Ideas for the eventual Taric VU

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nanatsu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2013

Well if you do decide to make his whole armor out of nothing but crystals on the bright side you got an excuse to strip him naked just add a super outrageous pose.

reference: http://youtu.be/bkXJ8hKqtOA?t=28s

Helmight

10-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Soo.. yeah. Might have been looking at this for some reference.

That and the 3D model someone linked.

They're both good options, I guess it depends where we want to take him. Should he be an armored knight that likes gems? Or literally have his armor made of crystal? Or something totally different?
I think that as the Gem Knight of the League, Taric's armor should be composed of crystal. It shows his connection to the stones and marks him as a more otherworldly figure, which he is (unless that's getting retconned). It also would match his Shatter gems :P

Azerain

10-17-2013

Quote:

They're both good options, I guess it depends where we want to take him. Should he be an armored knight that likes gems? Or literally have his armor made of crystal? Or something totally different?
I'd prefer armored knight that likes gems. From his kit,(old better kit)I always thought he was supposed to be sort of a paladin, and maybe his visuals reflecting that a bit would be cool?

The Just Owner

10-17-2013

Quote:
I definitely think that his armor and weapons should have a lot of crystal integrated into the design - he is the "Gem Knight", after all. I think the US splash arts for Taric are a lot closer to what he should be than the Chinese art, in terms of the armor.

BelligerentGnu

10-17-2013

Quote:

I like the idea that his armor and weaponry sort of grow out of living crystal - like, maybe for his ult, he smashes his hammer into the ground, it shatters into shrapnel, and then a new one regrows in his hand. When he gets his W for the first time, a suit of crystal armor grows out of the ground to cover him. His death animation could have him falling to the ground, and smashing....like glass.

That said, if you touch his personality I will have to tar and de-feather you. He must remain outrageous. Truly, truly outrageous.

Fikule

10-17-2013

I like the current style of his hammer. I.e. Big and jagged. I'd love to see wispy spoke on the weapon the same colour as the gems in it (skin specific) that represents his passive damage. Getting more apparent in a mana intensive (damage) build.

I'd personally like him to have armour with gems in it. Love the idea of the armour improving with shatter. Also, the gem shards can of course look better. Something lissanda-like.

Part of me wants to keep his shield. Another part of me knows it does nothing except dazzle. I'd prefer a big two handed version of his current weapon and have dazzle fire from a central gem on his armour.

His ultimate has a very short cool down. It may be worth having something cool happen with his model when using it.

Corvo Cuervo

10-17-2013

Quote:

I think his crystals need to be localized to the most noticeable parts of his body - his weapon and shoulders.

The problem with covering him in gems is that he'll

A - Look like he's covered in ice
B - Suffering from some sort of hideously fabulous STD

http://i.imgur.com/ZxOwY.jpg

For example - When Garen activates his W, his pauldrons turn chrome, which is noticeable enough to see - Oh hey, he's got his steroid on, but not obnoxious enough to be distracting.

Edit: But srsly. Jeweled codpiece.

Dark Binding

10-18-2013

I appreciate that Taric is going to get a visual update (and I can't wait, considering I've always wanted to play him but was always put off by his triangle feet. Aesthetics are important )

However, do you think we'll see one for Morgana, Ironstylus?

NA Rukhron

10-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollverlord View Post
I could go either way on the cape.
The cape is the main reason I use Emerald Taric over any other skin.

dustwind

10-18-2013

I've been thinking about Taric's VU on and off for awhile, and I had some thoughts on changing how his abilities look even though they're functionally still the same. As much as Taric is depicted as a defender in his profile, his in game persona shows a fondness for gems that match it, and it feels wrong that he destroys his gems, even if in an effort to stop the enemy.

For his Shatter ability, once he puts a point into it, his shouldergems gain a small glow for the aura effect, and various gems float around him like Ahri's Foxfire etc while the ability is off cooldown. Upon activating Shatter, the gems fly out at nearby enemies fly out and hit nearby targets, lodging themselves into their armour.

For Radiance, I feel the cast animation for his Imbue ability should be used instead, raising his weapon high (in perhaps a more exaggerated way to telegraph the move), unleashing it's power and shooting blinding light out nearby enemies. The circular aura waves would remain, and his weapon would like it's gone super saiyan.

For the Imbue cast animation, rather than aim up like healing spells generally do, he could point his weapon towards the target.

All of this hinges on his visual not changing so much as to not be able to support it, a long with the moves being the same or similar, but in general the idea's could still transfer over to any changes. As an aside I hate his hair and would love to see it much shorter, but I'm not so sure that will ever happen. In general I'm not a fan of longer hair on males, especially in LoL, and Taric and Jarvan's model (albeit they're both in need of an update) do nothing to sway me from this opinion.