Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Skarner Rework coming to PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valenten

10-18-2013

Quote:
RiotScruffy:
I see a few comments about the Q attack speed being very low. This may actually be the case, but as far as our testing goes (and just some theorycrafting math) he has way more uptime on the 8-24% attack speed than he had for the old 50% attack speed that was reliant on the shield. Overall he gets in more autos per fight leading to more cooldown reduction from the passive.

Also, there were a few big gains for him from removing the heal from the E. We were able to lower the mana cost and add higher base and higher AP ratios to the W shield. Let me know if you are having a hard time surviving in the jungle, because I was clearing it with nearly no damage taken.

Once the PBE is updated we will get a ton of good info when we all start playing him.

when is he coming to the PBE?

Sightless66

10-18-2013

Quote:
RiotScruffy:
I see a few comments about the Q attack speed being very low. This may actually be the case, but as far as our testing goes (and just some theorycrafting math) he has way more uptime on the 8-24% attack speed than he had for the old 50% attack speed that was reliant on the shield. Overall he gets in more autos per fight leading to more cooldown reduction from the passive.

Also, there were a few big gains for him from removing the heal from the E. We were able to lower the mana cost and add higher base and higher AP ratios to the W shield. Let me know if you are having a hard time surviving in the jungle, because I was clearing it with nearly no damage taken.

Once the PBE is updated we will get a ton of good info when we all start playing him.

Skarner getting more autos per fight is pretty concrete information. I'm glad to hear about how exactly this seems to be affecting him. Information about results is very nice to have.

I don't think Skarner should have any problem surviving in the jungle following the E change. His Q having the attack speed will help his early clear times, and the lower mana use will allow for more spamming of abilities. Honestly, since a ton of junglers didn't even level E, I don't see removing the heal from it as being likely to affect his early clear even slightly. However, I am slightly concerned about the removal of the heal from the late game Skarner. It gave him a significant source of sustain in fights, which added to his tankiness. For the proposed kit, Skarner's tankiness seems to be taking a hit because while the shield values have gone up and the CD has gone down, they probably won't make up for the heal loss. This is obviously a bit of a trade off he gets for a longer-range initiation, as well as a better shield to help preserve his movement speed longer, but the tankiness loss is worth keeping an eye on.

Baby Ringtail

10-18-2013

Quote:
Eludeasaurus:
so looking forward to this rework, i want to be able to play my little scorpion without feeling useless with only 3 abilities compared to 4.

to people complaining his heal getting removed is bad.

His E was completly useless anyways.

How was his E useless? In jungle it was his main source of sustain, and for me who enjoys Skarner top because of his insane duel potential it was the main reason he was so potent at 1v1. While fighting an enemy top laner you would just throw your E at them and as many minions as possible and throw your Q out and it gave you a ridiculous amount of health back.

doomleika

10-18-2013

Quote:
SuperBad:
Cool changes and all, but imo it still won't make skarner a good pick. The Q slow was pretty much the best thing he had. He doesn't have a knockup/knockback like J4 or Vi, or massive damage early/gap closers like Elise or Lee Sin, all he had was that ability to keep you slowed. Sure he can get to you a bit faster now but he has 1 mediocre slow the entire time (with a very short width hitbox to add) so if you miss it or anything you wasted time and probably wont even get an AA off. Feels like a shyvana to me but with 1 unreliable slow. Youl pretty much need redbuff to gank successfully unless your laner is like annie and has a 1.75 second stun

His slow from Q is major frustration when fighting Scarner.

I remember fighting with skarner as melee makes no sense. Either you loses and gets perma slow to death or you wins and get's slowed and can't catch him.

30%~50% slow over 2.5 sec over 1000 range is huge, I think this change is better.

Baby Ringtail

10-18-2013

Quote:
RiotScruffy:

This is clearly only from the point of view of a jungle Skarner. =[ The heal on his E is what made his such a beast duelist in a 1v1 top lane, and I feel like by removing that heal and the permaslow from his Q, he is now being limited to the jungle.

IS11d6327cb35cafc124891

10-18-2013

It look like a big nerf for me. I don't care because i already find him crâp so i don't play him, but is I have no idea why people find him op to deserve a nerf like that.

EyeMtheStron9est

10-18-2013

The heal removal and Q slowdown are huge nerfs on AP lane skarner.
Guess I have to move to a new champ now.

No more secret OP. : /

His old heal used to give about 200~600 heals every 4 seconds.

xChavo

Recruiter

10-18-2013

Keep heal pls or at least give him some form of sustain T^T

CateBaxter

10-18-2013

Scruffy I love you and these changes look wonderful. Even if the numbers aren't precise yet, there's always time to tune it. The kit itself seems great and I'm very excited to dust Skarner off again in the near future! You've earned a special place in my heart for the touch up you've done to one of my favorites.

Gammaran

10-18-2013

Quote:
RiotScruffy:

I dont think the clear will be the problem, Im sure the shield and atack speed will be enough to clear. What i want you to check is:

Dueling with anyone pre-3 or after 3 both with doublebuffs? Skarner needs to not be weak early due to his ganks now REALLY depending on a fast 6. If early junglers with gap closers are able to not only out pressure him, but mess with him in the jungle, i feel not only will his 6 be delayed, but his pressure will be none existent. The current attack speed is really nice to duel anyone and at least keep them off your side of the jungle. The on demand attack speed is really good for skirmishes. I feel from reading this changes he doesnt really have a way to stack quickly on his attack speed, or to lock the target down with the slow after the 2.5 slow.

Have you considered poking around this idea: Lowering the attack speed of the Q passive stacks, but when you activate W (or could be E or even Q), you consume the X amount of stacks for double the attack speed number for each stacks for X amount of time, after that time you lost the stacks and have to re-stack.

It would make Skarner players to think when is the right moment to get that key attack speed burst and it would make it really clear to the enemy team the window when Skarner is in "dont get close to me or i will pummel your face" mode and a clear window when he is good to jump on.

This change would make it a trade off too, do you want to speed up to get close fast, but posibly maim your dps due to using your W to gap close or do you rely on getting close but using your aspd steroid to maximize dps.

As he is with this changes i feel Skarner is pretty straight foward, you W to targets, you E them when in range and you mash your Q key as fast as you get the cooldown. If it fails, rinse are repeat later or in other lanes. There isnt much of a chance think outside of the box or really outplay your opponent, other than the E slow.

I also want to know how does he feels late game. For what i read here you should never jump on Skarner. He will lower his shield CD and ramp attack speed by hitting you. There is never really a window for you to get to him. Might just be me, ill be sure to try him after he hits PBE and try to provide my take on him.