Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Bots playing Dominion (advanced bots)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rebonack

12-04-2013

This would actually be really easy for Riot to fix. Just make it so you get no XP/IP for losing a Co-Op Vs AI game. Since bots lose a good chunk of their games it would make account farming more or less impossible.

CircleTurtle

12-05-2013

Just a circumvention, but they seem very rare—at least for me—during the normal play hours of the day, and only mostly show up past midnight or so, suggesting that you could just play during peak hours for your first win needs and dodge the bots.

OR YOU CAN JUST 1V5. ADVERSITY BUILDS... STUFF.

xkhiemster

12-12-2013

i've dodged games where all my teammates were bots. it's getting ridiculous.

Special Agent D

01-08-2014

So I just clicked PvP dominion and played with 9 bots. What. The. ****.

Special Agent D

01-08-2014

This is redic. I have not played a game bot free in ages.

Special Agent D

01-08-2014

Let me clarify, this is NOT co-op vs ai. I am being swarmed by bots playing Pvp Dominion. For ****s sake, I get the penalty for dodging because I don't want to play with 9 ****ing bots. I want to play with real ****ing people.

FinalFan

01-08-2014

Goddamn, I thought these were bots put in by Riot to fill in when there weren't enough players. If they are bots made by other players then RIOT CAN AND DOES DETECT THESE BOTS YET CHOOSES TO DO NOTHING!

I was denied IP because of "too few human players" in a Co-Op vs. AI match. This proves that Riot knows about and is detecting the bots.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=44240141#post44240141

Xolo

01-11-2014

Looks like the bots are spilling out into real games too, as I just had one on my team on a smurf account.

Melon Reaper

01-12-2014

Quote:
Xolo:
Looks like the bots are spilling out into real games too, as I just had one on my team on a smurf account.

I just had two bots in my pvp dominion game. On my lvl 8 account, my ally heimer noticed that two of my allies had similar names as noted in this thread, both started t2 boots, and had ghost/heal. We won and blitz bot was #2 ranked on our team though. Trinity Force + Gunblade Blitz wrecked the enemy team.

KaWraith

01-13-2014

Quote:
FinalFan:
Goddamn, I thought these were bots put in by Riot to fill in when there weren't enough players. If they are bots made by other players then RIOT CAN AND DOES DETECT THESE BOTS YET CHOOSES TO DO NOTHING!

I was denied IP because of "too few human players" in a Co-Op vs. AI match. This proves that Riot knows about and is detecting the bots.

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=44240141#post44240141

You were denied IP because there were "too few human players OR the match lasted less than 7 minutes".
I have played and won with 4 "bots" on my team, and I still got IP... I have also played with 4 humans on m team and won a match in under 7 minutes, and was denied IP.

Riot knows about the bots, but they are not detecting them and denying you IP... if they really were detecting them, they probably would have banned them by now.

Still no official word on what Riot pans to do about it (if anything)

see my thread (@MWAB this has got to stop) on the issue with a red reply from MWAB that he informed the appropriate Rioters about what was happening.