are. Gangplank has easy farm with a low cd low mana farm move. He can crit for over 1K every four seconds with golem and blue pot. No other burst damager can do that. Gangplank is OP.
doesn't that damage splash with tiamat? so he does 1k damage every 4 seconds and 500 damage around that target?

Tyrfang

12-24-2009

Tiamat's splash is incredibly useless for gangplank. I've tried it a few times when we're ahead and you're better off with almost any other DPS item. The range is just too small to rely on, although I can see it might be useful in the rare occasion that the other team is entirely composed of tanks and melee dps.

Use barrage for AoE, parley to focus/harass.

Anyway, I don't think gangplank is OP, but he's my main, so take that how you want.

Parley is his only way of causing any reliable damage until late game when he turns into a melee physical dps. He's actually not that much of a threat without barrage since parley only hits once per ~4-6 seconds with cooldown reduction. He also has almost no pushing power and sucks in 1v1 situations. If you catch gangplank between lanes, he's basically a free kill, unless you're under-leveled or it's late-game and he's geared out.

He's more of a support hero similar to Sivir, but with less pushing/farming power and better single target damage.

EDIT: Come to think of it though, I almost never come across an enemy gangplank. Happens maybe once every 10+ games.