During your first months of League, which champion did you consider OP?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Still Eternity

10-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxki View Post
Akali.

Whenever I saw Akali, I lost all hope and cried real tears.
I still get those bad feels when I see Akali today. Because there are only two reasons Akali ever gets played.

1: Akali is OP and everyone is abusing for freelo.

2: This guy mains Akali and is therefore OP, regardless of her actual Balance status.

Thanias1

10-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolperson109 View Post
Cho'gath, "he heals as he kills minions and his Q does so much damage when you build AP"
*Everything does so much damage when you build ap. You get about a 1k true damage ult, 200+ magic damage in an aoe on basic attacks, and don't get me started on the W xD

RagingDonger

10-20-2013

(1) OLd Eve was a nightmare and the most frustrating champion to play against. Stealth into multi-stun was no joke. She was number 1 for me and for many others as well. She was also esay to get fed since pink wards were scarcely used and she would always pack an oracle (permanent back then) and circum-navigate your wards or simply farm them up.

(2)OLd Jax will 1 v 3 after minute 35 so you were forced to end games early or gank him into oblvion.

(3) Old Tryndamere was an afk farm champion. Similar to the split-push nuisance you see these days but just chilling in the jungle. Back then Jungle was good currency so he'd afk 20 mins as we stomp his team 4 v 5 then he'd show up, geared down and ready to faceroll, and faces rolled.

(4)Also Twitch in one of those Morgana + Kayle comps of old, The Old ADC hits everyone but cannot be CC'd or damaged even though he's at the toes of our cc tanks. (Morgan shield negates all CC until the shield absorbs the breakpoint in magic damage, Kayle's Shield negated all damage. The net result was an invulnerabe hyper carry going ape-ish on your Hp bars and you couldn't retaliate). Morgana was considered OP for a long while because of her CC negation and to make matters worse, Kayle was one of the God carries at that time so both were common picks.

wall 534

10-20-2013

Jayce, but to be fair, he was OP when i started

The telephone

10-20-2013

when I played my first game against bots, There was a veigar. With it, he was fed so fast he got 1k ap and then proceeded to e w q us to death. I thought that his stun combo was the most overpowered thing in existence.`

Asatorrr

10-20-2013

I remember one game I was playing with some friends in a custom, he went fizz mid, I went veigar...I couldn't figure out why my ult wouldnt cast...trickster OP

that and everybody has a first experience going against Riven

eaglei3

10-20-2013

Pretty sure I started playing around the time of Darius' release. So since I was new, and he was what I thought of as pretty strong on his release, I go with Darius.

Mormpooid

10-20-2013

I thought master yi was annoying, but I got into this game because of experienced friends, and they assured me he's only like that in low level games, so I believed them

he was annoying as **** for a long time leveling up still

Roar of Typhon

10-20-2013

Master Yi bot was a nightmare when I started. I remember discussing which champ to buy with my friends because HE'S IMMUNE TO SLOWS AND GETS AWAY REALLY FAST I NEED HARD CC DANG IT.

Also, Fiddlesticks. I knew barely a tenth of the champs and had no idea of the roles so one day in a bot game I was farming and CAW CAW CAW CAW CAW.

...I bought him right after. Crowstorm OP :|

runaxs

10-20-2013

how can now one think old ryze was not OP, if old ryze found you 1v1 anywhere on the map you were dead he was like malz now but all he had to use was his ult he didn't have to chain any abilities just ult you and you went from 100-0