Old St. Zilean Limited Edition Skin on Sale Now

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cosmic Power

12-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by j oliver View Post
There will be more Zilean skins in the future for all the Zilean players out there. That being said, if you want this specific limited edition skin, 975 RP is the price, and you will only be able to purchase it through Sunday. Like several users mentioned on earlier threads on this topic, the users who did/do make the purchase will always have this skin to use, and it won't be as prevalent in-game as say the Nightmare Cho'Gath skin, which adds to its rarity.
Poorly valued skins rarely show up in games, that's true.

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

12-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by j oliver View Post
This skin is limited because it is only going to be offered through this Sunday. We will do something similar for Tristana's holiday skin next weekend. The others are available throughout the event. We will frequently offer special limited edition skins alongside events, while also continuing to add to our general selection of skins (ie Ninja Master Yi, Nightmare Cho'Gath, etc)
Does that mean that the other holiday skins will not be coming back next year? So they are "limited edition" too, just around for purchase slightly longer? I'm a little confused.

jasonoliver

Senior Business Development Manager

12-23-2009
4 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexe View Post
Does that mean that the other holiday skins will not be coming back next year? So they are "limited edition" too, just around for purchase slightly longer? I'm a little confused.
All of this year's Snowdown Showdown skins are limited. The Nidalee, Teemo and Nunu skins were/are available during the entire event. Zilean skin is only available for 5 days this week and Tristana skin is only available for 5 days next week (based on the schedule previously announced). Next year, we will be releasing brand new skins for the Snowdown Showdown. Thus, all of these skins are limited edition, just that Zilean and Tristina are available for smaller windows of time. So if you want the Zilean skin, make sure you head to the store and grab it before the weekend ends.

kcuf

12-23-2009

By any chance could you make a bundle pack, this would be a lot easier.

icevalk

12-23-2009

I was dead set on buying this until I saw the price; 975RP is very expensive. For that price I'd want the time bombs to be xmas presents.

Cosmic Power

12-23-2009

I'm not sure what is worse. Telemarketers or Strategic Marketing Managers.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

12-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Power View Post
I'm not sure what is worse. Telemarketers or Strategic Marketing Managers.
People who can't move on.

Sefam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2009

If the Tristana skin is this pricey, I will be very disappointed in Riot's marketing issu--- I mean, strategies.

=|

Quote:
Originally Posted by EncasedShadow View Post
People who can't move on.
People who actually bought this skin.

Stexe

Adjudicator

12-23-2009

I do find it a little too expensive, but it isn't a complaint. If they want to charge a lot then by all means charge a lot -- I'm sure sales will reflect it. Plus, it also makes it more unique and special.

Personally, I'd instantly buy it if I used Zilean anymore, but I haven't used him since the beta. I'll probably still buy it anyway, just because I'm a completionist and like to have everything, but eh...

melek

12-24-2009

I bought Zilean and chalked it up to supporting the devs by tricking out my favorite hero

And here I thought I'd never spend any money on this game... darn you, strategic marketing! DARN YOOUU

1234567 ... 9