Ideas for the eventual Taric VU

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caldros

10-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
They're both good options, I guess it depends where we want to take him. Should he be an armored knight that likes gems? Or literally have his armor made of crystal? Or something totally different?
I think armor made of crystals would be over the top. I would keep the armor socketed with crystal look he has now, keep the giant crystal shoulders, the armor could have tiny crystals making up the trim of his armor. Although, I really like his current splash art so something close to that I'd be happy with. Could go either way on shield or not, 2 hander would be cool but his kit currently doesn't have the damage/threat usually that a 2 hander would imply. Please please please keep the cape on his base skin.

Gets Caught

10-18-2013

In my opinion, Taric is like the Liberace of champs. His lore seems to hint at him being gay (could be wrong), but with this in mind I think his VU could really run the gamut from Outrageous (Classic to Pink) to Serious (Bloodstone) with his skins.

In regards to his lore, the bit about his private life should be removed entirely or otherwise changed to something definitive. It causes needless speculation I think, moreover, as a gay gamer I would enjoy a "Gay" champion, just not a closeted one...excluding Ezreal of course.

Natsiya Waya

10-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanatsu View Post
I would like his Shatter skill to actually grow gems on the model changing his look to be more rough and bulkier.
^^ so much this..

Not saying his armor shouldn't be shiny as all get out and bedazzled all to hell, but having the protruding crystals grow when Shatter is off cooldown and exploding them would be awesome. Also, it would lose the need for the sorta outdated looking crystal halo thing. Although, for "readability" they'd have to be a bit outrageous.....so shouldn't be a problem right?
My 2 cents.

P.S. If you make him do a casual hair flip + superhero tooth sparkle on his laugh omgherz will I love you for ever.

Caveth

10-18-2013

Quote:
Soo.. yeah. Might have been looking at this for some reference.

That and the 3D model someone linked.

They're both good options, I guess it depends where we want to take him. Should he be an armored knight that likes gems? Or literally have his armor made of crystal? Or something totally different?
Taric must have gems; after all, they are truly outrageous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20BZID081Vk

Your Shadow

10-18-2013

He needs to keep his gem shield.

Please.

As for his armor, it should heavily incorporate gems and crystals, but not be made entirely from them.

Honestly, I really like his current armor. A set of platemail with an ornate chest piece and clusters of gemstones adorning the shoulders, gauntlets, tasset and legs.

Basically, I'd say take his current armor and make the gems more elaborate or dense.

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2013

I'd like to see the crystals really being a part of both the armor and the character but at the same time I'd like to see more function over form in his base design. I love the armor in Fire Emblem. It has a sleek and powerful look to it where the joints seem to fit seamlessly over the body.
See ex:
Name:  frederick.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  27.0 KB

A sleek and powerful design, incorporating Gemstones and a giant hammer. Yeah.

Pokeprof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-18-2013

Quote:

Honestly, I'd like to see Taric related to Skarner's people somehow. It seems to be a little weird that there's a warrior who uses gem and crystal as weapons and armor and just so happens to be in the same world as a Scorpion who's entire body is made of the stuff. Maybe

Baxtasan

10-18-2013

I really like the idea of gems getting bigger and more jagged in some capacity. I don't think he should go the skinny japanese look like some of these examples. The 3d model is an excellent start. More Gems. More glowing.

The shield suggestion a few pages back (W causes Taric to slam shield into the ground, shooting gems everywhere) was excellent and I also think all his armor should fly off while its on cool-down leaving him only in a gem encrusted loincloth.

Trazz

10-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wightraven View Post
It depends on what you're doing with his lore. If he's still from another world, play that up a bit. Have him look slightly less human. Not quite so far as Soraka, but just... otherworldly. The glowing eyes are a good start.

If you're NOT playing up the "another world" thing or are getting rid of it altogether, Siegfried's awesome ice armor is a way to go. Play up his gem socketing and all that.

Hammer and shield, two-handed hammer... I don't really care. The important thing not to change about Taric is his mood. He's kind of like Man of Steel Superman; an alien lost and alone from another world who wants to fight for the good of this one, but is still kind of melancholy and distant. As much as we like to laugh at him being camp gay (and a nod or two in the rework would be swell) having him become a joke character would do the man no credit.
The only thing making Taric a joke character is him being overnerfed. Taric has one of the most unique personalities in the game, and it should be left intact as much as possible IMO.

Yaddar

10-18-2013

Quote:

Armor made of crystal... you know he was into them before the crystal scar and Skarner (who BTW, needs interaction with him)

(traditionally) Diamonds are supposed to be the hardest material, but, as we saw with Skarner, (and to lesser extent, the earthrune skins) the crystals (diamonds, etc) are somewhat a living, magical thing within the forces of nature.

Make his armor move and evolve and transform with each W level (shield) or ulti level (the overall armor).. its like, the more time Taric spends with the crystals, the more power he is able to channel into his armor (and out of his armor, with shatter)