Ideas for the eventual Taric VU

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nuclear Dragon

10-19-2013

Is his point, click, and stun here to stay? Or do you have an idea of whether or not Riot's new vision of the cast will do away with that and give him a skill-shot instead?

Brent Rambo II

10-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critmaster Garen View Post
if you had just payed this much attention to garens vu...
But he's low risk, remember?

There's no way you could mess up Garen. Especially not by destroying his body proportions and giving him a microscopic head

Minkle

10-19-2013

Visual wise, His armor should be "Full Plate" with crystals on it/growing out of it. (Maybe a "Full Crystal" skin for Taric someday?)

He really needs to keep his tiara, and still be left handed.

I like Taric's shield as a symbol of being a defensive knight type champ, but I hate how he handles it. Strapped to his arm/ growing out of his armor would be sweet. the idea of tying it to his shield is pretty smexy too.

Minkle

10-19-2013

I enjoy Taric's new passive, especially compared to his old "Mana-steal" one. (That had some synergy with old ult, but really needed to go). The new one encourages me to buy both Ruby's and Saphires and creates unique itemization and some REALLY POWERFUL Item paths. (though he can't charge a tear to save his life... trust me, I've tried).

Giving him the ability do deal damage is nice, and I understand that you're working on a massive overhaul of how fighters work, but it you touch his kit, it would be nice to give him either a little bit of gap close or sticking power wrapped in his kit. Taric is a support/fighter now, and it would be nice to be able to take him out for a spin in his off role on Summoner's Rift from time to time.

Thank you!

Avaela

10-19-2013

Maybe a Shane Co. skin for us Oregon players.

Maybe for a taunt have him say: "Across highway 217 across from the Washington Square mall, open weekdays till 8, saturday and sunday till 5. online at shaneco.com"

FabulousJeremy

10-19-2013

I know you guys are looking at a two handed weapon approach, but I think you should preserve the shield. It identifies his role as a protector of the weak and can actually be part of his character. I think rather than scrapping it you should give it more of a role, kind of like what you did with Leona's shield.

Basically my imagination is speaking that it should be a gem encrusted shield of a legendary status. Make the thing iconic. However the kicker I'm looking for is since Taric mostly uses his hammer for fighting, make all of his abilities revolve around the shield and give them very powerful effects.

For example, using Dazzle Taric could raise his shield fabulously and a spectrum of light can zoom out of it at his target. Also with his heal, his shield should have a glowing light radiating from the gems. And the shield should also visibly be the source of shatter, making it somewhat spiky even after all the spikes from it come off.

I think Taric's image should be as a paladin who loves gems. And I feel the shield is essential for that.

Sancta

10-19-2013

IronStylus, I have committed more than 700 ranked games to Taric over the course of my LoL career (not to count my many normal games). He is bar none my favorite champion even though Riot has nerfed him down heavily due to the lack of counterplay in his kit. The Charlie Sheen portrait rework for Taric disappointed me greatly and I hope that his model visual upgrade is a fabulous one.

Earlier, you stated whether he should be a knight who loves gems or have armor made entirely from gems. As such a Taric fan, I can say that I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE armor of gems. That would truly made Taric's look a very unique one.

Though I'm not too keen on the idea of him losing his shield except when Shatter is off cooldown. It means that he will not be able to bash opponents with his shield as part of his attack animations like he currently does and I highly favor SHIELD BASHING animations.

SailorJimmy

10-19-2013

here
Fabulous, yet Awesome

http://youtu.be/jGy5ZJ8cSUE?t=2m18s

If you can watch the entire vid it's worth it

BrandNameZombie

10-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsonkittens View Post
Reverse Taric. Hammer swings Taric's beautiful, masculine body at the enemy.
like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTk8vupA3kE

start at 3:40