Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Issues logging in or starting games?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

10-18-2013

Hey all, I've been working on some changes that might cause unintended side effects for some players. I would super appreciate it if you post if you see the following symptoms:

* When you try to login, you receive an unexpected platform error (not an incorrect password, anything having to do with login queue, etc.)
* When you get to the end of champion select, everyone kinda just chills there - the client never minimizes and the game never launches.
* The game DOES launch, but the icon just hangs there, then you get a firewall message.

If you see any of the above symptoms, I'd love to hear it. Thanks!

SlVIR

10-18-2013

hi jozrael !

stop using adobe air. it is noob!

AmpzxP

10-18-2013

Everything works fine until the end of champ select, the client minimizes fine but when players are loading into the game crashes

AlexKnight

10-18-2013

Quote:
AmpzxP:
Everything works fine until the end of champ select, the client minimizes fine but when players are loading into the game crashes

This happens quite a bit for me as of late.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

10-18-2013

Can you please clarify what you guys mean by crashing? What error message or other behavior are you seeing?

AmpzxP

10-18-2013

The game will stop loading and i'll get an error message saying "The game crashed please reconnect" but when I try to reconnect I get the same message. Closing and re-opening the client fixed the problem

Dreaminn

10-18-2013

Quote:
Jozrael:
Can you please clarify what you guys mean by crashing? What error message or other behavior are you seeing?

Yep Game crashes trying to reconnect. I think though this is an issue with windows 8.1 and not what your messing with as I dont experiance any of those issues. When game loads up I just bugsplat and it kicks me back to the base client.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

10-18-2013

Yea sorry I don't have any context on those issues. I'm sure other teams are investigating that tho! I'm pretty focused on a specific set of code right now.

leelinkman22

10-18-2013

wrong forum. My bad.

Ruffalex

10-20-2013

Quote:
Jozrael:

I had that problem , I do not know if it is the same but Lolrecorder made me do that same thing, " please reconnect" then crashing. You must completely exit lolrecorder. Atleast that's what happened to me. I hope this helped you .
~ Ruffalex