Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Skarner Rework coming to PBE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1LsD1

10-18-2013

i cant understand the logic on this..he has attack speed buff to clear jungler easier so he maxs q
he is a tank so he needs w at teamfights so you max w after q
and you max e after w so he cant gank at early game = S
worst than the old skarner

Hellpyre

10-18-2013

Not digging the Q changes, honestly. It makes me (me personally, not everybody) feel worse about leveling his Shield, because the attack speed buff was a great part of that skill for me, plus I no longer get to have the luxury of having consistent sticking ability in exchange for the difficulties Skarner has getting close to his targets. Basically, I feel like I need to level fracture now to get any value out of my other skills, but I still don't enjoy it. I enjoyed his Q giving Skarner a significant area of threat, and I enjoyed his shield having great self-synergy for dueling or jungling. I certainly feel like his Fracture had to be changed, but it just doesn't feel any better now, because even though the gimmicky-feeling heal was removed, it took the slow I enjoyed and made it into something I do not. As far as my individual experience goes, the value added is outweighed by the value lost.

EDIT: LoL, I sound like I'm saying after playing it :P
This is just my impressions, just as they had been when the Rework thread finished up. I still think that this is attacking the core of Skarner's identity as a champion. It would be like making a Blitzcrank rework where his hook was revamped to be a knockback - same theoretical function, drasticly different play and feel.

Pro Anïvïa

10-18-2013

so in the end we did absolutely nothing about him having no one pointer ability?

guess we just have to deal with it being a mad dash for skill points early-mid. the attack speed seems way undertuned on Q too.

CaptReynolds

10-18-2013

Quote:
RiotScruffy:
I see a few comments about the Q attack speed being very low. This may actually be the case, but as far as our testing goes (and just some theorycrafting math) he has way more uptime on the 8-24% attack speed than he had for the old 50% attack speed that was reliant on the shield. Overall he gets in more autos per fight leading to more cooldown reduction from the passive.

... Let me know if you are having a hard time surviving in the jungle, because I was clearing it with nearly no damage taken...

I very much like the changes. It sucks when you try to initiate and your tiny shield gets popped. I don't see the jungle damage being an issue with the added shield health. I know most people don't even take E unless they're trying for an early dragon.

One thing I'd like to suggest. Have you thought about making the Q attack speed buff stack? I think that would add another aspect of gameplay to mitigate ludicrous scorpion claw speeds. Seeing him ramp up (as opposed to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L48e1iByzgU) would probably be a better feel. Of course I won't know until I try it but that's my two cents.

Hellpyre

10-18-2013

Quote:
CaptReynolds:

One thing I'd like to suggest. Have you thought about making the Q attack speed buff stack?

It does, right now. People are complaining about the end values even after it stacks being so low.

need4sleep

10-18-2013

it would be really fun and unique if his e could remove visible traps(zyra seeds, caitlins and nidalees, jinx), that would make him huge for some situations

Baby Ringtail

10-18-2013

"Fracture
-Mana cost reduced from 50/55/60/65/70 to 30/35/40/45/50
-Heal removed
-Targets hit are slowed by 30/35/40/45/50 for 2.5s
-Missile range increased 800->1000
-Missile width reduced 120->90"

This really concerns me. I know everything else in his kit is being buffed, but removing the heal is a HUGE blow to his 1v1 duel potential which he was extremely good at. I'd rather have everything else toned down and letting him keep his heal. =[

CommandShockwave

10-18-2013

Quote:
RiotScruffy:
I see a few comments about the Q attack speed being very low. This may actually be the case, but as far as our testing goes (and just some theorycrafting math) he has way more uptime on the 8-24% attack speed than he had for the old 50% attack speed that was reliant on the shield. Overall he gets in more autos per fight leading to more cooldown reduction from the passive.

I think that depends entirely on the situation. If he's able to freely attack someone the entire fight, yeah, this is probably true, but that 50% was a lot better in a more realistic situation where you only have a second or two to sit on the target before peel happens.

NeoScout

10-18-2013

looking nice, Still would love if fracture was more complex, but I can live with this

Baby Ringtail

10-18-2013

Quote:
Renzokuken:
-When target is hit, applies an attack speed buff for 6s that stacks up to 3 times 4/5/6/7/8

i dont clearly understand the bold part

the buff lasts 6 secs, that's clear
stacks up to 3 times, that's clear

but what does the last numbers mean?

I believe it means how much his attack speed is buffed with each stack depending on the level of the ability. Rank 1 his thing would stack by 4 8 12. Then rank 2 5 10 15. and so on.