@Riot Esports

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Purodyuusaa

10-17-2013

Since it's the off season, I'm wondering what kind of plans are in store for esports in S4. We've already been given clues of what we can expect as far as content in the game is concerned. I'm curious to see what's down the line here.

I ask because there seems to be a few unappreciated resources within the game. With the recent attention that TT and CS have been getting as far as balance is concerned, and TT finally coming out of beta, I believe there's some potential being wasted.

Is there not enough demand for a professional 3's team on Twisted Treeline? There's nothing else like it as far as I know. These games could be played in between regular games to give the SR players a moment to rethink they're strategies for example.

Does Dominion not have enough potential for a pro scene? This is the main draw to Infinite Crisis and, seeing as how they're partnered with MLG, there's strong reason to believe this is what they'll showcase in their matches. Seeing as how LoL somewhat pioneered this game format, wouldn't it make sense for Riot to get in on it as well?

Those are avenues within this game that I think could be entertaining to watch at a professional level. I'm interested in hearing your thoughts about it.

Mandible Claw

10-17-2013

dominion has tournaments, but they aren't hosted by riot. it's called dominate dominion

but in general, neither of these maps are popular enough. the new TT was cool for a day then everyone went back to SR

DriedPrunes

10-17-2013

I don't that will will focus on TT or Dominion. Also from a marketing stand point it segregates the market too much for 1 game in E sports

Purodyuusaa

10-17-2013

Could they not become popular then? Unless I've heard things incorrectly, League of Legends itself wasn't very popular until recently. There's just potential within those maps that I, as a spectator, would eventually like to see utilized.